Author Topic: 2016-2017 kstate noncon sos  (Read 7813 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2016-2017 kstate noncon sos
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 01:28:51 PM »
Some people get completely obsessed by the theoretical "tuck", it's very interesting

It's frustrating because you can't have a basketball conversation on here without someone interjecting it into the conversation as if it's something tangible.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 04:46:29 PM »
up to 334th.  utah joins rutgers and tech on the list of major conf teams with a lower rated sos.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2016, 09:52:22 PM »
improved to 327th following slu.  enjoy it while you can, the schedulemakers have done our sos no favors with the next game.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 10:31:19 PM »
will pv a&m overlook us as they prep for their match up against tsu?
we can only hope

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »
the bad news is that it's down to 338th.  the good news is that this is as bad as it gets.  a new dawn is rising over oppys in the 100s and 200s.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 09:44:48 PM »
205 washington state in the sprint center followed by the 128 mike from fort collins's.  we then wrap up this pos non con with 220 gardner webb.

then BRING ON THE LONGHORNS

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 10:03:34 PM »
I have been calling for oscar's noggin' since the Kentucky loss.  After all this time, I'm of the mind to demand why anyone who wants to fire him now, when they had sufficient reason for the 3 years previous to do the same, can justify it now?

We weren't rebuilding when he was hired - we were pretty decent.

He ran what we had into the ground, then when he lucked upon some talent, he ran THAT off.

So why not just leave oscar be?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 10:17:05 PM »
Announcer during Texas-Michigan game "kudos for the teams scheduling this game, Texas could be playing Prairieview A&M right now."

Uh, no they couldn't be, because KSU literally just played them, dumbass.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 12:44:29 PM »
I have been calling for oscar's noggin' since the Kentucky loss.  After all this time, I'm of the mind to demand why anyone who wants to fire him now, when they had sufficient reason for the 3 years previous to do the same, can justify it now?

We weren't rebuilding when he was hired - we were pretty decent.

He ran what we had into the ground, then when he lucked upon some talent, he ran THAT off.

So why not just leave oscar be?
so you are a quitter?

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 10:08:34 PM »
As I sit watching Xavier play at Colorado, I'm reminded that guys like Chris Mack aren't afraid to play anyone, anywhere and it seems to work for him. Xavier lost, but the growth a team gets from these kinds of games, assuming their coach is actually viewed as a legitimate leader and not a play hard chart kind of bad person, is more important than slaughtering another member of the SWAC.

The one way I contend oscar is just like Wooldridge is the fact that his players don't view him as a legitimate leader. If that is the dynamic, then there is no chance to get back to where we were that short time ago when we played basketball with marbles.

NIT birth keeps oscar around, I'm of that mindset.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 09:52:32 PM »
the bad news is that it's down to 338th.  the good news is that this is as bad as it gets.  a new dawn is rising over oppys in the 100s and 200s.

welp, i was wrong.  down to 345th.  for the first time all year, afaik, tech moves ahead of us to 343rd.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2016, 10:35:19 PM »
This is just the absolute shittiest collection of teams I can remember us playing. Every game I think to myself, "My god, that's the worst basketball team I've ever seen." But then the next game I think the same thing. Nothing about this non-con has been fun in the least.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2016, 07:00:44 AM »
This is just the absolute shittiest collection of teams I can remember us playing. Every game I think to myself, "My god, that's the worst basketball team I've ever seen." But then the next game I think the same thing. Nothing about this non-con has been fun in the least.
Yea, it's been super hard to GAF about basketball this year. Hoping that changes at conference play
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »
Yea, it's been super hard to GAF about basketball this year. Hoping that changes at conference play
It will be super hard to GAF about basketball during conference play when the BruceCats are getting their asses handed to them every game

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2016, 01:02:13 PM »
They won't. The Big XII isn't good this year.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 11:46:20 AM »
They won't. The Big XII isn't good this year.

Yea, the Big 12 is just gross, no talent pussies. amiriteguys?

Only 5 of the top 39 NBA prospects for the '17 draft and the likely #1 pick:
http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

Plus, totally gross and disgusting coaches that hardly belong at this level. I'm looking at one in particular, the world's greatest and cleanest basketball coach if only America were great again he'd find success on the prairie, but the liberal schedule makers and cheating ass bastards at other schools, like the Chinese, are preventing greatness.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 01:27:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/808726771575169024

if there was online voice change software that i could run that through, i might listen just to hear him try to defend and excuse the schedule.  or blame it on someone else.  but in lieu of that, i just can't listen.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2016, 11:47:20 AM »
cats up to 338th.  lmao @ tech with the 343rd hardest schedule in college bball.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2016, 12:37:22 PM »

if there was online voice change software that i could run that through, i might listen just to hear him try to defend and excuse the schedule.  or blame it on someone else.  but in lieu of that, i just can't listen.
you could download it and playback at half speed

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2016, 12:42:32 PM »
As gottlieb pointed out yesterday, it's absurd to differentiate a win against a team ranked between 100-370whatever as being better than another.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2016, 06:12:33 PM »
As gottlieb pointed out yesterday, it's absurd to differentiate a win against a team ranked between 100-370whatever as being better than another.

That wasn't his point at all, there is a gigantic difference between beating a team separated by 250 places in the RPI.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »

That wasn't his point at all, there is a gigantic difference between beating a team separated by 250 places in the RPI.

No there isn't and the rpi is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2016, 04:11:51 PM »
I never felt that this schedule was to help us get in the NCAA, but rather to help us get into the NIT.  When we end the year with 18/19 wins, we will probably get in the NIT, and then oscar's trajectory is suddenly pointing up.

I fully believe if we get in the NIT, oscar is here another year easily.

Yes, I believe this is absolutely true. Sadly.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 04:56:15 PM »
I never felt that this schedule was to help us get in the NCAA, but rather to help us get into the NIT.  When we end the year with 18/19 wins, we will probably get in the NIT, and then oscar's trajectory is suddenly pointing up.

I fully believe if we get in the NIT, oscar is here another year easily.

Yes, I believe this is absolutely true. Sadly.

The windows for the NIT is so small after they added additional auto bids. Any logic built around the NIT is just silly.