Author Topic: General NFL thread: 2019 Tom Brady's Legacy  (Read 114377 times)

The Big Train

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Is this really accurate? Wow
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They did use pics of cheetahs

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is where I'm glad the NFL and Cowboys/Chiefs are way down the list for how much I invest as a fan. I wanted both to win yesterday, but I had fun with it while tweeting a ridiculous amount of gifs. I probably couldn't do that with Cat FB/BB. Maybe with the Royals a little bit because of the long season, but not in the playoffs. My investment in those 3 teams is simply much greater and today I really don't care that much that both lost.

Of course part of my disinterest in the NFL and those teams comes from the last 20 or so years. Neither has really competed for a Super Bowl. The Cowboys have won 3 wildcard games and the Chiefs one, neither has made an AFC/NFC title game. Each has had sporadic seasons of success, winning divisions and scraping into the playoffs as wildcards, but even in their best seasons (this year for both really), they aren't a threat and are gone after one game when earning a bye. I suppose if either really competed for a Super Bowl appearance my interest as a fan would increase, but they are both pretty futile as NFL franchises since the mid 90s.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
This is where I'm glad the NFL and Cowboys/Chiefs are way down the list for how much I invest as a fan. I wanted both to win yesterday, but I had fun with it while tweeting a ridiculous amount of gifs. I probably couldn't do that with Cat FB/BB. Maybe with the Royals a little bit because of the long season, but not in the playoffs. My investment in those 3 teams is simply much greater and today I really don't care that much that both lost.

Of course part of my disinterest in the NFL and those teams comes from the last 20 or so years. Neither has really competed for a Super Bowl. The Cowboys have won 3 wildcard games and the Chiefs one, neither has made an AFC/NFC title game. Each has had sporadic seasons of success, winning divisions and scraping into the playoffs as wildcards, but even in their best seasons (this year for both really), they aren't a threat and are gone after one game when earning a bye. I suppose if either really competed for a Super Bowl appearance my interest as a fan would increase, but they are both pretty futile as NFL franchises since the mid 90s.

The 3rd & 20 pass with :03 left is going to sting for a very long time. Who knows what would have happened in OT, but that was a top 5 KITN play for me as a sports fan. Off the top of my head only Sirr Parker and the Romo botched hold are worse.

Just an awful couple of weeks as a 'Cats/'Boys fan. The Walk Chalk, Tech ending, and 3rd & 20 combination has me considering dropping sports altogether and taking up woodworking or something.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, the play were the Packers center tackled Irving way before Rodgers got the throw off was pretty rough. I have no idea why the LB didn't sprint to the edge to contain Rodgers though, he had way too much time (again). The right DE comes inside the tackle, the LB had to have contain from the start, but he pauses on the way. Just dumb.

I also have no idea why Zeke didn't get the ball more. I don't know why we spiked it on the last drive. The dumb substitution penalties in the first quarter. There was just so much dumb on the part of the Cowboys in that game.

And Rodgers was ridiculous.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I think that for me, I just watch way too much college football on Saturdays to invest much time watching the NFL on Sundays. I will watch a few Chiefs games over the course of the season, and I tune in for the playoffs. I'm just not invested enough to care that much when they lose, though.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, the play were the Packers center tackled Irving way before Rodgers got the throw off was pretty rough. I have no idea why the LB didn't sprint to the edge to contain Rodgers though, he had way too much time (again). The right DE comes inside the tackle, the LB had to have contain from the start, but he pauses on the way. Just dumb.

I also have no idea why Zeke didn't get the ball more. I don't know why we spiked it on the last drive. The dumb substitution penalties in the first quarter. There was just so much dumb on the part of the Cowboys in that game.

And Rodgers was ridiculous.

I had no idea Zeke even finished with 22 carries, it sure felt like less. 

The spike was inexcusable.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
I have never seen the Butler substitution penalty before. 15 yards seems very excessive.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wow, I didn't realize it was 22 carries either.

I saw the stat for the Steelers that said any team in the playoffs that had a back get 30 carries has never lost.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Vindication!    :flush:  :bang:

Also, great job NFL for deciding a bullshit procedural penalty should be assessed the same amount of penalty yards as a facemask or a horsecollar tackle or a helmet to helmet collision.

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
Vindication!    :flush:  :bang:

Also, great job NFL for deciding a bullshit procedural penalty should be assessed the same amount of penalty yards as a facemask or a horsecollar tackle or a helmet to helmet collision.

Just fortunate there was no disqualification!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tom and that flea flicker.....he is so rough ridin' good.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 Matt Ryan gets sacked. Then a 10 yard holding penalty. Of course Refs don't see the facemask by NE.

That's where the demise started. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So that has to be considered the worst collapse in NFL history right?

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So that has to be considered the worst collapse in NFL history right?

Bills trailed 35-3 in a playoff game to Houston in 2nd half and came back and won 38-35, but it wasn't the Super Bowl. This is an epic collapse/choke job

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Julio makes ridiculous catch. 4:40 left in game, 1st and 10 at 22 yd line. Your RBs are ave 6 yards per carry. Run the ball or make quick safe passes, that have very small chance at sack or TO.  If you don't get a 1st down, you kick a Extra point length FG try to go up 11 pts.  With NE likely taking 2 TOs, there would be 3:35-3:40 left.  Tom has 1 TO left and down 2 scores.  Have it Mr Brady.

First the Sea OC makes stupidest call in SB history 2 years ago.  Now Atl just pulls out the Choke job playbook and says here greatest QB of all time, we are going to help you out by being dumb idiots.

Man, I hate the Pats. Hate.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trying to think through SB winners of last 20 years who drafted and developed QB's.  Obviously Pats, Manning-Giants, Manning-Colts, Steelers-Rothlisberger, Seahawks-Wilson, Ravens-Flacco, Dallas-Aikman, Packers-Rogers.

I don't know guys, that's kind of solid trendline for the value of draft and develop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
aikman was way more than 20 years ago grandpa

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Julio makes ridiculous catch. 4:40 left in game, 1st and 10 at 22 yd line. Your RBs are ave 6 yards per carry. Run the ball or make quick safe passes, that have very small chance at sack or TO.  If you don't get a 1st down, you kick a Extra point length FG try to go up 11 pts.  With NE likely taking 2 TOs, there would be 3:35-3:40 left.  Tom has 1 TO left and down 2 scores.  Have it Mr Brady.

First the Sea OC makes stupidest call in SB history 2 years ago.  Now Atl just pulls out the Choke job playbook and says here greatest QB of all time, we are going to help you out by being dumb idiots.

Man, I hate the Pats. Hate.

You're the king of hindsight

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
aikman was way more than 20 years ago grandpa

He last won a Super Bowl 20 years ago.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trying to think through SB winners of last 20 years who drafted and developed QB's.  Obviously Pats, Manning-Giants, Manning-Colts, Steelers-Rothlisberger, Seahawks-Wilson, Ravens-Flacco, Dallas-Aikman, Packers-Rogers.

I don't know guys, that's kind of solid trendline for the value of draft and develop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget Elway.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Raiders to Las Vegas vote should happen today.