Author Topic: 4th District  (Read 9436 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 4th District
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 12:53:50 PM »
I guess it should not be so surprising that a guy that thinks he is an oppressed because he is a HINRY thinks a democrat running for congress in KS gets all the breaks.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 01:06:42 PM »
A decidedly schematic advantage
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
in the actual real world Thompson's "advantages" include being turned down for a request for $20,000 from the Kansas Democratic Party and not getting a finger lifted from the DNC while Estes had Ted Cruz fly in and President Donald Trump record a robocall for him.

What are you even talking about?

Thompson hauled in plenty of cash from outside groups.

James Thompson, the Democrat running to fill the House seat vacated by Trump administration appointee Mike Pompeo, is seeing a last-minute fundraising surge in the days before Tuesday’s unexpectedly competitive Kansas special election.

Thompson, a civil rights attorney and Army veteran, raised approximately $240,000 in 20,000 individual donations, much of it since Thursday, according to his campaign manager, Colin Curtis. The haul was bolstered by an ActBlue fundraising campaign backed by several progressive grassroots groups, including Daily Kos, Democracy for America, and Our Revolution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/james-thompson-kansas-election_us_58ea3423e4b05413bfe38f8b

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 01:47:21 PM »
I guess it should not be so surprising that a guy that thinks he is an oppressed because he is a HINRY thinks a democrat running for congress in KS gets all the breaks.

I didn't say that. I said he has certain advantages, but it likely still won't be enough to win because of the voting demographics.  :dunno:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 02:08:51 PM »
The Thompson ads were pretty lol, video of him shooting machine guns, lots of talk about the working man, family, etc. His political signs are notably agnostic regarding his party affiliation. He's clearly emulating the Donald in an effort trick Don voter into thinking he's a nee pub. Hard to envision a neo fascist berner voting for him.

Should be interesting. He's also had a way more visible campaign, and seemingly spent way more money.  All I've seen on Ron is that commercial of him walking around a farm with his gut hanging over his belt Texas style.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »
Where's the best place online to follow this?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »
Who won?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2017, 09:55:37 PM »

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2017, 10:17:01 PM »
wow, that was close.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2017, 10:22:56 PM »
Media calling it a moral victory for 'crats, which is very losery and also lol for a special election with piss poor turnout.

This quote was pretty great
“I believe that after tonight, the KS Republican Party will be 32-0 in federal and statewide elections since nominating Sam Brownback for Governor,” Brownback’s former chief of staff, David Kensinger, said in an email. “Good headline, no?”

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 10:24:09 PM »
wow, that was close.

8-9 points  :lol:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 10:25:34 PM »
Media calling it a moral victory for 'crats, which is very losery and also lol for a special election with piss poor turnout.

“I believe that after tonight, the KS Republican Party will be 32-0 in federal and statewide elections since nominating Sam Brownback for Governor,” Brownback’s former chief of staff, David Kensinger, said in an email. “Good headline, no?”

I mean sure, if you're completely tone deaf to the fact that even 'pubs hate Brownback now :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2017, 10:27:38 PM »
Tone deaf would be thinking the democrats are mounting momentum

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2017, 10:30:13 PM »
Well, closer than it should have been in the 4th District. Let the tea leaf reading commence! I think for all the reasons I already stated this is probably not something for the liberals to get too excited about.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2017, 10:38:34 PM »
They were so close 53-44, kansas is about to break left! Lots to be excited about here! Real ground swell brewing. Moral victories abound!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 10:44:55 PM »
It's overblown to say it was a great pushback, but it's also naive to brush this off as a easy victory. IDK what's more crazy, the 23% swing, or the fact that 100,000+ voters didnt vote for him vs 26k for the dem. Understanding that that can be taken a lot of ways, but dems generally do poorly in special elections/midterms. Everything to be taken with grain of salt, but that +23% swing ain't nothing to jest about. We'll see how GA does next week.

U.S. House, Kansas District 4 General Election, 2016
Party   Candidate   Vote %   Votes
       Republican         Mike Pompeo Incumbent   60.7%   166,998
       Democratic   Daniel Giroux   29.6%   81,495
       Independent   Miranda Allen   6.9%   19,021
       Libertarian   Gordon Bakken   2.8%   7,737
        Total Votes                                  275,251

Ron Estes
Republican
63,505   52.5%   
James Thompson
Democrat
55,310   45.7   
Chris Rockhold
Libertarian
2,082   1.7   
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2017, 10:54:35 PM »
i think it's a lot more about brownback and his super shitty reign as governor than anything national.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2017, 10:55:01 PM »

I mean sure, if you're completely tone deaf to the fact that even 'pubs hate Brownback now :dunno:

Clearly nowhere close to enough.

And although the pubs have been winning the 4th by 20+ points only losing by 10 is still nightmarishly shitty in a metropolitan area and frankly one of the most diverse metro areas in the Midwest. Wichita is so cucked it's embarrassing, LOfuckingL at any Neanderthal that thinks Wichita is in any way shape or form better than Des Moines or Omaha. Decent zoo though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2017, 11:01:14 PM »
i think it's a lot more about brownback and his super shitty reign as governor than anything national.

The democrats are going to go 0-fer his governorship, the KDP is a train wreck. In addition to that Kansas voters have to have the standard set for indifference and disengagement, moderate republicans can't even get a foothold. What a sad, pathetic lot; this happened just a week after the nation's worst governor chose politics over the health of children in the state.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2017, 11:06:28 PM »
Let fsd celebrate guys
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2017, 11:13:32 PM »
Let fsd celebrate guys

I mean they won, morale victories are for suckers, especially when you never ever ever ever win.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2017, 11:37:46 PM »

The democrats are going to go 0-fer his governorship, the KDP is a train wreck. In addition to that Kansas voters have to have the standard set for indifference and disengagement, moderate republicans can't even get a foothold. What a sad, pathetic lot; this happened just a week after the nation's worst governor chose politics over the health of children in the state.

I mean the national democrats are a bigger trainwreck all things considered, but at this level the KDP is much more lol worthy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2017, 12:31:34 AM »

I mean the national democrats are a bigger trainwreck all things considered, but at this level the KDP is much more lol worthy.

I certainly won't argue that. It looks like the national democrats are going to be more forceful with their ideology and identity which is something that they need. Lazy indifference lost the election for them. They need to mobilize and stop trying to make a play for the independents by sacrificing party identity. Be proud to be liberal, trying to be a party of moderates has alienated a large sector of the electorate.