Author Topic: CALIFORNIA LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16460 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CALIFORNIA LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 01:23:26 PM »
You guys seriously aren't understanding that chingon is saying that Thompson won't get a fair shot to play until he's like 22 years old and he's too good to put up with that?

Serious question since I'm too young to remember much from Snyder 1.0: has this scenario EVER happened? Like, has a KSU QB ever in history been unfairly relegated to the bench and then either transfers or goes to the NFL and proves he was a stud all along? This seems like tinfoil hat stuff to me.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 02:59:41 PM »
The current brain trust of Dimel and Miller were much more just cogs in the machine in 1.0 - on most downs the run game coord and the passing game coord both gave a play to Bill and he chose the play.  I am sure Bill was also completely in charge of the depth chart as well.

And Snyder 1.0 pretty much never gave up on a talented player for any reason - we honestly had a bit of the renegade program vibe Baylor developed minus the raping.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 03:15:31 PM »
You guys seriously aren't understanding that chingon is saying that Thompson won't get a fair shot to play until he's like 22 years old and he's too good to put up with that?

Serious question since I'm too young to remember much from Snyder 1.0: has this scenario EVER happened? Like, has a KSU QB ever in history been unfairly relegated to the bench and then either transfers or goes to the NFL and proves he was a stud all along? This seems like tinfoil hat stuff to me.

Ell was benched and then went on to win the Big 12.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 03:27:37 PM »
I'm talking about something that proves it was a bad coaching decision. I think that example tends to show the opposite.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 07:52:54 PM »
Daniel Sams went on to account for 24 touchdowns last year for a very good FCS team while we mumped around with a walkon who couldn't start at QB at his pud ass KS high school and a walk on WR behind center. Seems like a confirmed bad decision to let him get away.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 07:53:45 PM »
Bryce Brown was relegated to the bench and went to the NFL.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 07:58:32 PM »
That's like one example and he's already out of the league. SAMs also spit time at Mcneese a lot too. Couldn't win it outright and his numbers were average at best, but whatever.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CALIFORNIA LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2016, 08:01:39 PM »
That's like one example and he's already out of the league. SAMs also spit time at Mcneese a lot too. Couldn't win it outright and his numbers were average at best, but whatever.
Split time with a senior his first year and his senior year having 24 total TDs and over 900 yards rushing isn't average, at best.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:07:17 PM by scottwildcat »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2016, 08:05:33 PM »

Yes, Allan Evridge.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2016, 08:08:26 PM »
Split time with a senior and 24 total TDs and over 900 yards rushing isn't average, at best.
It's average for a dual threat QB at the fcs level. It's no rough ridin' Johnny Manziel numbers by any means.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2016, 08:12:52 PM »
His passing TD/INT ratio was 13/9  :Ugh:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2016, 08:18:32 PM »
Hubes accounted for 22 TD's last season, 2 shy of Daniel Sams breakout season. :lol:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2016, 08:59:18 PM »

Yes, Allan Evridge.

This is probably the closest example I've heard so far (I don't think Bryce Brown is a good one because he already was rejected from another team and as I understand it, he walked away from the program due to personal issues). Was Evridge under Snyder or Prince though?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2016, 09:03:16 PM »
 :billdance:Evridge was decent at Wisconsin. Played with some defensive teams. He went 7-6 his senior year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 09:15:48 PM »
Kevin Lopina was dog crap at Washington State too. He's literally never Lost anyone worthwhile 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2016, 09:18:41 PM »
I found the answer guys! Tim Flanders!

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2016, 10:04:48 PM »
I found the answer guys! Tim Flanders!

D1ish though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2016, 10:07:30 PM »
Yeah, true. D1ish all American tho.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2016, 11:35:11 PM »
The current brain trust of Dimel and Miller were much more just cogs in the machine in 1.0 - on most downs the run game coord and the passing game coord both gave a play to Bill and he chose the play.  I am sure Bill was also completely in charge of the depth chart as well.

And Snyder 1.0 pretty much never gave up on a talented player for any reason - we honestly had a bit of the renegade program vibe Baylor developed minus the raping.

This is the correct answer, dummies; not Daniel Sams, Kevin Lopina, or Bryce Brown.

The quarterback has been an unbelievable failure under Snyder 2.0 and it started by not being able to hang onto Josh Freeman. This staff gets absolutely no credit for falling dick first into CK7, they rough ridin' had him playing behind CCQ and a one armed man; Daniel Thomas had 4 passing attempts to Klein's 1 in '09. They had no clue what they had in him his first year in the program and that's kind of the point with Thompson.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:42:55 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2016, 01:17:09 AM »
Given the option, wacky would rather go 6-6 with a white QB rather than 12-0 with a black one. Sad, really

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2016, 08:16:08 AM »
Given the option, wacky would rather go 6-6 with a white QB rather than 12-0 with a black one. Sad, really
lol. You dumb eff. Look at their stats from last year. They're almost identical and Hubes got yanked a ton. Stop trying to make Sams some god like creature. Do your research.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2016, 08:19:54 AM »

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2016, 08:21:21 AM »
I really,  really liked Sams and hated it when he left,  but he's overly praised here.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2016, 08:27:24 AM »
I really,  really liked Sams and hated it when he left,  but he's overly praised here.
Yes, my same exact feelings. He was an exciting player to watch, but unfortunately on here, if you don't join his cult, you're racist. #fartnoise