Author Topic: 3-5-17 K-State Player Per 100 Ratings and Team ADV Stats  (Read 10492 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: 3-5-17 K-State Player Per 100 Ratings and Team ADV Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 01:14:35 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 07:43:33 PM »
The (almost) final OOC numbers.

Mostly good, but worthy of an asterisk because of perhaps the worst OOC schedule ever for K-State. The Cats did manage to have zero close games besides the last minute choke against the only decent team we played. We'll see if that success translates to a Big 12 filled with a bunch of decent to good teams.

oscar has a legit 7 deep with solid guards, great shooting, and a legit Big 12 inside presence. Depth is an issue, plus we need to see if this shooting and decent TO% translates to Big 12 play.

Could we add Brain Patrick?  He is the guy to watch join the rotation when the team needs shooting. During the school break it will be interning if they can get him more up to speed.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 09:29:48 PM »
brown and iwu are back where they belong.  brown may be a little low now, actually.  wade is the only remaining outlier.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2017, 11:50:35 AM »
Fair enough.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2017, 04:34:17 PM »
Brown is in a horrid shooting slump, he'll bounce back. Kam has heated up. Wade is a pure shooter who rarely had to take contested j's. He has fire lit under his ass on the boards. He's going to have a great conf season. If I could change anything about Westicles it would be the 5 lazy/careless passes he makes a game.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2017, 12:52:07 PM »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2017, 02:34:48 PM »
Westicles has been really good in conference so far. If Wade has taken a step forward and flush gets it going again. This team will get in the tournament easily. 

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2017, 02:58:57 PM »
I don't like oscar because he can't consistently lead a team, but when a group of players buys in he does some really good things with them, he also does a good job finding ditr.  This guy would probably be a fabulous assistant coach.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2017, 10:47:09 AM »
Its way early, but here is the Big 12 after 2 games.

Its weird to see OU with the worst offense in the league and KU with one of the worst defenses.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »
Just 2 games, but FT shooting & FTR are great. 2pt FG are solid. 3pt about 7-9% lower than I would like to see.  Our TO forced, steals, and the our own TOs.... All very nice

That first half on defense the other night was not pretty. The other 3 halves we played have been pretty good.

We got 3 home (Ou, Baylor, WV) and 3 road ( Tech, OkSt, Isu) as far as Conf Games to  go the rest of this month. Really need to go 4-2.  We have that Tennessee game to end the month but we could be 6-3 at the halfway point after the Tcu on Feb 1

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 12:46:26 PM »
Updated per 100 numbers with improvement chart for returners.

Note the improved shooting and A:TO numbers for nearly everyone that work well with the oscar Winning Factors.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »

sys seems to have nailed Barry. Now 6-29 (.207) in his last 6 games. Ouch.

Wade's play continues to impress.

DJamer continues to struggle in Big 12 play compared to his season stats.

Stokes is shooting well, yet he had two big misses (FT, runner) in the last couple of minutes. His 2PT% is awful.

Sneed will be fine, but his production (scoring) has dropped considerably.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »

i don't think sneed has the handle he needs to have.  defenses can get up and ride him to take away his shot because there's not much he can do about it at this point in his career.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »

sys seems to have nailed Barry. Now 6-29 (.207) in his last 6 games. Ouch.

Wade's play continues to impress.

DJamer continues to struggle in Big 12 play compared to his season stats.

Stokes is shooting well, yet he had two big misses (FT, runner) in the last couple of minutes. His 2PT% is awful.

6-29 and that counts the unguarded 3 he made at buzzer.  Hope this is a bad phase and not Conference  long trend.

Dean 16-21 2pt + over 40% on 3pt, and team lead 62 pts in 4 B12 games. Nice

DJamer in B12 -- under 50% FG. 18 Reb to 13 TO is not a good ratio

Kam double digits each B12 game. Over 50% 3pt too. Still at times has some TO issues.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2017, 03:02:24 PM »

i don't think sneed has the handle he needs to have.  defenses can get up and ride him to take away his shot because there's not much he can do about it at this point in his career.

He'd be great offensively as a four but he'd probably get bullied on the other end.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
In league play, offense has been comparable to the season stats, defense is where the slip has occurred. If defense can get fixed, we won't have to worry about finishing close games.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »
I know that 3pt% defense isn't something that's monitored or really thought of as something we have a lot of control over... But 4 games down, we are allowing 42.4%. That can't happen. 2 less makes per game and it's at 30.3 & 1.5 less makes per game and we give up 33.3%. Low 30s on made % is acceptable from my standpoint. But 42.4 on 3pt and 52.4 on 2pt is a problem right now, and the main problem.

Now the 31% 3PA is fine. And our Opp are only getting 17.0% of their pts from the FT line, which is good. We have 25.3% of our pts from the FT line.

Us forcing 22.8 on TO and us getting 69.2 of the Defensive Rebounds are #s that I hope we can maintain throughout the rest of B12 play.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »
In league play, offense has been comparable to the season stats, defense is where the slip has occurred.

i think this is pretty typical (maybe not the magnitude, but the effect) for all big 12 teams noncon v con games.  also, kstate's noncon schedule is rated 325th in offense, 144th in defense.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2017, 03:04:35 PM »
In league play, offense has been comparable to the season stats, defense is where the slip has occurred.

i think this is pretty typical (maybe not the magnitude, but the effect) for all big 12 teams noncon v con games.  also, kstate's noncon schedule is rated 325th in offense, 144th in defense.

For sure. I think Ksu allowing 0.85 PPP & 43.1 eFG in the non con was a good showing, but no doubt we didn't face a good collection of offenses.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2017, 03:37:35 PM »
The defensive stats are weird. I don't think the defensive eFG% reflects the quality of shots we have given up. I don't think we have been bad. But 55.7% is awful, on the other hand the rest of our defense stats are pretty good, TO%, dreb% and FTA/FGA. FTA/FGA was great before the Tech debacle.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2017, 10:22:05 PM »
I'm thinking teams probs aren't gonna keep hitting 40%+ from 3 against us, and we'll start hitting at a marginally higher % and some crap will straighten out.

We can't rough ridin' throw away possessions on offense and gift them on defense (oboards) like we did against Baylor, or we won't beat anyone.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2017, 10:30:44 PM »
I'm thinking teams probs aren't gonna keep hitting 40%+ from 3 against us, and we'll start hitting at a marginally higher % and some crap will straighten out.

We can't rough ridin' throw away possessions on offense and gift them on defense (oboards) like we did against Baylor, or we won't beat anyone.

We are getting beat of the bounce too much in iso and giving up quality shots. Still have to play Morris, Evans twice. It will improve, but we must improve.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2017, 10:46:27 PM »
Maurice boarded and disrupted shots when he was in yesterday. I'd like to see more of him when DJamer isnt in or isnt playing well.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2017, 10:50:06 PM »

We are getting beat of the bounce too much in iso and giving up quality shots. Still have to play Morris, Evans twice. It will improve, but we must improve.

Baylor's guards couldn't hit the % they hit yesterday in a shoot around, is what I'm saying. I'm not going to look it up, but I'd bet they've had games where they had fewer 3pa than they made yesterday.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2017, 08:02:43 AM »

Baylor's guards couldn't hit the % they hit yesterday in a shoot around, is what I'm saying. I'm not going to look it up, but I'd bet they've had games where they had fewer 3pa than they made yesterday.

our perimeter defense is embarrassingly bad, how can you not see that?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.