Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 178406 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1500 on: December 09, 2017, 02:49:31 PM »
I used to think it was just a not paid enough situation but I don't think that's true anymore.  It appears to be a systemic cultural thing.

It's a tolerance thing, police now are heavily armored robocops who kill with impunity because Americans allow it to happen. Everyone is focused on the regular cop that killed the dude, no one has said dick crap about Sergeant Charles Langley who was the reason all of this happened with how he behaved at the scene. When the people who are supposed to be the leadership can't be composed in that moment, and suffer no consequences, what do you think will happen? Will it surprise any of you if Langley is involved in the shooting of an unarmed person again?

Well he's retired and in the Philippines now (he was mentioned in one of the articles). Also, it isn't clear from the video that there's SIX officers there and the shooter is not the guy screaming. But you are correct. People wouldn't talk to a disobedient dog the way that guy was screaming in that video. It's definitely a huge part of the problem that makes situations like this more tense than they need to be

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 13, 2017, 08:08:43 PM »
what about a combination or some of the ideas in this thread?

maybe...take guns away from regular patrol cops. they get to carry some combination of nightsticks, tasers, and those shotguns that shoot beanbags. in return for decreasing their personal safety, give them raises (40-50%). guns can only be carried by SWAT units that undergo rigorous and exhaustive training. maybe also make it automatic death penalty to kill a cop. i feel that criminals would be less likely to shoot at a cop knowing that the cop can't use lethal force in return.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 13, 2017, 09:21:25 PM »
lol @ automatic death penalty ever becoming a thing

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 21, 2017, 04:13:09 PM »
i don't even remember hearing about this one. anyway the Olathe cops don't want to release body cam footage of them storming a house and killing a 26 year old female, and now the KC Star is suing them to force them to release it

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article191105004.html

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 21, 2017, 06:33:46 PM »
how about that joco family that had their house raided because some former cop busybody sat outside a hydroponics store in the river market, researched the license plates, and reported everyone that went inside as drug dealers.  the joco swat team completely trashed their house with no evidence except they legally bought something at a hydroponics store and a "marijuana substance" was in the trash (spoiler: it was used tea leaves).  sued for damages and a jury gave them NOTHING.

so mumped up
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 21, 2017, 07:05:07 PM »
how about that joco family that had their house raided because some former cop busybody sat outside a hydroponics store in the river market, researched the license plates, and reported everyone that went inside as drug dealers.  the joco swat team completely trashed their house with no evidence except they legally bought something at a hydroponics store and a "marijuana substance" was in the trash (spoiler: it was used tea leaves).  sued for damages and a jury gave them NOTHING.

so mumped up

Someone signed a search warrant on the premise the resident had been seen at a hydro shop?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 21, 2017, 07:18:36 PM »
Authorities targeted the Hartes, both former CIA employees, after seeing Robert Harte and his two children leaving a store that sold hydroponic gardening equipment, which is sometimes used to grow marijuana. Johnson County sheriff's deputies found the brewed tea leaves in trash they collected from a curbside receptacle outside their home. An affidavit claimed field tests indicated the leaves were marijuana.

Lowkey outed them as ex cia
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 07:40:21 PM by wetwillie »
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 21, 2017, 07:38:55 PM »
should have composted.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 22, 2017, 12:09:53 PM »
I'm all for giving cops the benefit of the doubt because a lot of their decisions are life or death and have to be made at a moment's notice.

But stuff like this.  ILLEGALLY WITHHOLDING evidence that proves the guy was innocent.  And then still going on the stand and prosecuting the guy all the way to a guilty verdict.  That pisses me off more than just about anything in the world.  I don't get worked up about many things, but this is one that really really gets under my skin.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 22, 2017, 12:37:24 PM »
Why aren't those cops being charged with perjury at the least?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 22, 2017, 01:04:57 PM »
i agree with catastrophe, this crap is infuriating. and it seems systemic to police all over the country

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 22, 2017, 01:16:33 PM »
the cops and the court system work together. no one is going to find them guilty.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: December 28, 2017, 10:03:34 PM »
7 year old boy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/six-year-old-shot-dead-accident-texas-kameron-prescott-a8127551.html?amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im pretty sure they just blame the person the were trying to shoot at when something like this happens

in this case, a dead and unarmed alleged car thief takes the fall

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: December 29, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 08, 2018, 08:22:22 PM »
no one died, but i enjoyed this story

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-1616-rubbish.html-2

TLDR, portland police dig through the trash of one of their officers and find some drug crap.  mayor, da, and police chief don't know why everyone is so mad that the police can just go digging through trash without a warrant.  newspaper publishes everything in mayor, da, and police chief's trash and the mayor and police chief get super pissed, threaten to sue. da thinks it's funny
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 07, 2018, 07:50:38 AM »
Disgusting, and still not even close to the level of some of this other crap.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 15, 2018, 06:31:23 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/14/sheriff-who-pocketed-750g-from-inmate-food-fund-bought-beach-house-for-740g.html

Guy notices a check he got for cutting sheriff's grass says something about prison food funds and calls shenanigans.
Guy gets pinched for weed odor and turns out he is holding a bit. Sheriff's office suddenly has a trafficking case even though they didn't arrest him. Well, it wasn't that he had 2.3 lbs of weed (legal limit for trafficking is 2.2 lbs) but 2.3lbs of weed butter. 
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/02/man_arrested_on_six_charges_fo.html

Well he got into a diversion program for his bigly weed issues.
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/03/man_arrested_after_criticizing.html

But AL.com did some more snooping and started finding more info out about the sheriff.  Turns out this cat was using some archaic law to allow him to keep money meant for prisoner meals, to the tune of $250k over 3 years.  He bought a beach house at $740k.
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/03/etowah_sheriff_pocketed_over_7.html
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 26, 2018, 10:23:41 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 13, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
Well.  I thought I had heard it all.  I generally support the police.  But the following done by the Michigan state police is so egregious.  It appears that they also tried to sweep it under the rug.
http://ux.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2018/04/13/police-video-michigan-state-police-taser/499525002/
15 year old kid on an ATV was being chased by the police.  They pulled up beside him and Tazered him.  You can't operate when you are going spastic from a taser.  He wrecked and died.  Nothing justified this.