Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1041744 times)

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #3200 on: April 26, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: April 26, 2017, 02:36:05 PM »
Proposing to lower corporate taxes from 35% to 15%.  Just what we've all been hoping for.  Making America great again.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: April 26, 2017, 02:37:15 PM »
Those savings will no doubt trickle down to the average American worker

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: April 26, 2017, 02:37:20 PM »
Proposing to lower corporate taxes from 35% to 15%.  Just what we've all been hoping for.  Making America great again.
Sure, Why not? Absolutely nothing bad can come from this. See Kansas.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: April 26, 2017, 02:38:26 PM »
You can't help but feel for corporations and their tax burden

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: April 26, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »
Sure, Why not? Absolutely nothing bad can come from this. See Kansas.

Brownback's plan would have been a success but, libtard media!!!!  :curse:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: April 26, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
Agree with Kim here
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: April 26, 2017, 04:32:56 PM »
:frown:

Under the order, the Interior Department is expected to review up to 40 monuments, dating back to the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument in Utah, first protected by the Clinton administration. Trump has ordered a preliminary report from the agency within 45 days.

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/25/525639393/trump-to-sign-executive-order-taking-aim-at-national-monuments

It's just a review.

To remove national parks. Meh.

National monuments.  And, it's just removing or reducing a designation.  These places are already on public lands, so we wouldn't lose access if a designation was changed.  If anything, we are likely to gain access to places we were previously barred.  This is potentially a good thing.  Zinke is a good guy.

What kind of access do you think you are going to gain? Feds infringing on your rights to drive your UTV through an archaeological site?

Just an example, hunting access where it is currently prohibited.

Which of the monuments under review has unduly put restrictions on hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that the review should ascertain that.

IMO, and not that this is relevant to this particular review, but there is no reason we shouldn't be managing via hunting the backcountry of national parks like Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain, and Glacier.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: April 26, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »
:frown:

Under the order, the Interior Department is expected to review up to 40 monuments, dating back to the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument in Utah, first protected by the Clinton administration. Trump has ordered a preliminary report from the agency within 45 days.

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/25/525639393/trump-to-sign-executive-order-taking-aim-at-national-monuments

It's just a review.

To remove national parks. Meh.

National monuments.  And, it's just removing or reducing a designation.  These places are already on public lands, so we wouldn't lose access if a designation was changed.  If anything, we are likely to gain access to places we were previously barred.  This is potentially a good thing.  Zinke is a good guy.

What kind of access do you think you are going to gain? Feds infringing on your rights to drive your UTV through an archaeological site?

Just an example, hunting access where it is currently prohibited.

Which of the monuments under review has unduly put restrictions on hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that the review should ascertain that.

IMO, and not that this is relevant to this particular review, but there is no reason we shouldn't be managing via hunting the backcountry of national parks like Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain, and Glacier.

1. Good grief. Hunting is already allowed in the vast majority of national monuments, where ever feasible and/or a traditional use. Do you really not know this? Wasn't this your single voting issue?  Hell, pronghorn were reintroduced at Grand Staircase-Escalante following its designation as a National Monument and a season was opened once the population was established.

This "review" is not about hunting or any other recreational access ... at all.

2. Your opinion runs counter to the entire spirit and intent of the National Park system, so you can go ahead and shove that into one of your hand loads. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: April 26, 2017, 05:51:15 PM »
Don't care for hunting so no real skin in that game, but from what I can tell from the guys the power plants I visit, who to them hunting is life, I also got the impression that basically public lands were pretty easy to use for recreational purposes, and hunting, as long as proper licenses were obtained. I never heard of a single on really badmouth or have an issue with any government policies towards how the land was used, other than there is a ton of it (which there is) under federal control out west. Also, all those dudes are pretty hard core right winged individuals. Of course that's all anecdotal but I tend to err on the side of if you are passionate about something, and you really don't care for the government, and you don't really happen to mention having really any issue with it, I don't think an issue is there.

Also yeah, Emo, the uh, national parks are to be a place to idk, observe and protect nature, not hunt the crap out of it. I get hunters and hunting can, and often is good for conservation, but that's not to be done on park lands.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: April 26, 2017, 05:57:33 PM »
Also an addendum to my rambling anecdote, one of them was pretty stoked to hunt in KS a few years ago. But he did mention how much more of a pain it was since he had to obtain permission from the land owner's to hunt on private land, in addition to getting the hunting permits, since basically almost all land in KS, and really any state east of the rockies is private. Seems like hunters paradise from anyone out in those parts.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: April 26, 2017, 05:58:24 PM »
cfandy you should perhaps research how and why the idea of national parks came to be, and by whom.

Observers of wildlife sure as crap aren't willing to go as far to see wildlife as hunters are to participate with it.  So, there are places with an abundance of wildlife, which is property of the people, held in trust by the government, but enjoyed by no one.  That's a squandering of a great natural resource. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: April 26, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »
In response to your post rambling post, just because something has been some way for a long time doesn't mean it can't be better. 

Like, would anyone hear the tree fall in the woods if one elk tag was allowed in all of Yellowstone, but limited to the backcountry only?  No one would notice.  It'd be a non issue.  You could auction off a governors tag like that for a half million dollars, and that could fund a lot of the park's operating costs.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: April 26, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
Hunting is participating with nature?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: April 26, 2017, 06:19:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure the wildlife living without being dead are enjoying the crap out of the backcountry.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: April 26, 2017, 07:00:21 PM »
How big was my tax cut guys?  Was super busy today

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: April 26, 2017, 09:14:53 PM »

Huge. The biggest. It will be great, the best tax cuts ever coming your way.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: April 26, 2017, 10:03:41 PM »

Huge. The biggest. It will be great, the best tax cuts ever coming your way.

Well dammit, that sounds pretty great

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: April 26, 2017, 10:45:32 PM »
cfandy you should perhaps research how and why the idea of national parks came to be, and by whom.

Observers of wildlife sure as crap aren't willing to go as far to see wildlife as hunters are to participate with it.  So, there are places with an abundance of wildlife, which is property of the people, held in trust by the government, but enjoyed by no one.  That's a squandering of a great natural resource.

That is the falsest statement OAT. Sorry that enjoying nature doesn't always have to entail shooting an animal. There are literally crap tons of land out there no one lives on.

And I do know whom, why do you think we like using rough rider around here? The dude hunted, and I even say a lot of hunting does do good for conservation, but not every damn land needs to be for hunting.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: April 27, 2017, 03:13:13 AM »
King Donald Pissemoff at work.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/26/trump-agreed-not-to-terminate-nafta-treaty-at-this-time-in-phone-calls-with-mexican-canadian-leaders-white-house.html
It appears the Negotiator has convinced Canada and Mexico to renegotiate NAFTA.
This pisses off both left and right.  How dare he do anything howls the left.  How can he strike a deal with Mexicans and looney Canadians the alt right fumes.  Good going Trump.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: April 27, 2017, 07:20:27 AM »
Is Trump Lucy van Pelt, and his voters Charlie Brown? Good grief  :lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: April 27, 2017, 07:29:41 AM »

Is that the girl who continually yanks the football out of the way as he tries to kick it and CB ends up looking like an ass but then keeps trying because he believes her even though all she does is lie to him?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: April 27, 2017, 07:30:48 AM »

Is that the girl who continually yanks the football out of the way as he tries to kick it and CB ends up looking like an ass but then keeps trying because he believes her even though all she does is lie to him?

Yes, total bitch.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: April 27, 2017, 08:31:07 AM »

That is the falsest statement OAT. Sorry that enjoying nature doesn't always have to entail shooting an animal. There are literally crap tons of land out there no one lives on.

And I do know whom, why do you think we like using rough rider around here? The dude hunted, and I even say a lot of hunting does do good for conservation, but not every damn land needs to be for hunting.

There are parts of Yellowstone that are something like 30+ miles from a road.  30 miles of rough country.  Even the folks studying elk migrations don't go there.  No one goes there.  And if some crazy does go, he doesn't go in a month that ends in r.  But, hunters would.  And like I said, one elk tag would bring hundreds of thousands of dollars at auction.  Goat and sheep and moose tags x2 or x3.  As the impact of allowing a special hunt is so minuscule, it's an abuse of the resource which belongs to us all. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: April 27, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »
i love the idea that we have tiny pockets of the USA where people don't go