Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: New To Investing Thread
« Last post by DaBigTrain on March 27, 2024, 01:46:32 PM »
So should I put my life savings into $DJT ? Seems like a sure thing...
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Israel - Hamas peace process
« Last post by Pete on March 27, 2024, 01:44:06 PM »
I will vote for Biden but I really don't like what Israel is doing to Gaza (and our enabling of it)
I wish more progressives were like you.  Those knuckleheads will cut their own noses off. They did it with Nader and got the environmental policies of Bush.  They’ll do it again and get the Israel policies of Trump.

You mean peace . . .

World at War: The Joe Biden Years . . .
I am delighted with being out of Afghanistan.
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Favorite conspiracy theory
« Last post by Rage Against the McKee on March 27, 2024, 01:43:52 PM »
What did Francis Scott Key do? He wrote the star spangled banner. Has anyone seen the captain of that ship and Colin Kaepernick in the same room?
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: LOL TRUMP
« Last post by sonofdaxjones on March 27, 2024, 01:39:32 PM »

There's a reason why the NY Gub is out there telling real estate investors not to worry if they act "lawfully" of course, the biggest one's won't be touched, particularly ones that support her. She knows in the back of her mind that if they looked very hard into the process, they'd be filling up the court dockets for years.

Lick as usual rolling in with a me too post. It's very sad at this point.

« Last post by LickNeckey on March 27, 2024, 01:37:14 PM »
holy crap

no way people see those as in any way related
« Last post by sonofdaxjones on March 27, 2024, 01:35:09 PM »
cat, you're always embarrassing yourself with your nonsensical ramblings.

But how is talking about our free market system, particularly in real estate embarrassing?

It's embarrassing because Stewart sold a piece of property for whatever someone was willing to pay it for. He never told the local appraisal district what it was worth, and he had no obligation to make that determination.

That has zero relation to simultaneously representing that a property has two different valuations depending on whether you're paying vs. getting money in relation to that valuation.

Thanks for affirming my talking points on our free market system.

A property is only worth what we say it's worth, not what lending institutions believe it's worth, and willing to lend accordingly . . . #blueaon/#blueanongE

No, a property is only worth what a disinterested buyer is willing to pay. And if someone was willing to pay what Trump claimed his assets were worth, he would have been able to come up with financing to pay his $400m appeal bond.

You're co-mingling things, but still hammering home my points on our free market system.

The bond issue didn't come up until long after all the loans/banks had been repaid all of their money with interest.  The kind of financial transaction that is part of the backbone of our free market.

it's like a dramatically more vile evolution of the simpsons meme

« Last post by catastrophe on March 27, 2024, 01:31:13 PM »
cat, you're always embarrassing yourself with your nonsensical ramblings.

But how is talking about our free market system, particularly in real estate embarrassing?

It's embarrassing because Stewart sold a piece of property for whatever someone was willing to pay it for. He never told the local appraisal district what it was worth, and he had no obligation to make that determination.

That has zero relation to simultaneously representing that a property has two different valuations depending on whether you're paying vs. getting money in relation to that valuation.

Thanks for affirming my talking points on our free market system.

A property is only worth what we say it's worth, not what lending institutions believe it's worth, and willing to lend accordingly . . . #blueaon/#blueanongE

No, a property is only worth what a disinterested buyer is willing to pay. And if someone was willing to pay what Trump claimed his assets were worth, he would have been able to come up with financing to pay his $400m appeal bond.
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: The Royals
« Last post by Phil Titola on March 27, 2024, 01:24:25 PM »
They are not helping themselves.  I bet the chiefs are considering ditching them if this fails

today is the best news day since they decided to go to Crossroads.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses
I learned something new today. Anti-semites are some of the biggest weirdos out there.

https://twitter.com/3YearLetterman/status/1773042368733679896?s=20
Holy crap the replies to this gah

https://twitter.com/SethDillon/status/1772824069378908314

I would like to think that he might rethink what he's been doing with Babylon Bee based on how people are responding to this but probably not.

Spot on. When a bunch of Nazis come out like "hey, this is not what I've come to expect from your publication, sir." You might wanna take a step back and reassess.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]