Author Topic: Deathbite "Deathbite"  (Read 6293 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Deathbite "Deathbite"
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 02:49:15 PM »
There is absolutely no reason to play him Wednesday unless he is 100%.  Let him rest for Oklahoma Saturday.

Probably give him a rest until after that, too.   :dunno:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 03:12:58 PM »
Yeah I wouldn't play him until he is 100%, whenever that happens to be. Knees are weird and not to be f'ed with.

Offline hollacat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 01:16:18 PM »
Torn Patellar tendon. Surgery went well this afternoon.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 01:21:23 PM »
thanks hollacat, plz let steffy know he/she was very worried

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 02:30:54 PM »
So much for "no structural damage"  :frown:

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2016, 03:04:29 PM »
I wish they would come out and say what it is.  Yesterday during warm ups he wasn't on crutches or in any pain.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 03:19:35 PM »
I wish they would come out and say what it is.  Yesterday during warm ups he wasn't on crutches or in any pain.

He wasn't in pain huh?

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »

He wasn't in pain huh?

Typically someone in pain isn't rebounding under the basket during warm ups, huh?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2016, 04:27:19 PM »
 :dunno:

He wasn't in pain huh?

Typically someone in pain isn't rebounding under the basket during warm ups, huh?

Well, since you apparently aren't physically active, let me explain it to you. It is possible to experience pain while doing something lightly active. You see pain isn't a static event, it can fluctuate, sometimes doctors ask you to place your pain on a scale from 1-10. This is going to sound crazy but it's also possible to either take a pill, have something rubbed on you, or get an injection of something that helps you manage pain. I can understand if you hadn't heard of these things, in the relative course of the history of the universe these things are new.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2016, 06:02:28 PM »
Jesus MIR give it a rest, we get it you like being over the top about things. Sorry 101 didn't specify "in so much enough pain to not take rebounds." Were you born an bad person or did you have to work on it?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »
Jesus MIR give it a rest, we get it you like being over the top about things. Sorry 101 didn't specify "in so much enough pain to not take rebounds." Were you born an bad person or did you have to work on it?

ksu101 was presented with the diagnosis in this thread, ignored it and started to speculate about how Stokes doesn't even look like he's in pain. Then he kept at it, he deserves to be PI'd, and if you keep defending him then you do too.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2016, 06:31:25 PM »
Pussification of gE. Bitching about quality PI.
:adios:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 07:01:49 PM »
Or perhaps people are just saying what they've always thought.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2016, 08:24:09 PM »
:dunno:

He wasn't in pain huh?

Well, since you apparently aren't physically active, let me explain it to you. It is possible to experience pain while doing something lightly active. You see pain isn't a static event, it can fluctuate, sometimes doctors ask you to place your pain on a scale from 1-10. This is going to sound crazy but it's also possible to either take a pill, have something rubbed on you, or get an injection of something that helps you manage pain. I can understand if you hadn't heard of these things, in the relative course of the history of the universe these things are new.

Any decent trainer, or student assistant trainer for that matter, would not have allowed him to be in the warm up line if it caused any "discomfort", let alone pain.  It's far more likely they want him to avoid sudden movements at this point.  I would guess that he is cleared for lite duty, so he was in warm ups.  There can often be a significant amount of time in between lite duty and cleared for competition.  Wouldn't be surprised if he played this weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was held out until march.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 08:30:26 PM »
you're prolly not going to be surprised by this, but he's already had surgery to repair his torn patellar tendon.  you may be surprised to find out that that information is contained in this very thread, about 10 posts back.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2016, 08:44:12 PM »

I work on it, I deleted a few potential posts because they weren't biting enough before I settled on that one, pretty happy with it. Thank you.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2016, 08:46:48 PM »
you're prolly not going to be surprised by this, but he's already had surgery to repair his torn patellar tendon.  you may be surprised to find out that that information is contained in this very thread, about 10 posts back.

Right. These dudes are crying at me, as if I care, when the dude hinted that Stokes wasn't hurt TWO posts after it was revealed that he had a torn patella.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2016, 08:55:03 PM »
You may be surprised to hear that has no affect on my comment, and that when you don't see something in person you can still comment on what you read.  You may also be surprised to hear I have no issue with MIR's posts, even the deleted ones.  You may also be surprised to hear that if it was actually torn and not sprained he would not be standing without aid if surgery was yet to be completed.

You shouldn't be surprised to hear that sarcasm is best reserved for knowing what the eff you're talking about.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2016, 09:03:09 PM »
Tapout noted
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:27 PM »
I tore my right patellar tendon 9 years ago and it hurt :frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2016, 09:15:03 PM »
You may be surprised to hear that has no affect on my comment, and that when you don't see something in person you can still comment on what you read.  You may also be surprised to hear I have no issue with MIR's posts, even the deleted ones.  You may also be surprised to hear that if it was actually torn and not sprained he would not be standing without aid if surgery was yet to be completed.

You shouldn't be surprised to hear that sarcasm is best reserved for knowing what the eff you're talking about.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »
Ironic inference from the fellow who wants to fight people over every perceived slight.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2016, 09:32:07 PM »

if you'd noticed the info that he'd had surgery to repair his patellar tendon, you should be surprised if you then found out he was going to play this week.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2016, 09:32:47 PM »
Ironic inference from the fellow who wants to fight people over every perceived slight.

The blatant lie you just told notwithstanding, I liked your previous post. I was paying you a compliment, I thought it was great. I don't have delicate sensibilities about message board posts.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2016, 08:17:50 AM »
I tore my right patellar tendon 9 years ago and it hurt :frown:

How long until you were able to return 100% to activities? I've read everywhere from 12 weeks to 12 months  :ohno: