Author Topic: For liberal pit'rs: The Silver Linings  (Read 12426 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
For liberal pit'rs: The Silver Linings
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:55:40 AM »
When you get invested in politics, losing elections sucks. Liberals, after suffering through Obama's cult of personality wins in 2008 and 2012, I feel your pain - or vice versa. Herewith I'd like to suggest a few silver linings to this morning's outcome:

1. Trump's mandate is smaller than his thumbs. It is essentially this: (1) Rid Washington of corruption; (2) pursue more aggressively pro-American trade deals; (3) stricter immigration enforcement; and (4) fix Obamacare. That's about it. I'm not saying he will succeed on any of these points, but even liberals should agree with some of them.

2. The corporate candidate lost. For all the liberal moaning about Citizens United, it was Hillary that was the corporate candidate. She had the overwhelming support of the Wall Street financiers, and she outspent Trump 2-1. She still lost. Proof that money alone can't buy the presidency.

3. The Clintons are the very definition of corruption, and it is healthy for America and the rule of law that they have not returned to the WH. As I said in the other thread, this is the woman who set up a private server in her basement and later a bathroom closet to handle all manner of classified information, just to illegally dodge FOIA requests. These are the people who set up the Clinton Foundation as a SuperPAC to accept illegal pay-to-play contributions from foreign entities in exchange for State Department access. This is the woman who conspired to rig the nominating process against Bernie Sanders. This is the woman who started the Kenya narrative against Obama in 2008. This is the woman who stood on the tarmac and told the family members of Benghazi victims that it was due to a YouTube video, while privately telling her daughter it was terrorism. This is the woman who took the hatchet to Bill's numerous sexual assault victims while claiming to be a champion for women's rights.

4. Hillary's loss is a win for the rule of law, and that is important. The rule of law - that laws mean what they say and they are applied impartially - is the cornerstone of our society. In the short term, unraveling the rule of law has been helpful to liberal objectives (see, e.g., Obamacare rulings and executive actions, amnesty by executive action), but in the long term the rule of law is good for everyone.

5. Obamacare is a disaster. It needs to be fixed, but it is going to be really hard to do so. The GOP now gets to take all the blame for the hard choices that have to be made.

6. The media went full tank for Hillary, much as they did for Obama. The COLUSION between the Clinton campaign and media exposed by Wikileaks is appalling. Unlike with Hillary, the media will serve as a check against Trump, and perhaps restore some credibility in the process.

7. Donald is not going to start WWIII, and I think you know it. (Hillary wouldn't have either, btw).

8. Think about it: Donald Trump is the next president. As horrific as that may be to you, it is also going to be pretty funny.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: For liberal pit'rs: The Silver Linings
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:56:41 AM »
MODS!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 09:01:34 AM »
Was the first Silver linings thread that was started by a lib not good enough for you? Can we m make this thread about Silver Linings Playbook? I hate Bradley Cooper but love the crap out of that movie.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 09:02:05 AM »
Dang I had WW3 down as a silver lining

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 09:06:15 AM »
K-S-U, does it bother you that Trump's views on trade deals don't seem to support a free market?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »
So we're not going to talk about Silver Linings Playbook? :frown:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 09:13:26 AM »

this is the Jenny Lewis master thread

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 09:16:21 AM »
CNN just said the Muslim community's are scared,can't sleep,and don't know what to do in America.???????????????????????? I feel bad for them, well neither did we in our own country 15 years ago.All I can say is I hope you never find comfort again. As for you Hillary I hope you couldn't talk tonight cause you are packing your belongings and headed for Mexico. Hopefully you have hell coming your way and you pay for all you have lied,cheated, and got away with karma's a bitch.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 09:16:56 AM »
Think about it: Donald Trump is the next president. As horrific as that may be to you, it is also going to be pretty funny.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 09:17:45 AM »
I was pretty meh on slp

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 09:18:10 AM »
K-S-U, does it bother you that Trump's views on trade deals don't seem to support a free market?

Define free market. Free global market? I'm an America-firster. I'm fine with trade agreements and restrictions as long as they provide a net benefit to Americans. So I'm perfectly fine with Trump wanting to negotiate "better" deals. I have no confidence he will, but it's a noble objective.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 09:19:37 AM »
i have not seen slp.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 09:20:31 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »

Define free market. Free global market? I'm an America-firster. I'm fine with trade agreements and restrictions as long as they provide a net benefit to Americans. So I'm perfectly fine with Trump wanting to negotiate "better" deals. I have no confidence he will, but it's a noble objective.
Do you think his proposals would be beneficial to Americans?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 09:23:41 AM »
I honestly expected more integrity from ksuw, but him going all in on trump is pretty exciting for the bbs

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 09:24:08 AM »
I have listened to, and read, more than on interview with economists that think trumps trade policy will equate to a pretty bad recession.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 09:24:10 AM »
I'm glad he's back

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 09:28:10 AM »
Think about it: Donald Trump is the next president. As horrific as that may be to you, it is also going to be pretty funny.

:emawkid: you're the greatest

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 09:30:26 AM »

His trade proposals? I don't know. And respectfully, I don't think you or anyone else can say for sure, either.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 09:32:01 AM »
They'll spend the next 4 years arguing about how to fix obamacare.

Pubs won't touch trade as long as econ is good

Next cycle will blame illegals for anything going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 09:35:31 AM »

His trade proposals? I don't know. And respectfully, I don't think you or anyone else can say for sure, either.

I'm very confident a 45% tariff on Chinese imports would be terrible for Americans.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »
Is he still building a wall?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »
If he doesn't ban Muslims and build a wall, much of those who put him in office will be super pissed off.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »
His supporters will be much more pissed off than Obama supporters were in '12th, won't do much to change the math though, enthusiasm will need to wane.