Author Topic: Colorado State Football Stadium Construction Update  (Read 27498 times)

Offline Mike from Ft. Collins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Colorado State Football Stadium Construction Update
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2016, 01:43:35 PM »
We might as well invite these guys once the BigXII kicks Baylor out of the conference. You down, RamSack?

Absolutely.  I'm sure TCU would be okay with it too.

Here's the latest construction cam.  They started adding the second deck on the east side this week.
http://stadium.colostate.edu/constructioncam/

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2016, 04:05:01 PM »
West Stadium Center Named Top 20 Sports Destination for Weddings
And speaking of recognition, WeddingWire chose the West Stadium Center out of more than a thousand venues as of one its 20 winners of the 2016 Editors' Picks awards for the best sports themed venues for weddings.  Just another step in our quest of being a Model Intercollegiate Athletics Program and building the K-State brand!

I'll be damned. Also, suck it ramsack
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2017, 11:55:12 PM »
Video Drive-by of CSU's new stadium.  Construction will be finished this summer in time for the football season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpHnKhBHE6A&feature=youtu.be

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2017, 03:58:08 AM »
Looks pretty great! Congrats CSU

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2017, 08:01:03 AM »
it's being funded by weddings?

I thought that might raise some eyebrows.  Weddings happen year-round and is one example the advisory board used as being a source of income to help pay for the stadium.  It’s probably more likely that people will rent out a space for a wedding reception though.  And, yes, people do get married at stadiums.  Other obvious events include business meetings, holiday parties, etc.  Basically anything that hotels rent their spaces for are the same types of events CSU will be renting their stadium areas out for.
Extremely white trash

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2017, 08:05:54 AM »

I thought that might raise some eyebrows.  Weddings happen year-round and is one example the advisory board used as being a source of income to help pay for the stadium.  It’s probably more likely that people will rent out a space for a wedding reception though.  And, yes, people do get married at stadiums.  Other obvious events include business meetings, holiday parties, etc.  Basically anything that hotels rent their spaces for are the same types of events CSU will be renting their stadium areas out for.
Extremely white trash

Don't throw rocks.
https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/k-state-athletics-west-stadium-center-manhattan/785a191da1a715ee.html

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2017, 08:08:21 AM »

Extremely white trash

Don't throw rocks.
https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/k-state-athletics-west-stadium-center-manhattan/785a191da1a715ee.html
that's for fan experience only. we don't rely on funds from weddings to get by.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »

Extremely white trash

Don't throw rocks.
that's for fan experience only. we don't rely on funds from weddings to get by.

Fortunately for us, we don't have to rely on them this year either.  All boxes and premium seating are already sold out.  Weddings and other corporate events were built into the financial model (as they should be) and are just gravy (at least this year).

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2017, 03:42:04 PM »
Not sure what is more awful. The stadium or your choice in music for that video?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2017, 05:15:12 PM »
I think it looks great, except for that one section next to the press box in the upper deck. You know the one, the one that sticks back up on the outer edge of the upper deck. Just looks extremely LOL
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2017, 03:47:39 PM »
The lights that hang out past the sides of the press box kind of bug me too.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2017, 04:24:45 PM »
Mike, I'm coming up close to your area next month for a wedding.. A.) does this make me a donor? and B.) What should I do, give me some good recommendos

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2017, 10:18:39 PM »
Every other dollar dance goes toward CSU (Cazzu) Athletics.  :billdance:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2017, 10:57:07 PM »
I played high school football in csu's stadium template  :Woot:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kstofer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2017, 12:11:29 AM »
Mike, I'm coming up close to your area next month for a wedding.. A.) does this make me a donor? and B.) What should I do, give me some good recommendos
Go to Horse & Dragon and Jessup Barrel House.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »

If you give a better idea of where you'll be and your interests, I can add more detail.  Here's some idea for the Fort Collins area.

1) Go on a brewery tour.  KC has BBQ, we have beer.  Like kstofer said, Horse & Dragon is a great place (a little out of the way, but worth it).  I also like Equinox which is in Old Town Ft Collins.  New Belgium and Odell's are more national brands, but they're huge and more touristy than those mentioned above.  There's a ton of breweries here, but only a handful I'd recommend.  There are organized tours if you don't want to drive or you can Uber it. 

2) Drive by CSU's new stadium and check it out in person.  I think you'll like CSU's campus.

3) Go to a pot shop and check it out even if you don't buy anything.  It's an interesting experience.  I'd suggest the one on Mountain Ave in Old Town Ft Collins. It's probably a 5 minute walk east of Equinox Brewery above. 

4) If you're in Loveland, drive up the Big Thompson Canyon.  Hwy 34 is closed past the narrows part of the Big Thompson Canyon, but this is the stunning part of the drive.  It's really pretty.

5) If in Ft Collins and only have limited time, drive around Horsetooth Dam.  There's some decent hiking around there too including a trail up to the base of Horsetooth Rock.

6) Another drive is to go up Hwy 14.  Cameron pass is good turnaround point on this drive.  Grey Rock hiking trail is on the way (3 miles each way).  Cameron Pass is probably a 2 hour drive from Ft Collins.

7) Go skiing if you have time.  We've been getting a lot of snow in the mountains this year.  Skiing is about an hour from Denver (2 hours from Ft Collins). 

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions.

Offline kstofer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2017, 04:54:51 PM »

If you give a better idea of where you'll be and your interests, I can add more detail.  Here's some idea for the Fort Collins area.

1) Go on a brewery tour.  KC has BBQ, we have beer.  Like kstofer said, Horse & Dragon is a great place (a little out of the way, but worth it).  I also like Equinox which is in Old Town Ft Collins.  New Belgium and Odell's are more national brands, but they're huge and more touristy than those mentioned above.  There's a ton of breweries here, but only a handful I'd recommend.  There are organized tours if you don't want to drive or you can Uber it. 

2) Drive by CSU's new stadium and check it out in person.  I think you'll like CSU's campus.

3) Go to a pot shop and check it out even if you don't buy anything.  It's an interesting experience.  I'd suggest the one on Mountain Ave in Old Town Ft Collins. It's probably a 5 minute walk east of Equinox Brewery above. 

4) If you're in Loveland, drive up the Big Thompson Canyon.  Hwy 34 is closed past the narrows part of the Big Thompson Canyon, but this is the stunning part of the drive.  It's really pretty.

5) If in Ft Collins and only have limited time, drive around Horsetooth Dam.  There's some decent hiking around there too including a trail up to the base of Horsetooth Rock.

6) Another drive is to go up Hwy 14.  Cameron pass is good turnaround point on this drive.  Grey Rock hiking trail is on the way (3 miles each way).  Cameron Pass is probably a 2 hour drive from Ft Collins.

7) Go skiing if you have time.  We've been getting a lot of snow in the mountains this year.  Skiing is about an hour from Denver (2 hours from Ft Collins). 

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions.
This is a good list and much more thorough than mine.  The Poudre Canyon (up Hwy. 14 like Mike said) is great, especially if you have the time to go all the way up to Cameron Pass.  The lower half of Big Thompson (Hwy. 34) is more impressive though if you have a limited amount of time, and you're more likely to see wildlife there (bighorn sheep).

If you have little ones there is a very family-friendly hike on the west side on Loveland called Devil's Backbone, only 1 mile to a natural viewpoint.  Also, if you are in Loveland and the womenfolk are tired of beer, there is a great brewery/cidery combo called Big Beaver Brewing/Climb Hard Cider - bonus is that you can only get beer on one side and cider on the other so it's a great excuse for some healthy separation.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »
Guys, I got so high and went on a spiritual journey at a Ryan Bingham concert at the Mishawaka Amphitheater one time. Man, it was amazing.

Guess I'm just throwing it out there cause it's right on the pooder (I guess hwy. 14). So do that if you can, Y_L_A.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2017, 10:22:52 AM »
The turf is being installed now. 

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »
The turf is being installed now. 

We're happy for you and all, but I think you would have more enjoyment posting this on Phog.net and rubbing it in their face that you are in a lesser conference with a much nicer football stadium. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2017, 11:39:12 AM »
can we have your old turf?

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »
New stadium stated as reason for the return of a relic missing for over 100 years.

https://collegian.com/2017/04/old-main-bell-returned-to-csu-after-theft-100-years-ago/

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2017, 09:22:27 AM »
omg, so small time

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:42 AM »

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2017, 10:14:47 AM »

oh man i totally forgot about that, what an embarrassing moment for CSU.