Author Topic: Laverne and Shirley game thread started at the under 4 timeout of the first half  (Read 3498 times)

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
It's amazing how badly oscar Weber continually gets disrespected by referees. There were no fewer than 6 calls the last 45 seconds of that game that we were on the wrong side of. Milwaukee got a favorable whistle on the road at K-State. I don't ever remember thinking, "yeah, team x got screwed, we definitely got the calls tonight."

besides the FT hitting the rim, what?

kinda did a small favor not calling the foul with  6 secs left when mcgurl got pushed

The way they called those touch fouls when Milwaukee had to take fouls was brutal. Two of them absolutely weren't fouls and were anticipated, that time was huge. There was a missed travel in the scramble possession where they hit the last three. I suppose it's possible that three pointer got his arm touched when Pollard called the three shot foul, but the shooter's embellishment makes me think he didn't and pollard also anticipated that one too. The foul they called was also not a foul, they didn't give it on the baseline, and they shouldn't have, but then they called the slight touch when McGurl got away. Finally, of course the free throw. That was Sirmons' second screw up btw, he was the one who started the clock when Milwaukee rolled the ball in, they retook the in bounds play and Weber picked up too aggressively and that led to the scramble three that had the travel.

i didn't watch that closely so u could be right about the touch fouls...and i think you could be right about the foul on the 3-pointer

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Have hope the sophomores can at least be decent roleplayers by the time our super stud freshman are juniors. 2 decent roleplayers and Dajuan is an above average class. Bad if they’re our best players but good enough to support the studs. Rudi and EZ look alright too.

It’s very rare a 7 footer that’s not a projected lottery pick makes an immediate impact. Ku fans were saying they didn’t want him and they got their guy in Muscadin. Maybe it was true at the time but looks like our guy is the better player.

The only salvageable returning sophomore is Dajuan, and even he won't be what people want him to be. He needs to work on his defending and becoming a better shooter. I think his upside is being a 4 year starter eventually averaging like 10 pts., 3 assists, & 3 boards, but he's got to be more efficient and cut the turnovers. He has a career TOr of 20%

D Gordon's inability to shoot is going to kill him...just can't be a non-shooting SG/SF in today's game...i think M Murphy and A Gordon could still be OK (and they are a lot better than a lot of the young bigs we've seen in recent years), but I don't see where they get playing time if we go 4 out...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Have hope the sophomores can at least be decent roleplayers by the time our super stud freshman are juniors. 2 decent roleplayers and Dajuan is an above average class. Bad if they’re our best players but good enough to support the studs. Rudi and EZ look alright too.

It’s very rare a 7 footer that’s not a projected lottery pick makes an immediate impact. Ku fans were saying they didn’t want him and they got their guy in Muscadin. Maybe it was true at the time but looks like our guy is the better player.

The only salvageable returning sophomore is Dajuan, and even he won't be what people want him to be. He needs to work on his defending and becoming a better shooter. I think his upside is being a 4 year starter eventually averaging like 10 pts., 3 assists, & 3 boards, but he's got to be more efficient and cut the turnovers. He has a career TOr of 20%

D Gordon's inability to shoot is going to kill him...just can't be a non-shooting SG/SF in today's game...i think M Murphy and A Gordon could still be OK (and they are a lot better than a lot of the young bigs we've seen in recent years), but I don't see where they get playing time if we go 4 out...

Agree with all of this. Dajuan can make himself a better shooter though, will he, who knows, but he can.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
There is hope.  Hell if we played Defense this team could be really good.  These freshman have a high ceiling.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what do you guys think about carlton

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He's only played 11 minutes :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 I want Gordon to be great because I just do, but I’m worried that he needs a Kind of love/hate coach to bring that out of him. I think Chet was maybe that but he’s gone. 🙁

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He's only played 11 minutes :dunno:

ok so he's amazing :love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile