Author Topic: For liberal pit'rs: The Silver Linings  (Read 12559 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: For liberal pit'rs: The Silver Linings
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2016, 02:56:46 PM »
my impression of that article is that does not support your assertion that most work off the books and don't pay taxes.

that wasn't what I said.

undocumented immigrants are ineligible for SNAP, most don't file tax returns and work off the books, what are you talking about?

you're right, you didn't say that most don't pay taxes.  sorry for not reading more carefully.  you did, however; say that most work off the books.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2016, 03:17:03 PM »
NC State had granola, hot cocoa, counselors and mental support staff, granola bars and other life affirming treats available in a "conversation area".   I'm just sorry I wasn't in the area, sounds like fun.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »
my impression of that article is that does not support your assertion that most work off the books and don't pay taxes.

that wasn't what I said.

undocumented immigrants are ineligible for SNAP, most don't file tax returns and work off the books, what are you talking about?

you're right, you didn't say that most don't pay taxes.  sorry for not reading more carefully.  you did, however; say that most work off the books.

Right, and then I amended that to say that most didn't actually work for cash because of modern payroll systems, although a lot do still in some sectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2016, 08:53:53 PM »
I know the calculation would be a got'damned nightmare, but I assume the people in the lowest tax bracket aren't paying their share, and the people in the highest tax bracket are paying more than their share.  I think I saw something that the top 1% pay like 37% of the taxes? 

"In 2013, the top 1 percent of taxpayers accounted for more income taxes paid than the bottom 90 percent combined."

I would even argue that the country in summation isn't paying their share if we are running a deficit. 

Unemployment still seems to be an issue.  I understand the stance that everyone who can find work is a net positive, but not if it means that someone who is already here legally loses out on that job.  I'm also concerned about driving down wages.  It's already impossible to support a family with income from unskilled work.

I would bet most people who hire a lot of illegal immigrants are included in the 1% paying 37% of all of our taxes.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2016, 07:26:05 PM »
Not a rough ridin' chance.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2016, 07:27:56 PM »
Not a rough ridin' chance.

yeah, not likely
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2016, 10:44:16 AM »
I'm remembering this very poorly, but I seem to remember something like, as an example, a hail storm comes through and tears up a lot of roofs.  Roofing crews pop up everywhere, and if you drive around and look at them the vast majority look like hispanic/Mexican/whatever term you want me to use that isn't racist.  The workers are technically employed by the foreman, who is contracted by a larger company (the one that cashes the check from insurance or home-owner).  So it's not actually the roofing company illegally employing these people, but the foreman.  Actually I'm just now remembering that's how my buddy's dad runs his crew.  Pays them cash I believe. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2016, 11:11:09 AM »
I'm remembering this very poorly, but I seem to remember something like, as an example, a hail storm comes through and tears up a lot of roofs.  Roofing crews pop up everywhere, and if you drive around and look at them the vast majority look like hispanic/Mexican/whatever term you want me to use that isn't racist.  The workers are technically employed by the foreman, who is contracted by a larger company (the one that cashes the check from insurance or home-owner).  So it's not actually the roofing company illegally employing these people, but the foreman.  Actually I'm just now remembering that's how my buddy's dad runs his crew.  Pays them cash I believe.

Yes, home construction/repair/agriculture/domestic services are the biggest cash industries.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
That reminds me of a couple guys that I know that hire illegal German/Mexican Mennonites for ag work. They mostly pay them in gift cards.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2016, 08:13:26 AM »
Many years from now, the history books on this whole thing are going to be amazing.

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/798713690254143488

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2016, 08:43:21 AM »
Many years from now, the history books on this whole thing are going to be amazing.

Perfectly normal. (Cross post w FB thread)
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=26046.msg1643444#msg1643444

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2016, 08:46:51 AM »

st louis has such a beautiful skyline  :lol:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2017, 10:09:16 PM »
Trumps banning some imports have a silver lining.  No whinny burgers at McHoss.
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/02/17/feds-seize-horse-genitals-mongolian-travelers/