Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 317234 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #2800 on: February 02, 2017, 02:23:48 PM »
My doctors name is Priti. I chose her based on this.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 02, 2017, 08:46:28 PM »

i could really care less who my doctor is

i mean if i was super sick maybe

You could care less or you couldn't care less? 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 15, 2017, 05:59:49 PM »
Aetna CEO: Obamacare in "death spiral"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/health/humana-plans-to-pull-out-of-obamacares-insurance-exchanges.html

Well there you have it. I don't think anyone can seriously argue at this point that Obamacare is a colossal failure. The GOP needs to get their crap together and make some hard choices pronto. Will they?  :dunno:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: February 15, 2017, 10:12:19 PM »
I don't think anyone can seriously argue at this point that Obamacare is a colossal failure.

I agree. It's clear that insurance companies have colluded to make this law suffer all for their own fleecing of the American public.  Sad that people are too stupid to realize how the Republicans have sold us out.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 15, 2017, 10:24:45 PM »
I don't think anyone can seriously argue at this point that Obamacare is a colossal failure.

I agree. It's clear that insurance companies have colluded to make this law suffer all for their own fleecing of the American public.  Sad that people are too stupid to realize how the Republicans have sold us out.

Cant tell if this is serious or a joke. You realize that Obama "colluded" with the insurance companies to help get Obamacare passed in the first place? The insurers were banking on more younger, healthier people signing up or, if not, being bailed out with tax dollars. So I guess you can blame those younger, healthier people for not signing up in sufficient numbers, or the GOP for refusing to continue bailing them out? Regardless, it was a crap law reaching a predictably crap end.

But hey, now liberals can play politics by making the GOP own the cleanup effort!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: February 15, 2017, 10:32:48 PM »
It was working pretty well with obama as president. I'm not really shocked that it's starting to fail under a republican president. Sad really.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 15, 2017, 10:39:19 PM »

Cant tell if this is serious or a joke. You realize that Obama "colluded" with the insurance companies to help get Obamacare passed in the first place? The insurers were banking on more younger, healthier people signing up or, if not, being bailed out with tax dollars. So I guess you can blame those younger, healthier people for not signing up in sufficient numbers, or the GOP for refusing to continue bailing them out? Regardless, it was a crap law reaching a predictably crap end.

But hey, now liberals can play politics by making the GOP own the cleanup effort!

I think you should look into why the ACA is having trouble.  Yes they needed more people to sign up.  But ultimately allowing insurance companies to run risk pools and them pushing the worst cases to certain ACA plans and making them tank, and then throwing a hissy fit over the 80% premium rule has killed things faster then the politics on the Hill.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Obamacare"
« Reply #2807 on: February 16, 2017, 03:14:43 PM »
It was working pretty well with obama as president.

Interesting if true.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2808 on: February 16, 2017, 06:30:36 PM »
It was working pretty well with obama as president. I'm not really shocked that it's starting to fail under a republican president. Sad really.

:lol:

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 17, 2017, 12:51:25 AM »

:lol: OMG!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 17, 2017, 07:59:01 AM »
Still waiting on that repeal and replace. Been waiting on a repub plan for 7 years tbh

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: February 17, 2017, 08:20:53 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/16/ryan-gop-introduce-obamacare-repeal-replace-bill-after-break/97994214/

After 8 years they are just weeks away from revealing the answer.

ANTICIPATION BUILDING!!!!!

:excited:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: February 17, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/16/ryan-gop-introduce-obamacare-repeal-replace-bill-after-break/97994214/

After 8 years they are just weeks away from revealing the answer.

ANTICIPATION BUILDING!!!!!

:excited:

:Woot: I am VERY confident the GOP is not going to totally eff this up.  :crossfingers:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: February 22, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »
The Republicans trying to repeal are morally repugnant AND dumb.

https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/834536789020962821

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: February 22, 2017, 06:38:56 PM »

Yeah you realize that is in comparison to the bullshit CBO scoring of Obamacare that was predicated on cutting a bunch of Medicare spending that was never going to happen right?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Obamacare"
« Reply #2815 on: February 22, 2017, 06:46:55 PM »

Yeah you realize that is in comparison to the bullshit CBO scoring of Obamacare that was predicated on cutting a bunch of Medicare spending that was never going to happen right?

Republicans have told people that Obamacare is awful, that they can replace it with something that is cheaper and provides better coverage.

They can't so they are bullshitting around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:58:57 PM by Kat Kid »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: February 22, 2017, 08:08:59 PM »

Republicans have told people that Obamacare is awful, that they can replace it with something that is cheaper and provides better coverage.

1. Obamacare is awful. 2. Republicans can replace it with something cheaper and better. What we had before Obamacare was cheaper and better for the vast majority of Americans. The trick with undoing a welfare program is that the GOP doesn't want to pull the rug out from under the 10 million or so who are now on Medicaid or a private policy thanks to Obamacare - at the expense of everyone else. That's where the expense comes in. But if you supported the creation of Obamacare you don't get an opinion. Sit down and shut up.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: February 22, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »
LOL

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: February 22, 2017, 09:01:51 PM »
Repealing obamacare would be cheaper, source the cbo 7 years ago, common sense.

Obamacare sucks balls, source the last 4 general elections and everyone on it who has actually tried to go to the doctor.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: February 22, 2017, 09:04:32 PM »

You're taking some really whackadoodle positions today, what gives?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: February 22, 2017, 10:36:43 PM »
This is what happens when things get too politicized.  You either just leave it to the private sector (which has led to some pretty ridiculous results), or you basically expand medicare to include pretty much everyone.  People don't like the individual mandate but they like no preexisting conditions, so politicians just try to come up with some crap that makes no sense.

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: February 23, 2017, 07:56:45 AM »

Obamacare sucks balls, source the last 4 general elections and everyone on it who has actually tried to go to the doctor.

I have Obamacare and have had no problems.  I see the same doctor I did when I had coverage through my job. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: February 23, 2017, 09:16:01 AM »

I have Obamacare and have had no problems.  I see the same doctor I did when I had coverage through my job.

Well crap if it works for you must work for errrrbody.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: February 23, 2017, 09:23:26 AM »
Must have had a really shitty plan through work.

None of the poors on obamacare can even begin to afford the $6000-12,000 annual deductible. It's a terrible high deductible plan that used to cost like $85 p/mo, that these poor souls have to pay several hundred a month for.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: February 23, 2017, 10:32:06 AM »
This is what happens when things get too politicized.  You either just leave it to the private sector (which has led to some pretty ridiculous results), or you basically expand medicare to include pretty much everyone.  People don't like the individual mandate but they like no preexisting conditions, so politicians just try to come up with some crap that makes no sense.

Agree this is more a political problem than a policy problem. In my opinion, the policy is pretty easy - don't make health insurance more expensive and worse coverage for the vast majority of Americans in order to extend welfare to a few million people. Politically hard to take that welfare away.

Also, you shouldn't assume that we had a "private sector" insurance market prior to Obamacare. The regulations and mandates imposed by federal and state governments (e.g., minimum coverage mandates) seriously distorted the efficiency we would normally expect of a free market leading to those "pretty ridiculous results."