Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 433855 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #3275 on: June 26, 2017, 04:26:54 PM »
Weird, the warmest alarmist also basically admitted that the pause in increasing temps (I won't get into their persistent data manipulation that cools the past to make the today look warmer) that went on for twenty years (while they were saying it was getting warmer) was in fact real.

#settledscience

So... You're not going to address the study or the science? Got it.

#daxipad

Phogistan Sock?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: June 26, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »
I have no doubt that they're finding that the oceans are warming.   We just in the last few years got access to a buoy system that's providing data that's never been obtainable before in history.  We're comparing unprecedented levels of data against data that was either collected in extremely primitive manner relative to today's technology and/or data that didn't exist at all. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: June 26, 2017, 04:45:06 PM »
https://www.nyteknik.se/fordon/stora-utslapp-fran-elbilarnas-batterier-6851761

Translated:  Every Tesla and Nissan Leaf battery produced under current  production methods equals 7 or 8 years of emissions from a typical modern internal combustion engine. 

Battery powered cars:  Leading to a worse tomorrow?

#moregovernmentsubsidies!

It said,  "2.7 years for a battery of the same size as the Nissan Leaf and 8.2 years for a battery of the Tesla-size." Not 7-8 years. I would be interested to know how much the drilling, transport, processing, and delivery of gas/oil accounts for when comparing natural gas vehicles.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: June 26, 2017, 04:50:44 PM »

Translated:  Every Tesla and Nissan Leaf battery produced under current  production methods equals 7 or 8 years of emissions from a typical modern internal combustion engine. 

It said,  "2.7 years for a battery of the same size as the Nissan Leaf and 8.2 years for a battery of the Tesla-size." Not 7-8 years. I would be interested to know how much the drilling, transport, processing, and delivery of gas/oil accounts for when comparing natural gas vehicles.

The road to the green utopia is paved with fossil fuels friend.   

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: June 26, 2017, 06:19:26 PM »
Weird, the warmest alarmist also basically admitted that the pause in increasing temps (I won't get into their persistent data manipulation that cools the past to make the today look warmer) that went on for twenty years (while they were saying it was getting warmer) was in fact real.

#settledscience

#daxipad

I didn't notice any science in that article.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: June 26, 2017, 07:10:31 PM »

#settledscience

#daxipad

I didn't notice any science in that article.

It's almost as if you are blind to what is right in front of you, deniers.

"There’s just no reasoning with Perry’s kind of denial. After watching spats like this for more than a decade now, I’ve come to the realization that there is no graph, no chart, no international consensus statement, no engraved stone tablet lowered from heaven that could convince someone who — by choice — refuses to believe a fact. It doesn’t matter to them how confident the scientific community is. And we’ve reached the point where debating denial is a waste of time."

https://grist.org/article/the-fact-is-facts-dont-matter-to-climate-deniers/amp/
untuck manhattan

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: June 26, 2017, 07:11:38 PM »

The road to the green utopia is paved with fossil fuels friend.
These are words that, while true, mean nothing.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: June 26, 2017, 07:12:55 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and blame all of this rain on global warming.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #3283 on: June 26, 2017, 07:14:14 PM »
You are fighting for a dogma that the primary body of propaganda has defined and redefined at least 3 times in the last 15 years.  Now included in the definition (quietly) is reference to natural causes. 

All roads do not lead back to AGW, no matter how many times alarmists try to make that so, and totally meltdown at the slightest hint of disagreement.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: June 26, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »
Is temperature measured in Joules now?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3285 on: June 26, 2017, 08:44:55 PM »
Is temperature measured in Joules now?

Did you noticed thay they added up the alleged increase in "temps" for each ocean to get "global" increase?
 :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: June 27, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »
Just a little dumpster diving to remind CAMspittleSOCK that energy poverty is very real.   

Sad that such a denialist continues to post on this board.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/energy-poverty-low-income-households/486197/

In other news, highly taxpayer/user subsidized "green" energy is being sold by California to neighboring states for either next to nothing or even free on the days that Solar and Wind are producing too much energy, because the infrastructure is not in place to properly regulate too much energy production when the sun shines and the wind blows, and then the need to dial back traditional energy is there . . . only to have to dial it back up again when the wind doesn't blow and it's cloudy.  Too much is just as bad, as not enough (which can happen often with wind and solar as well.   Both issues only reinforce that the road to green utopia is paved with fossil fuels).

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: June 27, 2017, 09:23:01 AM »
Just a little dumpster diving to remind CAMspittleSOCK that energy poverty is very real.   

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/energy-poverty-low-income-households/486197/

In other news, highly taxpayer/user subsidized "green" energy is being sold by California to neighboring states for either next to nothing or even free on the days that Solar and Wind are producing too much energy, because the infrastructure is not in place to properly regulate too much energy production when the sun shines and the wind blows, and then the need to dial back traditional energy is there . . . only to have to dial it back up again when the wind doesn't blow and it's cloudy.  Too much is just as bad, as not enough (which can happen often with wind and solar as well.   Both issues only reinforce that the road to green utopia is paved with fossil fuels).

Why u mad tho?

Everything you just posted is better than the alternative of burn baby burn, and you are absolutely right that the road to a sustainable and renewable future is paved with finite fossil fuels, no one is saying to full stop all fossil fuels entirely world wide tomorrow, but it is going to take regulations and a concerted international coalition to get us closer and faster to where we need to be.

:Pound on:
untuck manhattan

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: June 27, 2017, 09:30:15 AM »

Why u mad tho?

Everything you just posted is better than the alternative of burn baby burn, and you are absolutely right that the road to a sustainable and renewable future is paved with finite fossil fuels, no one is saying to full stop all fossil fuels entirely world wide tomorrow, but it is going to take regulations and a concerted international coalition to get us closer and faster to where we need to be.

I don't know if I should continue responding to the resident energy poverty denialist.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: June 27, 2017, 09:34:41 AM »

Why u mad tho?

I don't know if I should continue responding to the resident energy poverty denialist.
:ROFL:
untuck manhattan

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: June 27, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
eff the poor, right CAM?

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: June 27, 2017, 09:41:03 AM »
eff the poor, right CAM?

No, no... That's the gop's stance remember? Who do you think is going to suffer the most under global warming and rising seas? The rich?
untuck manhattan

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: June 27, 2017, 09:44:24 AM »
eff the poor, right CAM?

No, no... That's the gop's stance remember? Who do you think is going to suffer the most under global warming and rising seas? The rich?

Two thoughts.  It's good to know that you support the vicious cycle of perpetual poverty in order to support your agenda.   I think if we were to pull back the demographics of "the rich" we'd find the ranks filled with hardcore libs.    You know, extolling "saving the world" while buying private islands, setting up "get away" jet service plans etc. etc.   

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: July 06, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »
Pruitt = Corporate Stooge

From the "liberal media rag" the Chicago Sun-Times
"In his five months on the job, Pruitt has tried to block, delay or entirely uproot more than 30 environmental regulations. He is shredding the Clean Power Plan, designed to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas. He wants to revoke plans to reduce pollution in waterways. He has ended a ban on a pesticide the EPA had found was dangerous to children. He has delayed a rule to stop chemical plant explosions and spills. He has become Donald Trump’s point man in undermining America’s compliance with the Paris climate change accord and wants to gum up the works by starting a debate on whether human-caused climate change is real."

http://chicago.suntimes.com/opinion/scott-pruitts-short-tenure-as-epa-chief-already-a-scandal/

A real poster boy for the party that started the National Park Service and EPA.
SAD!

:bang:
untuck manhattan

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3294 on: July 06, 2017, 01:32:29 PM »
He has a lot more work to do, imho. All of that stuff was complete bullshit, unsupported by science, and nothing but an effort to ruin certain industries.

Hopefully he's successful in returning the epa to its core mission of protecting the environment. There's nothing more disgusting than an administrative body being used as a political tool to harass legitimate business.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: July 06, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »
Article is such a waste, lib hack writing.   :buh-bye:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: July 06, 2017, 07:41:11 PM »
We're decades and trillions away from renewables even coming remotely close to meeting energy demands.

The Big Train

« Reply #3297 on: July 06, 2017, 07:51:46 PM »
So why even try!  Burn baby burn!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: July 07, 2017, 05:47:07 AM »
So why even try!  Burn baby burn!

Who said anything about not trying?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: July 07, 2017, 06:03:45 AM »
Classic example of an unsettled science.

2011:  Climate change will drive more windy conditions (so lets blow up the coal plant and replace with wind farms)

2017:  Climate change is driving less windy conditions (wish we hadn't blown up that power plant).

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/07/05/south-australia-where-did-the-wind-power-go/