Author Topic: Roger Marshall: Maybe worse than Huelskamp  (Read 8884 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Marshall: Maybe worse than Huelskamp
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2017, 07:52:23 PM »
And I know you can be a giraffe if you want to be.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2017, 07:53:41 PM »
He (Marshall) finds the poor repugnant and stupid.  Those are awful things to say.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:02:15 PM by Canary »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »
I think Emo may just have not had a lot experience with homeless nor idea how they get there. Just sees them at their lowest point. Unwashed. Begging for money. And maybe drunk. Probably doesn't  think much about how they got there.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Roger Marshall: Maybe worse than Huelskamp
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2017, 11:21:19 AM »
Sdk I got that number from someone who did his residency (?) at some public/shitty hospital in Kansas City.  Said he'd see the same homeless folks every week complaining of chest pains and they'd spend millions testing them as they are required to do.

I don't think it takes a lot of experience to believe it's better not to have to consume precious health care resources just because someone wants a hot meal and a bed for a night.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2017, 11:41:39 AM »
No but it takes experience to have compassion apparently. Ask your friends about how much it costs for uninsured mothers to give birth. Ask them about the liability they are forced to take on.

I can say millions are spent on that all day long because I know many an rn, crna, and doctor in the field. I'm choosing not to. Because it doesn't hold much weight. We all know the cost of health care.

Take some time and broaden your scope in waste. Picking on the homeless is disgusting.

I'm sorry your friends have to do their job, just as I'm sorry that my friends have to help the poor, homeless, and unfit complete the cycle. But there are people with a home, able to get a good job, able to get Healthcare and choose not too and want to pop out kids on our dime. I find that far more deplorable than a man or woman suffering.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »
Them ask yourself how any of those kids are going to be afforded the opportunity to succeed. How many are going to be as enriched as most of us on this board were? Some will persevere. Most will not. It's a cycle. One that undoubtedly feeds into your heartless homeless problem. If you want to charge a cost for admission. Start at the ob.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
Homeless is just one part of the topic of this discussion and the only part on which I've commented.  You're extrapolating these precise comments into something else and you shouldn't.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2017, 12:08:48 PM »
Sdk I got that number from someone who did his residency (?) at some public/shitty hospital in Kansas City.  Said he'd see the same homeless folks every week complaining of chest pains and they'd spend millions testing them as they are required to do.

I don't think it takes a lot of experience to believe it's better not to have to consume precious health care resources just because someone wants a hot meal and a bed for a night.

well I mean that has like nothing to do with what Marshall said. You're just sharing an anecdote.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »

Homeless is just one part of the topic of this discussion and the only part on which I've commented.  You're extrapolating these precise comments into something else and you shouldn't.

I can only comment on what I read. If you have other insights I'd be happy to comment on them as well.

I know we are both on the same team here. Medical spending waste needs to be stopped. I'm going for its birth, you're going after its grave.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »
I am not sure emo is reading the same quote I am.  I can tell that KSUW definitely read the same quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2017, 09:00:16 AM »
I am focused on what he actually said in a quote. You and KSUW are very focused on inferring from what he said an implied argument about the best way to provide health care.

He actually said these people don't want the health care, not even because they are too stupid, but because they morally and spiritually don't want it. Those are the words he chose to use.

So exactly like I said. You are fixating on two words he said off the cuff that he knew weren't the right words the minute he said them, which is why he kept grasping for the right word until he found it. But you are choosing to ignore that because you'd rather be outraged than join in the serious discussion over the very valid point he was making. You're just demonstrating the liberal perpetual outrage machine in action.

Is their audio or video? I mean the context seems insane and not at all supportive of what you are claiming.  He starts with homeless and then goes on to disparage everyone with Medicaid.

But if Roger Marshall had as much grace and compassion as you are giving him, he wouldn't have said or believed this in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:impatient:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2017, 12:57:26 PM »
What a ghoul.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/03/roger-marshall-kansas-obamacare/

“Just like Jesus said, ‘The poor will always be with us,’” he said. “There is a group of people that just don’t want health care and aren’t going to take care of themselves.”

Pressed on that point, Marshall shrugged.

“Just, like, homeless people. … I think just morally, spiritually, socially, [some people] just don’t want health care,” he said. “The Medicaid population, which is [on] a free credit card, as a group, do probably the least preventive medicine and taking care of themselves and eating healthy and exercising. And I’m not judging, I’m just saying socially that’s where they are. So there’s a group of people that even with unlimited access to health care are only going to use the emergency room when their arm is chopped off or when their pneumonia is so bad they get brought [into] the ER.”

Ftr, this is the quote where Marshall called the poor "repugnant", "stupid", dehumanized them, and claimed the "have fundamentally flawed souls".

In libtard land it's clearly more useful to slanderize a politician, and engage in outraged debate over said slander, than actually address a real problem  (eg, poor people using the ER for primary care, and the enormous cost to tax payers).

Ya'll should try being less dishonest and sociopathic for a day. It might partially cleanse your "soul" and make you less "repugnant" to the general populace.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2017, 01:00:59 PM »
Arm chopped off and pneumonia seem like legitimate er trips. Maybe less with pneumonia but I wouldn't say it's out of line.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »
Saying "I'm not judging" after making up lies about a group is like saying "no disrespect" and then going on to talk about someone's mother. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »
Saying "I'm not judging" in that context is the thing as saying "as a matter of fact."

Of course, the quote is pasted up above. You can redefine what he's saying all you want. I think he said "pour" not "poor" and the reporter transcribed incorrectly.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2017, 07:41:25 AM »
I'm not one to tell people what they want or don't want.  Can't figure why he frames it as a "poor" issue.  Stupid.

Man, I should do a better job reading.

“Just, like, homeless people. … I think just morally, spiritually, socially, [some people] just don’t want care about health care,” he said. “The Medicaid population, which is [on] a free credit card, as a group, do probably the least preventive medicine and taking care of themselves and eating healthy and exercising. And I’m not judging, I’m just saying socially that’s where they are. So there’s a group of people that even with unlimited access to health care are only going to use the emergency room when their arm is chopped off or when their pneumonia is so bad they get brought [into] the ER.”

Now that would be accurate.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2017, 07:44:58 AM »
Saying "I'm not judging" in that context is the thing as saying "as a matter of fact."

Of course, the quote is pasted up above. You can redefine what he's saying all you want. I think he said "pour" not "poor" and the reporter transcribed incorrectly.

neocon snowflakes, everyone is lying, no one is transcribing me correctly  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 11:18:20 AM »
The people that don't take care of themselves are the Trumpublicans that stuff their faces everyda and cry about sugar taxes cause they need their 64oz Mountain Dew

Good thing liberals tend to be in shape, good smelling/looking human beings.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2017, 11:30:47 AM »
The people that don't take care of themselves are the Trumpublicans that stuff their faces everyda and cry about sugar taxes cause they need their 64oz Mountain Dew

:lol:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2017, 01:56:39 PM »
You want to see a bunch of 64oz Mountain Dews you walk your ass into a union manufacturing facility.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2017, 06:32:47 PM »

Oh hell yeah!!!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2017, 08:30:01 PM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2017, 09:17:07 PM »
You want to see a bunch of 64oz Mountain Dews you walk your ass into a union manufacturing facility.

Again, this wasn't what Marshall said and his proposed remedy, both conceptually and politically, to that problem is to cut the services that already are clearly not addressing what is a problem with primary care and preventative care.

So what is your point?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2017, 09:18:49 PM »

I love that he goes by the name "Woody"  :lol:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2017, 09:18:56 PM »

Again, this wasn't what Marshall said and his proposed remedy, both conceptually and politically, to that problem is to cut the services that already are clearly not addressing what is a problem with primary care and preventative care.

So what is your point?

It was in response to Abe's post, that's all.  Deep breaths dude.  I assume the Cats must be getting they asses beat?