Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148635 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 10:54:57 PM »
Pelger did not win conference POY, her late season injury killed her numbers.  She did make 1st team all conference with about 6908 other girls, she wasn't a unanimous selection which is rough ridin' ridiculous.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 02:44:27 AM »
I agree with the guys on 1350 that the hottie blonde setter got screwed with no honors.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »
Good for them since the German can't teach serving for crap.

I sincerely hope you aren't referring to Suzie, because in your long posting history of talking out of your ass this would be the absolute worst.  Since she's been the head coach no conference school has more aces.  K-State has been 1st in the conferences for # of aces four times since she took over and has never been lower than fifth.

comeonman
Aces per set
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/volleyball-women/d1/current/team/48/p3

Hitting is behind KU for christ sake
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/volleyball-women/d1/current/team/45/p3

yes we were 5th this year.  Clearly you haven't watched or listen to many games.  When you let Mizzou and KU back into matches because of services errors there is a serious issues.
 Also we have no players in the top 10 of services aces.
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewContent.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10410&CONTENT_ID=161837

KSU v KU stats (correct me if I'm wrong SA: Services Aces, SE: Services errors)
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewContent.dbml?CONTENT_ID=172757&DB_OEM_ID=10410#GAME.BOX
9 Errors to 2 Aces.

Their best win against SECaggie was due to bringing that ratio back to a positive level
http://www.big12sports.com//ViewContent.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&CONTENT_ID=170256

Her philosophy is that you aren't hitting hard enough if you aren't making errors.  Trying to run a razor thing margin like that is ok when you have superior talent and players on horse roids like NU, Penn St, UT.  K-State needs to get the ball in play when possible to prevent rally killing points from being given away.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 11:01:05 AM »

I sincerely hope you aren't referring to Suzie, because in your long posting history of talking out of your ass this would be the absolute worst.  Since she's been the head coach no conference school has more aces.  K-State has been 1st in the conferences for # of aces four times since she took over and has never been lower than fifth.

comeonman
Aces per set

yes we were 5th this year.  Clearly you haven't watched or listen to many games.  When you let Mizzou and KU back into matches because of services errors there is a serious issues.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewContent.dbml?CONTENT_ID=172757&DB_OEM_ID=10410#GAME.BOX
9 Errors to 2 Aces.

Their best win against SECaggie was due to bringing that ratio back to a positive level

Her philosophy is that you aren't hitting hard enough if you aren't making errors.  Trying to run a razor thing margin like that is ok when you have superior talent and players on horse roids like NU, Penn St, UT.  K-State needs to get the ball in play when possible to prevent rally killing points from being given away.

I completely disagree with that.  If you think you have inferior talent, I am not saying Suzie ascribes to this line of thinking just using your talking point, you don't want to be lobbing serves over the net and let your opponent, who gets the first swing on a serve receive, tee off on you.  If your opponent has better hitters the last thing you want to do is get into a swinging match with them, you have to win points other ways, hence you having inferior hitters.  The point of aggressive serving isn't necessarily to get aces but to disrupt the offense of the receiving team.

You said she "can't teach serving for crap.". She has no problem "teaching serving" whatever that means you are opposed to her philosophy, that doesn't mean she can't teach serving.  I understand it can be frustrating to watch so many serves careen into the net, but her philosophy serves a purpose whether you agree with it or not.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 11:25:11 AM »

comeonman
Aces per set

9 Errors to 2 Aces.

I completely disagree with that.  If you think you have inferior talent, I am not saying Suzie ascribes to this line of thinking just using your talking point, you don't want to be lobbing serves over the net and let your opponent, who gets the first swing on a serve receive, tee off on you.  If your opponent has better hitters the last thing you want to do is get into a swinging match with them, you have to win points other ways, hence you having inferior hitters.  The point of aggressive serving isn't necessarily to get aces but to disrupt the offense of the receiving team.

You said she "can't teach serving for crap.". She has no problem "teaching serving" whatever that means you are opposed to her philosophy, that doesn't mean she can't teach serving.  I understand it can be frustrating to watch so many serves careen into the net, but her philosophy serves a purpose whether you agree with it or not.
you do bring up a valid point with the attempted Ace in favor of allowing a team with superior talent to setup their return play.  You don't want to give away service, that is 100% correct.  However there is a difference between aggressive service and having an acceptable number of services errors.  You should strive to limit returns and errors, not say that errors are a factor of being overly aggressive.  Good point though, I'll watch for that more in the future.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »
 :emawkid:

Sets up the first matchup of a current big 12 member and a detector in any team sport.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 07:20:04 PM »
ya it's a crap match up, would rather play someone than a) the #2 seed and b) someone that we haven't played for the last 80 years.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »
Damn, a win and it's a Sweet 16 and a possible BIG12 confy championship and possible BCS Bowl all before Christmas

:ksu: :emawkid: :excited: :lynchmob: :party: :drink:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 09:13:53 PM »
Shultzy says Cats up 2-1 vs #2 Nubbs.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
 :horrorsurprise:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »
CATS WIN

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 09:44:56 PM »
 :combofan: ..... ?????

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 09:47:25 PM »
Sweet 16 baby! Beat Nebraska in Lincoln. Beat the #2 overall. We even had the band there!
RIP Fatty

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 09:50:26 PM »
Sweet 16 baby! Beat Nebraska in Lincoln. Beat the #2 overall. We even had the band there!

:lol:

Offline Norm93

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »

:lol:

Nice win on btn2go.com.   Looked like Bo Pelini was in the crowd as well.   :emawkid: :emawkid:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 09:52:32 PM »
Eh, I'm pretty sure that was a recording.

Offline Norm93

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »

They had them stuffed in a corner.  Maybe 20 band members?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 10:00:07 PM »
OH HOLY crap!!!!  Easily the greatest win in the history of the program. :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »

Nope a pep band made the trip.
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 10:02:35 PM »
OH HOLY crap!!!!  Easily the greatest win in the history of the program. :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:

BIG 12 Volleyball clap clap clapclapclap
RIP Fatty

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 11:56:56 PM »

Cat fans having a joyful evening. Old dude and that lady pointing 3 fingers at each other.  Front row kid joining in as well.

Fat lady needs a new K-State Proud shirt, that one is like 5 years old.  One guy can't even look he's so nervous.  The toughest find was probably that english nanny lady that tells bad parents how to take care of their kids. She's hiding.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »
omg. those corns only care about two sports and womens vball is one and we just killed them on their court in their faces. i mean, i kind of feel sorry for them. i mean, what if they beat us in mens bball in the mens ncaa tourney? because that's how they feel right now.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2011, 01:56:59 AM »
honestly like a K-State/OU circa 2003 game.  Great work by the lady cats.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2011, 02:02:21 AM »
 :ksu:

not gonna hide it boys...feels good  :emawkid: