Author Topic: Doug Gottlieb to Oklahoma St.  (Read 25806 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Gottlieb to Oklahoma St.
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »
Gross. I don't want either of those as the KSU mbb Skipper.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2017, 06:58:59 PM »
If Frank can hang around until Thornwell finds a rhythm  :crossfingers:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2017, 10:30:53 AM »
How is this gonna work, given what we were told by the Wendy's cashier during one of our stillwaterPAKs?  Are all their home games gonna be daytime games?  Is the new coach gonna have to commute from okc?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2017, 12:33:58 PM »
Mark this day down as the day a Big 12 school made it public that they don't give a crap about a revenue sport. What's crazy is that most OSU fans don't care.

If any of you unfavorably compare our athletic department to theirs and use any combination of "T. Boone Pickens" and "money" I may personally rip your fingers off of their hands.

Mizzou did a 3 year trip down this road and came out ok

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2017, 02:19:45 PM »
Mark this day down as the day a Big 12 school made it public that they don't give a crap about a revenue sport. What's crazy is that most OSU fans don't care.

If any of you unfavorably compare our athletic department to theirs and use any combination of "T. Boone Pickens" and "money" I may personally rip your fingers off of their hands.

I don't think it's the same thing at all. They hired an alum who was successful at the D2 level and they thought that would translate. OSU was just like "eff it, this dude is here, whatever."

Online kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2017, 02:24:03 PM »

I don't think it's the same thing at all. They hired an alum who was successful at the D2 level and they thought that would translate. OSU was just like "eff it, this dude is here, whatever."

Kinda like when we hired frank

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2017, 02:24:18 PM »

Kim Anderson was a slightly better hire because he had a small constituency in the alumni base, but no one really expected success they were mostly just happy to give a "good man" a shot after many other shady characters had come through and the AD was in shambles. I mean besides lol jason king thinking kim had turned the corner.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2017, 02:34:27 PM »

Lol

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2017, 02:53:55 PM »

Who was Kim's Delonte & Beasley in your mind?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2017, 03:04:23 PM »
Kim was the equivalent of K-State hiring Chipman instead of Wooly.

The only comparison from Boynton to Frank is if Brad had lined up one of the top recruiting classes in the country before he left and that obviously is not the case.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2017, 03:09:10 PM »
I had no idea the mizzou ad wasnt still a dumpster fire. Didn't they lose their ad to baylor's rape saga?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »
Why are you guys responding to kim carnes?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2017, 03:12:23 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2017, 03:17:38 PM »
Free will.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2017, 03:25:42 PM »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2017, 03:47:54 PM »
the whole staff went with Frank to So.Car. right?  Maybe Boynton was the video coordinator or something Frank's first year at So.Car. and they are doing a bit of an "O'Leary" to his resume

I'm honestly not trying to make this more than it is, but he was publically quoted as saying he understood why the whole staff was hired and he wasn't retained.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-mens-basketball/article18154892.html

He isn't listed on Frank's original staff either:

Coaches
Frank Martin - Head Coach
Brad Underwood - Associate Head Coach
Matt Figger - Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
Lamont Evans - Assistant Coach
Mark Rodger - Athletic Trainer
Andy Assaley - Director of Basketball Operations
Scott Greenawalt - Strength and Conditioning Coach

Nor is he in the staff media guide section:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/12-mbk-mg-sec-3.pdf

It just seems a little weird.

Boynton at the press conference said he was with UCS for one year with Frank. Didn't seem like it was official tho.

Offline 3gQ@T

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2017, 09:50:15 PM »
Would any member of #teambid still hire Gottlieb if the ksumbb hc position was open?? I think I would. This might be me drinking the cool-aid though.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2017, 10:07:10 PM »
They're going way out on a huggs/frank/underwood coaching tree limb.

https://twitter.com/OSUMBB/status/846538606952906752

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2017, 01:15:54 PM »
Today talking with Soren, Doug was definitely disappointed he didn't get the job, surprised as he really thought he was gonna get it, and he said he was"flabbergasted" at who they did hire.

He said from a human side, it's awesome for a 35 year old who has a family, and who is a minority, is getting a dream chance to get a HC job like this.  But he then said, Soren I really thought the job was mine.

Doug says he knows a ton of coaches throughout BB, and he doesn't know anything about Boyton.  He said when Holder told him they couldn't go with him because of the non-coaching experience, Doug just assumed that they had hired a guy who had previous HC experience.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »
Would any member of #teambid still hire Gottlieb if the ksumbb hc position was open?? I think I would. This might be me drinking the cool-aid though.

Over oscar? Absolutely. Against the field this year? Maybe. Against the field in a different (read: better) year? Probably not.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
I probably would because I know it would at least be an exciting and daring hire. However, for Doug to act "flabbergasted" that he didn't get hired as head coach at a P5 school with zero previous coaching experience is kind of asinine.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2017, 01:41:01 PM »
would love for doug to get his shot at k-state. there's no sure thing out there right now, might as well make it exciting, and imo he's bright enough to be good.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2017, 01:43:07 PM »
would love for doug to get his shot at k-state. there's no sure thing out there right now, might as well make it exciting, and imo he's bright enough to be good.
if oscar can just find the right soft landing we might have that chance

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2017, 01:52:35 PM »
I would rather go after somebody who is currently either a top recruiter for a powerhouse or somebody like Steve Forbes. I wouldn't be upset if we hired Doug, but he wouldn't be my choice.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
Do not want Doug.  Hell his own university took a pass on him to promote the assistant.  Steve Forbes would be great.