Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1288453 times)

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Just got my sporting kc tickets to the home opener, and first game at Livestrong Park against the Chicago Fire... Anyone else going to the game? or ever been to a pro soccer game to tell me what its like?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:58:11 PM »
I went to a wizards game like 10 years ago. Year they won it all IIRC.

Would expect tons of Mexicans, and overall boredom.

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:04:09 PM »
was hoping for a rowdy crowd, it being the first game in the new stadium  :dunno:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 01:01:29 PM »
expect high quality footballing.  i wouldn't expect much quality atmosphere from the crowd.  but who knows?  the new venue could be inspiring

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:26 PM »
I think it's going to be loud, and awesome and I've got season tix so hopefully by the end of the year it'll be a quality atmosphere.

If it's 1/3rd as good as the atmosphere at the Portland Timbers games last week... :bracketmouse:
[

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »
Been to quite a few Wizards games and I'll be up there for the opener.  The stadium is awesome and the crowd will be rocking, especially since we'll be playing our rival and the game is on ESPN 2.

If you've never been to a pro game before, I think you'll be surprised how much fun you'll have.

BTW, how did you get your tickets already. Do you have season tickets or did you get them from a season ticket holder?  I'm still looking everyday waiting for single tickets to come up for sale.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:07:03 PM by j-vonfeldt »

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 04:43:05 PM »
Been to quite a few Wizards games and I'll be up there for the opener.  The stadium is awesome and the crowd will be rocking, especially since we'll be playing our rival and the game is on ESPN 2.

If you've never been to a pro game before, I think you'll be surprised how much fun you'll have.

BTW, how did you get your tickets already. Do you have season tickets or did you get them from a season ticket holder?  I'm still looking everyday waiting for single tickets to come up for sale.

I originally thought the same on the tickets, but i'm guessing he just meant he bought tickets today.
[

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »
Stub Hub

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »
I think it's going to be loud, and awesome and I've got season tix so hopefully by the end of the year it'll be a quality atmosphere.

If it's 1/3rd as good as the atmosphere at the Portland Timbers games last week... :bracketmouse:

yeah the timbers game had a great atmosphere.. im hoping for anything close to that

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 08:37:43 PM »
Bet there will be a fantastic "OLE" chant at some point.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Real Salt Lake
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 11:21:55 AM »
MLS -> RSL   :excited:

great chance for an MLS team to win the CONCACAF CL  :woot:

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 05:37:27 PM »
beckerman's hair  :barf:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 07:36:59 AM »
th14 getting off the schnide w/ 3 goals in last 2 games.  ny dominates dc last night from start to finish w/ a 4-0 scoreline.  agudelo scored one of the prettiest goals you'll see in the last minute.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 10:24:57 PM »
saw that Rusty's now has Sporting KC watch parties

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »

Nice, would love some more info if anybody has it.  Do they get every game, does anybody show, etc.

Also, single tickets go on sale Monday for anybody interested.  I bought some cheap tickets in the supporters section in case they don't have anything good left, but they were $15/ticket so I had to grab them.  If anybody wants to know how to get them at that rate PM me.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 02:25:53 AM »
Sorry, low SKCIQ here but where did they build the new stadium?  How big?

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 02:49:41 AM »
Sorry, low SKCIQ here but where did they build the new stadium?  How big?

It's in the Legends area.  Seats 18,500 for soccer, expandable to 25,000 for concerts.  I think the cost was about 200 mil.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 11:35:19 PM »
4-1 loss tonight against la galaxy - oof.  might not have known the score, except for when the mls app erroneously showed the score as 5-0 and i just had to check it out.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 12:01:34 AM »

Nice, would love some more info if anybody has it.  Do they get every game, does anybody show, etc.

Also, single tickets go on sale Monday for anybody interested.  I bought some cheap tickets in the supporters section in case they don't have anything good left, but they were $15/ticket so I had to grab them.  If anybody wants to know how to get them at that rate PM me.

only info i ever saw on it was a tweet with an ad talking about it. so i am not sure about much more. I also got those supporters section tickets should be fun!

4-1 loss tonight against la galaxy - oof.  might not have known the score, except for when the mls app erroneously showed the score as 5-0 and i just had to check it out.

very ugly game...fact of the matter is SKC is not nearly as talented as the upper tear in the MLS but starting off playing all these games away from home defiantly hurts. Hopefully we can fight out of the bottom with the influx of home games late in the season

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 12:11:11 AM »
very ugly game...fact of the matter is SKC is not nearly as talented as the upper tear in the MLS but starting off playing all these games away from home defiantly hurts. Hopefully we can fight out of the bottom with the influx of home games late in the season

my hope as well.  this is their first loss by more than a goal - i consider that a good sign rolling in to what should hopefully be a decent july+.  not any concern yet - tonight's scoreline just seemed abnormal.

Offline scoops callahan

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 12:13:56 AM »
drove by the stadium today.. it looks sexy
#LIFE

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 12:30:25 AM »
Don't forget that we're without Omar Bravo right now.

The injuries and away games will definitely put us in a hole.  I just read an article in the KC Star about how Sporting has either the 4th or 5th highest payroll in the MLS so you'd hope they could stay in the race.

Lots of fans calling for Vermes to get fired after tonights game.  Most figured it would happen at the end of year, but at this point, it may help to add excitement and interest if they made a change before the opener.  I'd be happy to see them make a change as long as it isn't a complete nobody.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:56:10 AM by j-vonfeldt »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 12:54:45 AM »
What's a typical payroll/salary like for the MSL?

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 01:00:11 AM »
You can check out the bottom of the story I read:

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/10/2865847/sporting-kc-salary-numbers-can.html

Those numbers don't tell the whole story though.  If you read the article it will explain how some of the big $ designated players make more than whats stated by the league (including Bravo).

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 01:08:07 AM »
mls numbers are interesting to me.  plenty of people in the 30-60k range, at least as far as the official payroll goes.