Author Topic: NHL open thread (lets go ahead & throw international hockey in here too)  (Read 113873 times)

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2013 open thread
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »
I watch a lot of hockey and study a lot of film and the Avs are just hard to watch. Bad passing, bad shooting. I hate them.

Offline SliceOfLime

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 03:34:23 PM »
I watch a lot of hockey and study a lot of film and the Avs are just fun to watch. Good passing, good shooting. I love them.
I edited your post so it's better.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »
I'm about to edit your face  :curse:

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 03:54:15 PM »
Who is everyone's least favorite team? Probs the Avalanche for me because they play boring hockey.

Detroit, San Jose and LA, in that order.  Wings fans are obnoxious pricks but with that many Cups they at least have a reason to be obnoxious pricks, San Jose fans are obnoxious pricks despite not having any meaningful trophies to back it up and Kings fans don't know crap about hockey and didn't exist before April of 2012.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 05:25:13 PM »
Who is everyone's least favorite team? Probs the Avalanche for me because they play boring hockey.

Detroit, San Jose and LA, in that order.  Wings fans are obnoxious pricks but with that many Cups they at least have a reason to be obnoxious pricks, San Jose fans are obnoxious pricks despite not having any meaningful trophies to back it up and Kings fans don't know crap about hockey and didn't exist before April of 2012.
Yeah, but Avalanche fans are the worst.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:01 PM »
Does anyone know if the strike resulted in any major rule changes?

No rule changes

are the jets any good?  i have a sizable amount of jets clothing, so i hope they are good.

:curse: eff WINNIPEG IN THEIR FAT PRAIRIE CANUCK FACES I HOPE ALL OF THEIR FANS GET EYE AIDS :curse:

My favorite team is the Red Wings.  The Avs are evil because of Claude Lemieux.  Do not root for the Avs.

The only hockey I watch anymore is the Winter Classic, which is sad.  I wish ESPN/Fox/NBC would get back on board.

lol, Avs/Wings rivalry.  This kat hasn't watched hockey in 15 years.  NBC and NBC Sports Net's hockey broadcasts are far better than what ESPN and FOX ever did.  I do miss ESPN's NHL2Night.  NBC's show has good hosts but the setup and production are  :zzz:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2013, 08:52:39 PM »
wow, what's with all the jets hate mir?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
NBC and NBC Sports Net's hockey broadcasts are far better than what ESPN and FOX ever did.  I do miss ESPN's NHL2Night.  NBC's show has good hosts but the setup and production are  :zzz:

You cannot deny that watching hockey would be much more enjoyable with Gary Thorne calling games like he used to on ESPN

Offline SliceOfLime

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »

Yeah, but Avalanche fans are the worst.

Avs set the record for most consecutive sell outs. Quit being so butthurt.

My favorite team is the Red Wings.  The Avs are evil because of Claude Lemieux.  Do not root for the Avs.

Remember when Patrick Roy kicked Osgood's ass?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2013, 01:56:04 AM »

Their fans are the biggestasshole trolls ever.  They are jilted lover losers.  They've spent years pining and whining over the Coyotes.  They literally ruin every twitter convo, comment section, message board and chat room that is in anyway involved with the Coyotes. You would have thought they would have stopped when Atlanta relocated to Winnipeg in the summer of '11, but they just got worse.  They were completely impervious to their own hypocrisy because in their eyes Phoenix and Atlanta didn't deserve hockey teams, despite being two of the largest cities in North America, because of their geographic locations.  Winnipeg deserved a team because they're Canadian.  When you point out that they lost their team because attendance and revenues dragged and they refused to build a new arena they then lie and attemt to revise history.  I hope they miss the playoffs on the last day of the season at home, like 15 years in a row.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2013, 01:59:01 AM »
NBC and NBC Sports Net's hockey broadcasts are far better than what ESPN and FOX ever did.  I do miss ESPN's NHL2Night.  NBC's show has good hosts but the setup and production are  :zzz:

You cannot deny that watching hockey would be much more enjoyable with Gary Thorne calling games like he used to on ESPN

Loved him back in the day, but I've spent a very painful decade listen to him spew bullshit on Orioles broadcasts and now I hate him.  Darren Pang was my favorite of the Thorne, Clement, Pang team anyway.

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
NHL 2013 open thread
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2013, 04:04:50 AM »
Oh man. Love me some Darren Pang. Dude just oozes hockey and played the most mental position of them all. Provides great insights and has the enthusiasm of a little kid opening presents on Christmas Day. Love catching his broadcasts, regardless of who's playing.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 05:36:50 AM »

Their fans are the biggestasshole trolls ever.  They are jilted lover losers.  They've spent years pining and whining over the Coyotes.  They literally ruin every twitter convo, comment section, message board and chat room that is in anyway involved with the Coyotes. You would have thought they would have stopped when Atlanta relocated to Winnipeg in the summer of '11, but they just got worse.  They were completely impervious to their own hypocrisy because in their eyes Phoenix and Atlanta didn't deserve hockey teams, despite being two of the largest cities in North America, because of their geographic locations.  Winnipeg deserved a team because they're Canadian.  When you point out that they lost their team because attendance and revenues dragged and they refused to build a new arena they then lie and attemt to revise history.  I hope they miss the playoffs on the last day of the season at home, like 15 years in a row.

oh.  well my mom's bf isn't like that.   :dunno:

if you are in mhk and you see a fat kid in a jets hoodie, please don't hit him (me).
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 01:58:15 PM »

seven, add dumb hick racists to the list

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/winnipeg-media-scrutiny-evander-kane-reaches-levels-absurdity-152845758--nhl.html

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2013, 12:15:12 AM »
NHL camps open Sunday, with first games on Saturday. Maybe the other major league sports could learn something from this schedule, even though it's dictated by the prolonged labor dispute. Other sports'  preseasons are too long, especially MLB (which is my fav pro sport).

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2013, 01:37:15 AM »
:lol:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2013, 01:20:05 PM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2013, 01:26:27 PM »
Stamkos is the best player in the universe

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2013, 05:11:54 PM »

He is by far my favorite player who doesn't play for my team

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2013, 05:59:24 PM »
MiR, how did you become a Coyotes fan?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »
LETS GO STARS!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2013, 10:29:51 AM »
My Minnesota Wild are gonna surprise some people this year.  LOOK OUT
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2013, 11:14:01 AM »

He is by far my favorite player who doesn't play for my team
:thumbs:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »

Hard to be a surprise team when you sign the 2 biggest FA's available in the offseason. If it wasn't for the lockout Minnesota would be getting a ton of talk from the media.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2013, 11:48:29 AM »

Hard to be a surprise team when you sign the 2 biggest FA's available in the offseason. If it wasn't for the lockout Minnesota would be getting a ton of talk from the media.
When you say "media" you mean like NHL network and local news, right?