Author Topic: Roger Marshall: Maybe worse than Huelskamp  (Read 8904 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Marshall: Maybe worse than Huelskamp
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2017, 09:19:48 PM »
Abe, re-think your crap posting.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »
The other thing about KSUW and FSD's pearl clutching (and emo's responses) is this is just a very common belief on the right, that we would simply be better off without poor people and that they are inherently flawed and unworthy of the support they already get from government.

It is just taken as a very basic assumption for tons of policy proposals and ideologies and it is completely disgusting.

Another recent example from a scholar at AEI:

Kai Ryssdal: Let's talk about this piece you had in Foreign Affairs. You call it “The Dignity Deficit: Reclaiming Americans’ Sense of Purpose.” We lost it?

Arthur Brooks: Yeah. Not everybody did, but there's this kind of a scary statistic for people like me who are really interested in the free enterprise system, which is that something like a third of the American population is starting to express pretty grave doubts in their ability to earn their success in the United States. You know, one of the things that I ask when I'm in front of audiences is to do a little thought experiment: What would happen if all of the poor people in America just disappeared? Would you know it if all the poor people in America suddenly disappeared? I daresay that most people listening to us today wouldn't even know about it immediately. They have no emotional or moral connection to them.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2017, 10:07:58 AM »
Abe, re-think your crap posting.
  :lol:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »
The other thing about KSUW and FSD's pearl clutching (and emo's responses) is this is just a very common belief on the right, that we would simply be better off without poor people and that they are inherently flawed and unworthy of the support they already get from government.

It is just taken as a very basic assumption for tons of policy proposals and ideologies and it is completely disgusting.

Another recent example from a scholar at AEI:

Kai Ryssdal: Let's talk about this piece you had in Foreign Affairs. You call it “The Dignity Deficit: Reclaiming Americans’ Sense of Purpose.” We lost it?

Arthur Brooks: Yeah. Not everybody did, but there's this kind of a scary statistic for people like me who are really interested in the free enterprise system, which is that something like a third of the American population is starting to express pretty grave doubts in their ability to earn their success in the United States. You know, one of the things that I ask when I'm in front of audiences is to do a little thought experiment: What would happen if all of the poor people in America just disappeared? Would you know it if all the poor people in America suddenly disappeared? I daresay that most people listening to us today wouldn't even know about it immediately. They have no emotional or moral connection to them.

What an absurdly stupid quote,smdh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »
Gross. I step away for a few days and this thread has grown to 4 pages of KK bitching about one thing or another. I haven't even bothered to reread all the whining but I did enjoy the "clutching pearls" line - coming from the guy who is utterly fixated on Marshall using two wrong words off the cuff before getting to the right one.

Obamacare was touted as bringing down the cost of healthcare by making preventative care much more accessible, averting more serious care. Sounds great in theory - but it hasn't worked because poor people and stupid people (often the same group) don't adequately avail themselves of the preventative care even when it's "free." That's the point Marshall was making. It's a good point, so naturally KK would rather fixate on two words.

This is a dumb thread. By all means continue your rant.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2017, 11:16:13 AM »
Gross. I step away for a few days and this thread has grown to 4 pages of KK bitching about one thing or another. I haven't even bothered to reread all the whining but I did enjoy the "clutching pearls" line - coming from the guy who is utterly fixated on Marshall using two wrong words off the cuff before getting to the right one.

Obamacare was touted as bringing down the cost of healthcare by making preventative care much more accessible, averting more serious care. Sounds great in theory - but it hasn't worked because poor people and stupid people (often the same group) don't adequately avail themselves of the preventative care even when it's "free." That's the point Marshall was making. It's a good point, so naturally KK would rather fixate on two words.

1) Marshall made a much better point later on in his "clarification" statement that he accepted Medicaid and that people traveled hundreds of miles to go to him to get care. It is very relevant point, that Obamacare was designed to improve Medicaid through an expansion. THE EXACT MEDICAID EXPANSION BLOCKED by Brownback and many other Republican governors. This action did make it much more difficult for poor people to access precisely the kind of preventative care that they are no being subsequently blamed for not accessing that health care and called "stupid." So blaming both poor people and Obamacare as voted on and designed by Congress seems pretty disingenuous.

2) You continue to assert that Marshall misspoke in some way. He issued a clarification and didn't mention the issue you are speaking of, so he didn't feel the need to correct any record. The burden of proof that he didn't mean what he clearly said seems like it would be on you to provide. It seems you acknowledge that taken at face value, it is an awful quote, which is precisely what I said to begin this thread.

3) You'd be more honest if you just stopped with the pre-tense that you have any real concern for the poor.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »

Preventive care really doesn't do that much to lower health care costs, anyway. Some things save a lot of money, like vaccines, but the things you actually need a doctor for, like physicals and cancer screenings, provide less benefit than cost.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2017, 06:53:41 PM »
KK, what in the eff are you talking about? Bitch, please
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2017, 08:17:35 PM »
I'm sorry, did you say your name is Kai???

:lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »
Just looked up this Kai dork.

He hosts an npr show about business, and, unsurprisingly, he has absolutely zero experience in business. He did fly an airplane in the navy, tho.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2017, 10:12:30 PM »
I enjoyed reading this. Most of you are real dumb.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2017, 06:57:49 AM »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/324699-mulvaney-the-only-way-to-get-truly-universal-care-is-to-throw-people-in

"The only way to get truly universal care is to throw people in jail if they don't have it," he said on CBS's "Face The Nation." "And we are not going to do that."

“There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it," Trump said during an interview with The Washington Post.

"That’s not going to happen with us.”

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2017, 08:22:12 AM »
Those are Mick Mulvaney quotes, not Roger Marshall.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2017, 11:41:57 AM »
Those are Mick Mulvaney quotes, not Roger Marshall.

yes they are. didn't want to start new thread.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2017, 12:46:40 PM »
Very compassionate person
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2017, 01:07:15 PM »
You want to see a bunch of 64oz Mountain Dews you walk your ass into a union manufacturing facility.

didn't those guys vote Trump?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2017, 08:46:28 PM »
Here is a concept that I wish people on the left in all their compassionate glory could grasp.

People don't value things that they don't choose to pay for or earn in some other way.  Apply this to all of your altruistic endeavors and you might actually empower people in need to help themselves and as a byproduct you will DO GOOD.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2017, 08:55:23 PM »
Here is a concept that I wish people on the left in all their compassionate glory could grasp.

People don't value things that they don't choose to pay for or earn in some other way.  Apply this to all of your altruistic endeavors and you might actually empower people in need to help themselves and as a byproduct you will DO GOOD.

There are lots of rights that human beings have that are inalienable.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2017, 09:02:39 PM »

Most of this has been about how we help the poor, specifically tell me the inalienable rights that they have that people with money don't have.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »

Most of this has been about how we help the poor, specifically tell me the inalienable rights that they have that people with money don't have.

Look up the word inalienable.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2017, 09:28:09 PM »

Libtards are extremely compassionate with other people's money, after they take their unearned cut.

They use the apparatus of goverment and moral equivocation to steal from others. It's pretty gross. There have been myriad studies that show they are far less charitable than their conservative peers.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2017, 09:29:50 PM »

Look up the word inalienable.

So you got my point, that your post was dumb

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2022, 01:31:52 PM »
My senator has been extremely horned up about fentanyl over the past several months. I work in healthcare and have not seen an uptick in overdoses or admissions for fentanyl of any sort. Opiods in general continue to be a problem. My impression is that he is beating the drum about this as part of his "tough on the border" messaging. I'm open to being wrong about this. Are spiking fentanyl overdoses an issue where you live?

https://twitter.com/RogerMarshallMD/status/1578074949822169090?s=20&t=DLbKopmvjktjtSWxHg0aeg

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2022, 02:38:06 PM »
nevermind, IC's post in the megamaga thread explains what is going on:

https://twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1578029370786349061?s=20&t=I45TqpZ867WCRuvT9Qg00w

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2022, 02:40:32 PM »