Author Topic: Briles > Snyder  (Read 194647 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Briles > Snyder
« Reply #1375 on: March 16, 2017, 01:34:42 PM »
MiR I think you're a bit off track with what people want.  I think many posters here have said the admin that covered these things up, including those who pushed honor code violations are part of a larger conspiracy to conceal a felony and should be criminally liable.  Yes Title IX offices should be involved for the other 90% of issues.  But when one specific body of schools citizens is directly responsible for 10%(!) of cases they should be smashed, same as if it were a frat raping the hell out of campus.  I don't recall your response to the SAE thread here, but wouldn't you support the frat being kick off campus/dissolved when they have repeated violations? 

Further I think that when a premiere face of your institution is given the death penalty that sends a clear message to johnny frat guy that if well recognized football player can't get away with it, he is probably going to get it too, and maybe worse since he doesn't have that football association for protection. 

yeah it's really weird.  he's accusing myself and others of getting lost on our point and yet i'm not sure he has one

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 16, 2017, 03:24:02 PM »
Further I think that when a premiere face of your institution is given the death penalty that sends a clear message to johnny frat guy that if well recognized football player can't get away with it, he is probably going to get it too, and maybe worse since he doesn't have that football association for protection.

So, in other words, so if someone is deemed important or well known, they deserve a harsher punishment than some average person?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 16, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
when winning at all costs becomes the priority of the university, you get rid of the incentive to win.  this isn't rocket science, good God.

I'm starting to think that some of you aren't reading anything about what's happening there or you're just too stuck on your own point to see anything else. I just posted a link that stated 17 out of the last 125 reported incidences on their campus involves football players, yet you RATM and ChiCat are still looking for solutions within athletics. WTF does "winning at all costs" have to do with the other 90% of these cases? You keep mentioning football but refuse to acknowledge all those football decision makers are long gone. What about the other 90%, guys?

I don't think the problem can be solved completely within athletics.  The problem is definitely university wide as seen with K-State mishandling the problems at the frat houses.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 16, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »
MiR I think you're a bit off track with what people want.  I think many posters here have said the admin that covered these things up, including those who pushed honor code violations are part of a larger conspiracy to conceal a felony and should be criminally liable.  Yes Title IX offices should be involved for the other 90% of issues.  But when one specific body of schools citizens is directly responsible for 10%(!) of cases they should be smashed, same as if it were a frat raping the hell out of campus.  I don't recall your response to the SAE thread here, but wouldn't you support the frat being kick off campus/dissolved when they have repeated violations? 

I'm fine with your first paragraph, I completely disagree with the second one. Are you saying a football program being punished will prevent some dude from sexually assaulting some poor girl? I don't think measuring of choices and consequences generally come into the thought process of a rapist.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 16, 2017, 05:08:38 PM »
when winning at all costs becomes the priority of the university, you get rid of the incentive to win.  this isn't rocket science, good God.

I'm starting to think that some of you aren't reading anything about what's happening there or you're just too stuck on your own point to see anything else. I just posted a link that stated 17 out of the last 125 reported incidences on their campus involves football players, yet you RATM and ChiCat are still looking for solutions within athletics. WTF does "winning at all costs" have to do with the other 90% of these cases? You keep mentioning football but refuse to acknowledge all those football decision makers are long gone. What about the other 90%, guys?

I don't think the problem can be solved completely within athletics.  The problem is definitely university wide as seen with K-State mishandling the problems at the frat houses.

My sincerest apology

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: March 17, 2017, 12:06:22 AM »
So, in other words, so if someone is deemed important or well known, they deserve a harsher punishment than some average person?
Yes that is exactly what I posted.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 17, 2017, 12:16:59 AM »

I'm fine with your first paragraph, I completely disagree with the second one. Are you saying a football program being punished will prevent some dude from sexually assaulting some poor girl? I don't think measuring of choices and consequences generally come into the thought process of a rapist.

I'm not saying it's quite that linear.  I'm sure johnny frat guy isn't dropping roofies in drinks and then slapping them out of a girls hand when he remembers that a football player got kicked out of school and run by the local PD.  It's about creating a culture of no tolerance.  That actions have consequences (which they obviously didn't for a long time at BU) and that women will be respected, listened to, and crimes against them prosecuted where necessary.  This won't solve every issue, but the people who prey on women will get the message that their predilections will not be tolerated.  I really think that harsh punishments will help to deter the next Brock Turner eff face from going to *your* school if your school takes sexual assault seriously. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 17, 2017, 09:38:38 AM »
Of course sexual assault should be taken seriously.  But, to MIR's point, I don't think many sexual predators are considering punishments or even the campus culture.  It's a bit of a stretch to assume that predators would choose a particular school because they view the campus culture as more conducive to preying on women.

This is only one study, but I'm guessing one would find similar results elsewhere.

The findings suggest that 76% of active criminals and 89% of the most violent criminals either perceive no risk of apprehension or are incognizant of the likely punishments for their crimes.

http://www.businessinsider.com/do-criminals-think-about-getting-caught-before-committing-a-crime-2011-9

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 17, 2017, 12:59:15 PM »
We are talking about a culture that perceives winning as more important than anything else...that is dangerous. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 17, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »
Of course sexual assault should be taken seriously.  But, to MIR's point, I don't think many sexual predators are considering punishments or even the campus culture.  It's a bit of a stretch to assume that predators would choose a particular school because they view the campus culture as more conducive to preying on women.

This is only one study, but I'm guessing one would find similar results elsewhere.

The findings suggest that 76% of active criminals and 89% of the most violent criminals either perceive no risk of apprehension or are incognizant of the likely punishments for their crimes.

http://www.businessinsider.com/do-criminals-think-about-getting-caught-before-committing-a-crime-2011-9

Using stats about "criminals" in a specific type of crime thread is pretty useless. 

Even stuff like this that broadly speaks about sexual violence isn't great. 
http://studenthealth.emory.edu/hp/respect_program/understanding_the_perpetrator.html
Men are more likely to commit sexual violence in communities where sexual violence goes unpunished. (National Sexual Violence Resource Center, 2004)
And that study is talking about a broad generalization about sexual violence/rape/honor codes/punishments across the world, not johnny frat boy.

But it's not hard to find some trends in how assaults occur, even if we don't get a great profile about the individual rapist.  Society tolerating it and not valuing a woman's complaints is key to allowing the culture to flourish.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 17, 2017, 03:17:53 PM »
How could a Christian based university let this happ............. wait never mind.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 17, 2017, 03:18:20 PM »
So when is something actually going to happen to Baylor University for all this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 17, 2017, 03:20:07 PM »
NCAA wise never, unless it is self imposed. Monetarily they are going to pay through the nose from civil judgments.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 17, 2017, 03:39:56 PM »
People really don't give a crap. I saw Ken Starr on the news the other day being interviewed about Trump and Comey. It was either Vice or ABC News. I wondered if they had any clue as to what he's been up to these days.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 17, 2017, 08:14:08 PM »
god damn

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 17, 2017, 08:26:51 PM »
People really don't give a crap. I saw Ken Starr on the news the other day being interviewed about Trump and Comey. It was either Vice or ABC News. I wondered if they had any clue as to what he's been up to these days.
We give a holla to our sister Baylor bears
gE cares if don't nobody else care

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 17, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »
So when is something actually going to happen to Baylor University for all this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never

The Big Train

« Reply #1394 on: May 17, 2017, 08:47:25 PM »
Burn it down.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/baylor-hit-with-th-title-ix-lawsuit-plaintiff-alleges-gang/article_1b391c59-1722-5532-9c3b-058b07850249.html

I remember hearing rumors about this last summer when everything was coming out. Heard at the time there might be video of it. Burn that school to the ground with all the people that let this happen.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 03, 2017, 02:26:29 PM »
holy crap

http://deadspin.com/report-then-baylor-regent-calls-female-students-perve-1796577774

Neal "Buddy" Jones seems like he sucks.

If only those Perverted Little Tarts hadn't been drinking they wouldn't have been raped!   :flush:

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 03, 2017, 06:50:58 PM »
A true shitass.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 03, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »
holy crap

http://deadspin.com/report-then-baylor-regent-calls-female-students-perve-1796577774

Neal "Buddy" Jones seems like he sucks.

If only those Perverted Little Tarts hadn't been drinking they wouldn't have been raped!   :flush:

BSOP.  (Baylor Standard Operating Procedure)

Once again reminds me why I should hate Ann Richards, if for no other reason.  She used her leverage as governor to put BU in the conference when it formed, and kept TCU out.  No matter what issues I have with TCU, they have yet to show they can even approach to stoop to every day BSOP levels.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 03, 2017, 09:02:35 PM »
If we absolutely had to take a private Texas school, I'd have preferred Rice.