Author Topic: 4th District  (Read 9438 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: 4th District
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2017, 07:56:59 AM »
Republicans held serve in rural Kansas.  :Wha:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2017, 08:18:20 AM »
i think it's a lot more about brownback and his super shitty reign as governor than anything national.

The democrats are going to go 0-fer his governorship, the KDP is a train wreck. In addition to that Kansas voters have to have the standard set for indifference and disengagement, moderate republicans can't even get a foothold. What a sad, pathetic lot; this happened just a week after the nation's worst governor chose politics over the health of children in the state.

Moderate republicans are winning primaries against more conservative candidates. They have enough of a foothold to pass a budget that repeals the Brownback tax cuts now. They just don't have enough of a foothold to override a veto.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2017, 08:20:14 AM »
So much whining. The KDC isn't getting enough credit. Last election cycle, they managed to sneak quite a few liberals into the legislature by running them as Republicans in the GOP primaries, which is why the house is currently passing things like tax increases with no spending cuts and Medicaid expansion. Whoever the genius is that pulled off that scam ought to be running the DNC.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2017, 08:23:51 AM »
So much whining. The KDC isn't getting enough credit. Last election cycle, they managed to sneak quite a few liberals into the legislature by running them as Republicans in the GOP primaries, which is why the house is currently passing things like tax increases with no spending cuts and Medicaid expansion. Whoever the genius is that pulled off that scam ought to be running the DNC.

pro-life, though

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2017, 08:24:57 AM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »
https://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/852138509355933697

KSUW must be feeding his alt-facts to Trump about money spent

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »
https://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/852138509355933697

KSUW must be feeding his alt-facts to Trump about money spent

Look, if you think The HuffPo piece I linked above is fake news, fine by me I guess.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2017, 10:09:52 AM »
I do think HuffPo is not credible news. :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2017, 11:23:45 AM »
Media calling it a moral victory for 'crats, which is very losery and also lol for a special election with piss poor turnout.

This quote was pretty great
“I believe that after tonight, the KS Republican Party will be 32-0 in federal and statewide elections since nominating Sam Brownback for Governor,” Brownback’s former chief of staff, David Kensinger, said in an email. “Good headline, no?”

I mean sure, if you're completely tone deaf to the fact that even 'pubs hate Brownback now :dunno:

Clearly nowhere close to enough.

And although the pubs have been winning the 4th by 20+ points only losing by 10 is still nightmarishly shitty in a metropolitan area and frankly one of the most diverse metro areas in the Midwest. Wichita is so cucked it's embarrassing, LOfuckingL at any Neanderthal that thinks Wichita is in any way shape or form better than Des Moines or Omaha. Decent zoo though.

As a life long JoCo resident I have no dog in this fight, but can confirm Wichita is infintely better than Des Moines and substantially better than Omaha.

However, I don't afford any weight to whether the representative congressional district has recently voted libtard in my analysis. Mainly because that's really Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »
I do think HuffPo is not credible news. :dunno:

It isn't. But there's no question Thompson put forth a much more visible and active campaign, which usually equates to more money spent.

Estes completely mailed it in and still won because nobody in Kansas (or virtually every other non-urban non-shithole resident) wants to live in a leftist police state.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2017, 11:57:32 AM »
Media calling it a moral victory for 'crats, which is very losery and also lol for a special election with piss poor turnout.

“I believe that after tonight, the KS Republican Party will be 32-0 in federal and statewide elections since nominating Sam Brownback for Governor,” Brownback’s former chief of staff, David Kensinger, said in an email. “Good headline, no?”

I mean sure, if you're completely tone deaf to the fact that even 'pubs hate Brownback now :dunno:

And although the pubs have been winning the 4th by 20+ points only losing by 10 is still nightmarishly shitty in a metropolitan area and frankly one of the most diverse metro areas in the Midwest. Wichita is so cucked it's embarrassing, LOfuckingL at any Neanderthal that thinks Wichita is in any way shape or form better than Des Moines or Omaha. Decent zoo though.

As a life long JoCo resident I have no dog in this fight, but can confirm Wichita is infintely better than Des Moines and substantially better than Omaha.

However, I don't afford any weight to whether the representative congressional district has recently voted libtard in my analysis. Mainly because that's really Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Like in what ways?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2017, 12:31:37 PM »

Like in what ways?
Yeah I'll stan for Wichita harder than most but this statement is just wrong.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2017, 01:18:12 PM »
Like, as in every aspect that would be important to an ordinary person looking for a place to live, it's better.

Des Moines is disgusting-dont even get me started on that place.  Omaha is a slightly bigger and slightly shittier wichita with one taller building on the skyline.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2017, 01:37:37 PM »
Omaha is light years ahead of Wichita. Better downtown arena, better downtown ball park, better in town commuter school, better local sport franchises, more diverse employment options. The only thing Wichita has over Omaha is the airport and that is only based on age and the new Wichita airport leaks like a sieve when it rains.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2017, 01:46:26 PM »
I've got two words for you, FSD. Conor Oberst. Omaha wins.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2017, 02:44:03 PM »
Having hailed from the great metropolis that is Wichita, I can confirm that FSD has no rough ridin' clue what he talking about. Wichita's peak was in 1945 when it built the planes that dropped the bomb on Japan. It's been a receding blue collar wasteland since the 80s as the aircraft indistry starting to go under. I will admit the last time I was home (go home about 2-3 times a year) there has been a new vibrant, for Wichita, culture starting to take place in many areas, but it's a very dull town that wishes it was Des Moines (state capital) and more omnipresent in it's state (like Omaha) than it really is. Wichita is finally starting to getting around it can't just live off aircraft alone.

I still have that "aw, it's still home" feeling about the ICT, but I cannot tell you if you told me I had to move back there how much a step backwards that would feel. I totally get though why FSD would think Wichita is the tits, it's absolutely filled with FSDs running around bitching incessantly about anything and everything. They are the most sad sack sorry downtrodden wishing they had their voices heard lot of people you'd ever meet. WSU leaving the MVC for the AAC is literally the biggest positive news that town has had since they went to the final four, and trust me, I drove around right after WSU won to make it to the FF and the entire town save one street in Old Town was devoid of anyone looking even remotely happy.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »
Omaha >>>> Wichita > Des Moines

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2017, 04:12:18 PM »
Having hailed from the great metropolis that is Wichita, I can confirm that FSD has no rough ridin' clue what he talking about. Wichita's peak was in 1945 when it built the planes that dropped the bomb on Japan. It's been a receding blue collar wasteland since the 80s as the aircraft indistry starting to go under. I will admit the last time I was home (go home about 2-3 times a year) there has been a new vibrant, for Wichita, culture starting to take place in many areas, but it's a very dull town that wishes it was Des Moines (state capital) and more omnipresent in it's state (like Omaha) than it really is. Wichita is finally starting to getting around it can't just live off aircraft alone.

I still have that "aw, it's still home" feeling about the ICT, but I cannot tell you if you told me I had to move back there how much a step backwards that would feel. I totally get though why FSD would think Wichita is the tits, it's absolutely filled with FSDs running around bitching incessantly about anything and everything. They are the most sad sack sorry downtrodden wishing they had their voices heard lot of people you'd ever meet. WSU leaving the MVC for the AAC is literally the biggest positive news that town has had since they went to the final four, and trust me, I drove around right after WSU won to make it to the FF and the entire town save one street in Old Town was devoid of anyone looking even remotely happy.

Replace 1945 with 1890 and planes with trains, add bars that suck and close at 12:30am, and you have omaha.  There's also way more money in wichita than dumpy omaha.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2017, 04:18:13 PM »
Weird (college) hill for FSD to die on.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »
Weird (college) hill for FSD to die on.

Not weird for him, he made a position, he can't cave in now. I'd love to see why he says ICT has more money. Buffet own all, including the Kochs.

And man, don't #facts suck

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/income/nebraska/omaha/

Real Median Household Income for Omaha Nebraska

2015   1 Year Change   3 Year Change
US   $55,775   +3.83%   +5.17%
Nebraska   $54,996   +4.26%   +5.03%
Omaha   $61,024   +5.96%   +9.15%

Real Median Household Income for Wichita Kansas

2015   1 Year Change   3 Year Change
US   $55,775   +3.83%   +5.17%
Kansas   $53,906   +2.55%   +3.94%
Wichita   $51,591   -1.34%   +3.02% 

:alleyoop:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2017, 07:26:16 PM »
I really like Wichita but in a debate about which is better - ICT or Omaha - nobody comes out looking good.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2017, 07:27:39 PM »
adjust for cost of living plz!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2017, 07:41:50 PM »
Kellogg >>> Dodge

Case closed.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2017, 07:52:36 PM »
This season’s special congressional elections are being heralded as a test of whether newly energized Democrats will fare better with an unpopular Republican president.

So far, the Democrats are passing the test.

On Tuesday, Republicans won an unexpectedly close race in Kansas’ Fourth Congressional District. The Republican Ron Estes won by seven points over James Thompson, even though President Trump won the district by 27 points in November. No Democrat holds a House seat as Republican as this one, so it’s startling that the seat was even competitive.

https://nyti.ms/2oo1EgQ

Lol

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2017, 07:57:43 PM »
Yeah, the national media doesn't realize that Estes didn't bother campaigning.