« Reply #800 on: April 04, 2017, 11:59:26 AM »
I'd expect worse, given the location.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: TBT
« Reply #801 on: April 06, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
TBT trying out an interesting end of game rule change to prevent fouling. I kind of like it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19078511/zach-lowe-basketball-tournament-innovative-end-game-rule

The gist:

Elam landed on something more radical: eliminate the game clock from crunch time. Under Elam's proposal, the clock would vanish after the first stoppage under the three-minute mark in the NBA and the four-minute mark in NCAA games. Officials would establish a target score by taking the score of the leading team and adding seven points -- then restart the game without a clock. The team that reaches that target score first wins.

In simpler terms: If the Clippers lead the Jazz 99-91 when Rudy Gobert hacks DeAndre Jordan with 2:55 left, the game then becomes a race to 106 points. Utah must outscore the Clippers 15-6 to win.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 06, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »
That certainly is interesting
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 06, 2017, 11:53:10 AM »
I hate that. The clock is a component of the game, I don't like eliminating a component of the game, during the game.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:09:03 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 06, 2017, 12:01:33 PM »
I hate that. The clock is a component of the game, I don't like eliminating a component of at the game, during the game.

agreed. it's the a glorified version of "you have to when by two" in a pick up game

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 06, 2017, 12:14:54 PM »
TBT trying out an interesting end of game rule change to prevent fouling. I kind of like it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19078511/zach-lowe-basketball-tournament-innovative-end-game-rule

The gist:

Elam landed on something more radical: eliminate the game clock from crunch time. Under Elam's proposal, the clock would vanish after the first stoppage under the three-minute mark in the NBA and the four-minute mark in NCAA games. Officials would establish a target score by taking the score of the leading team and adding seven points -- then restart the game without a clock. The team that reaches that target score first wins.

In simpler terms: If the Clippers lead the Jazz 99-91 when Rudy Gobert hacks DeAndre Jordan with 2:55 left, the game then becomes a race to 106 points. Utah must outscore the Clippers 15-6 to win.

i think that is garbage.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 07, 2017, 01:05:57 PM »
It is almost certainly stupid but TBT is a great place to play with ideas like that.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 08, 2017, 12:41:02 AM »

The gist:

Dumbest idea since the 3-point shot.

With a game change that drastic, you can never compare today's game to yesteryear's.  Also, officials become too involved in the game's outcome. They're too much part of it now, through non-calls and calls.

You want to improve the game of basketball? Eliminate the three-point line and do not allow players into the NBA who do not possess a college degree.

You're welcome.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 08, 2017, 01:57:58 AM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 08, 2017, 02:06:25 AM »
How old are you Ptolemy?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: April 08, 2017, 02:08:18 AM »
A college degree? That would ruin college basketball. You really want coach Cal to have have those stud freshman for 3 to 4 years? Go watch women's ball if you want to see the same 4 to 6 teams at the top every year.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 09, 2017, 10:04:46 AM »
A college degree? That would ruin college basketball. You really want coach Cal to have have those stud freshman for 3 to 4 years? Go watch women's ball if you want to see the same 4 to 6 teams at the top every year.
Plus 4 years of Lonzo. And his dad Lavar in the media. Hard pass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 09, 2017, 11:07:13 AM »

Oh, he'll be in the media for the next 2-3 at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 09, 2017, 11:15:19 AM »

Oh, he'll be in the media for the next 2-3 at least.

#notafan

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 09, 2017, 11:24:35 AM »

The gist:

Dumbest idea since the 3-point shot.

With a game change that drastic, you can never compare today's game to yesteryear's.  Also, officials become too involved in the game's outcome. They're too much part of it now, through non-calls and calls.

You want to improve the game of basketball? Eliminate the three-point line and do not allow players into the NBA who do not possess a college degree.

You're welcome.

Legitimately wondering if this is a #LIFE copy-paste from kansasstate.scout.com or something.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 09, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »

Who doesn't love Lavar?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 09, 2017, 03:57:48 PM »
A lot of people don't love Lavar. Silly question. Most people, I'd venture to say, just don't gaf.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 09, 2017, 07:18:42 PM »

Who doesn't love Lavar?

He makes himself look ridiculous, but he knows what will get media and people's attention, so it works.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #818 on: April 09, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »
Basketball should focus on consistently enforcing the few rules they already have, and stop trying to make the game more stupid than it already is.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 17, 2017, 09:59:27 PM »

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 18, 2017, 01:27:07 PM »
eff.

https://twitter.com/thebig3/status/854123087671033856
That's not for TBT is it? I thought that was for that new league Ice Cube is starting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 18, 2017, 02:28:16 PM »
That's not for TBT is it? I thought that was for that new league Ice Cube is starting

Correct, but redneck chocolate and I aren't on good terms after last year's tbt.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 31, 2017, 11:07:50 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 31, 2017, 11:21:30 PM »
Why is that woof?

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 31, 2017, 11:47:27 PM »
  :surprised: juevol myles from the clouds to save this team!