Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1288384 times)

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2011, 03:37:32 PM »
Apparently many people on the other side of the field didn't see/hear the chicago fans when they lit up tons of firecrackrs causing havoc and smoke in their section. It also forced security to lay the smack down.

Heard the Fire fans were pretty wild but the field is so big you really can't see or hear much on the opposite end.  Some people said they couldn't hear the Cauldron which is weird because I know everyone down there was loud.

It really was pretty crazy in there.  After people started throwing stuff on the field after the missed call on Bravo, there was damn near a riot with police and security guards when they came over to try and stop everything.  People were throwing bottles at them, even saw one guy throw a punch at the security guard.  We caught a drumstick somebody tried to throw at a cop, and while I didn't agree with the cop bashing, all of the other crazy stuff was fine with us.  The game was boring so I'm glad the drunk people around me made it more interesting.  If it wasn't for the passionate fans and good atmosphere, the MLS wouldn't be worth much in my opinion.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »
I'm convinced most of the Livestrong-bracelet-wearing retards in the Cauldron don't even watch the game. Banging on a snare drum and bouncing around like an idiot is one thing, but projectiles don't equate to "passionate fans and good atmosphere."

I'll be sitting with the other adults from here on out.

P.S. I can't believe I miss Curt Onalfo 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2011, 08:46:54 PM »
I'm convinced most of the Livestrong-bracelet-wearing retards in the Cauldron don't even watch the game. Banging on a snare drum and bouncing around like an idiot is one thing, but projectiles don't equate to "passionate fans and good atmosphere."

I'll be sitting with the other adults from here on out.

P.S. I can't believe I miss Curt Onalfo 

Passionate American soccer fans only care about being perceived as passionate American soccer fans. They don't care about the soccer games.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »

Great pics.

I really really really hate "Blue Hell."  An unnecessary and unearned Galatasaray ripoff.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 09:07:18 PM »
Passionate American soccer fans only care about being perceived as passionate American soccer fans. They don't care about the soccer games.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2011, 02:30:49 AM »

:blah:

Would love to see your source on this.

I guess if you're talking about the small minority of people that go to games to get drunk and throw crap because they watched green street hooligans I would agree with you, but most of the passionate American fans I know follow the sport religiously.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2011, 07:33:57 AM »

:blah:

Would love to see your source on this.

Life.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2011, 07:53:25 AM »
Joco minivan drivers trying to act like Euro Houligans.

:dubious:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2011, 09:03:51 AM »
Soccer is my first love. KC Comets  :love:

I'll fist fight anyone who says I'm not passionate. CJ Sapong needs to play 80+ minutes, our best on the ball striker.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
was in the Member's Stand also and i thought it got pretty damn loud, its a fun time and if SKC ever gets a competitive team i think LSP will be rocking night in and night out.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »
lol @ soccer bashers.

Go put in another dip and take the camaro down to the river or something  :lol:

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 01:31:27 AM »
What was this, the 4th game Sporting gets a red card?  Jesus christ.  11 games into the season...

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
Great pics.

I really really really hate "Blue Hell."  An unnecessary and unearned Galatasaray ripoff.
Thanks man.

I didnt even know about Galatasaray doing that. I know Aris in the Greek League has a "yellow hell" that is pretty incredible.

Here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZczzHZnqsY

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »
Thanks man.

I didnt even know about Galatasaray doing that. I know Aris in the Greek League has a "yellow hell" that is pretty incredible.

Here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZczzHZnqsY

I think that's the Club Massey played for over there.  Here's a video with a mix of soccer & basketball craziness. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UCZKatPQsQ&feature=related

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »
Sporting win 4-1 vs. Dallas

Highlights:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?id=15841

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 12:00:31 AM »
i enjoyed all 4 of the baskets that they completed in that video.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 12:34:14 AM »
Stade looks cool and I'd probably go to a game even though I'm no soccer head.

But I will say that "rebranding" your team to start calling yourselves Sporting Kansas City or Kansas City Sporting, or whatever the eff, seems like an absurd and obvious pandering to try to make yourself be anything but an American soccer team.  "Sporting Kansas City"?  Are you rough ridin' kidding me?  That's as bad as the dude who comes back from a semester studying abroad and fakes a Euro accent and calls college "uni."

:flush: at the name,  :cheers: to the other stuff I guess.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:03 AM »

All 5 goals in the game were pretty solid.  Hope everyone at least checks out the 40 yard strike by Zusi at around 5:10 of the video.

Quote from: SkinnyBenny

But I will say that "rebranding" your team to start calling yourselves Sporting Kansas City or Kansas City Sporting, or whatever the eff, seems like an absurd and obvious pandering to try to make yourself be anything but an American soccer team.  "Sporting Kansas City"?  Are you rough ridin' kidding me?  That's as bad as the dude who comes back from a semester studying abroad and fakes a Euro accent and calls college "uni."

at the name,   to the other stuff I guess.

I really hated the "Wizards" name so I was willing to take about anything.  Sporting Kansas City isn't the best, and I was really hoping for better, but they've done a good enough job with it that most fans are content now.  If you look around the league you'll see a lot of Euro-poser names so I'm not sure if the league is just trying to get more recognition and acceptance overseas or what.  The sporting club concept is supposed to be for other teams to come in eventually.  Maybe rugby, lacrosse, etc.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2011, 01:58:34 AM »
Yeah.  Poser about nails it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »
love the name.  best name in the league.

also huge 4-1 W this weekend

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2011, 11:33:04 AM »
love the name.  best name in the league.

also huge 4-1 W this weekend

You faked a British accent after your semester in London, didn't you?

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »
4 goals for the sporting kc this weekend!  :bwpopcorn:  did teal 'i like the bunbury' score any of the goals this weekend?

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »
4 goals for the sporting kc this weekend!  :bwpopcorn:  did teal 'i like the bunbury' score any of the goals this weekend?
nope

he seems to be regressing slightly :/

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2011, 11:49:01 AM »
Heard this weekend that part of the function of the stadium that was kept in mind during design is use as MMA and Boxing venue.

:surprised:

Would love to have some outdoor boxing come to KS.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2011, 01:17:25 PM »

All 5 goals in the game were pretty solid.  Hope everyone at least checks out the 40 yard strike by Zusi at around 5:10 of the video.

Quote from: SkinnyBenny

But I will say that "rebranding" your team to start calling yourselves Sporting Kansas City or Kansas City Sporting, or whatever the eff, seems like an absurd and obvious pandering to try to make yourself be anything but an American soccer team.  "Sporting Kansas City"?  Are you effing kidding me?  That's as bad as the dude who comes back from a semester studying abroad and fakes a Euro accent and calls college "uni."

at the name,   to the other stuff I guess.

I really hated the "Wizards" name so I was willing to take about anything.  Sporting Kansas City isn't the best, and I was really hoping for better, but they've done a good enough job with it that most fans are content now.  If you look around the league you'll see a lot of Euro-poser names so I'm not sure if the league is just trying to get more recognition and acceptance overseas or what.  The sporting club concept is supposed to be for other teams to come in eventually.  Maybe rugby, lacrosse, etc.

Goalkeeper wtf.