Author Topic: So long Del and Mo thread  (Read 11394 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: So long Del and Mo thread
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2017, 02:01:16 PM »
snyder throwing a considerable amount of shade at gpc the past couple days
well deserved shade

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
The amount of shade thrown at Currie is staggering. Bill openly discussed his cancer treatment with a wide enough swathe that many people knew throughout the Manhattan community to the point where Fitz posts something and then Bill goes out of his way to mention that he never told Currie?  I mean, I know that it is an open secret that Bill doesn't like Currie, but wow.

Definitely very interesting to note.  I have to note, it probably takes a lot to have Bill hold a grudge against you.  I mean, it appears he forgave Mark Mangino for all the underhanded crap he did on the way out the door.  So, if there are issues with Currie, that is something pretty hefty in the eyes of Bill.

HCBS has never adapted to the fact that some of his power was taken away.   He basically had a Yes Man in Jim Epps in the old regime who would schedule whatever cupcakes Snyder told him to schedule, now Snyder's contracts directly stipulate that he must work directly with the AD in creating the schedule (not some associate AD yes man).  Snyder pretty much could do what ever he wanted in the eyes of Wefald, including getting paid bonuses and salary in a manner to avoid taxes.   Now you read the coaches contracts and they're very pointed in how the coaches will be paid, and Currie was very pointed that athletic department salary payments et. al. would flow through the University Comptrollers office with all the requisite taxes taken out (not flowing through some athletic department account) etc. etc.

Remember that time he was surprised that his granddaughter got engaged on the Jumbotron?

That was pretty great/awkward.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2017, 02:21:12 PM »
The amount of shade thrown at Currie is staggering. Bill openly discussed his cancer treatment with a wide enough swathe that many people knew throughout the Manhattan community to the point where Fitz posts something and then Bill goes out of his way to mention that he never told Currie?  I mean, I know that it is an open secret that Bill doesn't like Currie, but wow.

Definitely very interesting to note.  I have to note, it probably takes a lot to have Bill hold a grudge against you.  I mean, it appears he forgave Mark Mangino for all the underhanded crap he did on the way out the door.  So, if there are issues with Currie, that is something pretty hefty in the eyes of Bill.

HCBS has never adapted to the fact that some of his power was taken away.   He basically had a Yes Man in Jim Epps in the old regime who would schedule whatever cupcakes Snyder told him to schedule, now Snyder's contracts directly stipulate that he must work directly with the AD in creating the schedule (not some associate AD yes man).  Snyder pretty much could do what ever he wanted in the eyes of Wefald, including getting paid bonuses and salary in a manner to avoid taxes.   Now you read the coaches contracts and they're very pointed in how the coaches will be paid, and Currie was very pointed that athletic department salary payments et. al. would flow through the University Comptrollers office with all the requisite taxes taken out (not flowing through some athletic department account) etc. etc.

Remember that time he was surprised that his granddaughter got engaged on the Jumbotron?

That was pretty great/awkward.

Yeah, but I sometimes think he acts "surprised" to perpetuate the Grandpa Bill meme that so many K-State fans love.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2017, 05:12:25 PM »
I never once have said a negative word about del but naming his kids todd and tad should be an executitable offense

I was always a fairly pro-Del guy but this disturbing new (to me) information will weigh heavy on my mind.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2017, 07:20:05 PM »
I never once have said a negative word about del but naming his kids todd and tad should be an executitable offense

I was always a fairly pro-Del guy but this disturbing new (to me) information will weigh heavy on my mind.

Maybe it has something to do with being an assistant football coach at KSU.  I mean, Dimel named his kid Winston.

(Normally, I would make a crack about an exception if Dana named the kid after his favorite brand of smokes - or the old corporate sponsor of NASCAR, but with the Snyder news today, maybe not.)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2017, 07:34:12 PM »
Winston is an alpha name