Author Topic: I love Frank Martin  (Read 40718 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I love Frank Martin
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2017, 01:50:59 PM »
Other AD's have stood by their coaches under vastly more pressure from entities with vastly more financial clout (like the Iron Dukes for example).   John Currie is a little man with a big personal agenda.   

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »
Frank was all ours too. Huggs was Cincy's and WVU's at his core, but Frank was ours. He could've had a 20 year run at K State if we had played our cards right and not been stupid.

Pfft he literally campaigned for the Miami job

so what? he wasn't offered it

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2017, 02:20:24 PM »
If not for Currie, Frank may still be a Cat today, but I find it pretty hard to believe he'd be a lifer. In my mind we were always going to lose him, just would have been nicer to do so after getting to at least one Final Four.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2017, 02:31:10 PM »
The loss of Frank is on the heads of every single fan who sat quietly while John Currie ruined this program.

If you are not a major donor just what was one to do to stop Currie/Shulz ?  Especially with a time frame of a few days/hours between Jamargate and Frank taking another job.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2017, 02:35:56 PM »
Very good question. I look forward to the responses.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
So, so many rough ridin' assholes doubted Frank.  eff each and every one of you.  eff you all.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2017, 03:49:43 PM »
GREAT JOB FRANK!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2017, 04:19:36 PM »
So, so many rough ridin' assholes doubted Frank.  eff each and every one of you.  eff you all.

frank can't coach for crap and you know it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »
I don't see the point of putting on a brave face here. This is an absolute disaster for K-State fans.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2017, 04:41:57 PM »
we are in year 5 of the disaster Chum

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2017, 04:43:03 PM »
I don't see the point of putting on a brave face here. This is an absolute disaster for K-State fans.

Not for those of us who have always loved Frank, and hated Currie/Oscar. For us, it's rough ridin' great. I am party rocking so hard right now and so are so many of my best buds.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2017, 04:43:32 PM »

if you're a kstate fan and you don't hate kstate, you deserve whatever disaster comes your way.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »
The anger is starting to flow towards Currie and Schulz(s). Not so much towards Weber. This will complete the circle and our punished will be served. The Weber tenure will soon be over.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2017, 04:51:41 PM »

Not for those of us who have always loved Frank, and hated Currie/Oscar. For us, it's rough ridin' great. I am party rocking so hard right now and so are so many of my best buds.

You're living the dream man

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2017, 04:52:11 PM »
The only appropriate thing for any of us to do is hate ourselves.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »

Why? I hate every tuck who contributed (directly or indirectly) to pressure on Currie/Schultz to micromanage Frank, but I sure as eff don't hate myself or any other Frank supporter because we were right as crap and being right feels super good.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2017, 05:00:55 PM »

if you're a kstate fan and you don't hate kstate, you deserve whatever disaster comes your way.

I might buy one of those bricks in the bsfs field wall things and have this engraved on it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2017, 05:01:18 PM »

Why? I hate every tuck who contributed (directly or indirectly) to pressure on Currie/Schultz to micromanage Frank, but I sure as eff don't hate myself or any other Frank supporter because we were right as crap and being right feels super good.
It doesn't feel super good when another team is yet again hanging a banner that should be at K-State. 

I'm slightly bitter at Frank for folding up shop.  If he and Bill had presented a united front to the public Currie would have been out on his ass.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »
KSU fans should be happy because it could definitely happen to us very quickly

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2017, 05:04:06 PM »
I'm not bitter towards Frank at all. His micromanaging boss tried to bigtime him so he bolted to spite him and now he's partying while Currie has disappeared from the public eye. And Frank is going to make it his mission to pisspound Tennessee every single time they play. Frank is great and I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »

Why?

You chose a school that sucks. That's on you.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »
I'm not bitter towards Frank at all. His micromanaging boss tried to bigtime him so he bolted to spite him and now he's partying while Currie has disappeared from the public eye. And Frank is going to make it his mission to pisspound Tennessee every single time they play. Frank is great and I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

For me, I would have hoped he showed a bit more loyalty to the fans and school that made him.  I would have probably done the same thing he did.  For me, my bitterness for him leaving is well eclipsed by our eff faced tuck fans who wanted him gone and love to have Oscar now.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
It's so cute how people on here are lashing out. As if any fan had anything to do with Frank leaving and us getting oscar. Simple things for simple people.