Author Topic: NHL open thread (lets go ahead & throw international hockey in here too)  (Read 114194 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: NHL open thread (lets go ahead & throw international hockey in here too)
« Reply #975 on: April 21, 2016, 11:31:07 PM »
I probably should've been live tweeting my feelings during this series. It's been a roller coaster you guys.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 22, 2016, 12:07:35 AM »
2OT, I don't think we have enough emoticons to express what I'm feeling.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 22, 2016, 12:28:01 AM »
 :curse:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 22, 2016, 02:26:31 AM »
Damnit joda, get it together, finish this series :curse: #ABC

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 22, 2016, 08:08:53 AM »
Joda, maybe it was just the Chicago affiliate announcers but did you hear their bit complaining about the 8:42 start time? Pretty dumb way to attract interest in the sport having games ending at 11:30 or later on a weekday.
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 22, 2016, 08:10:06 AM »
That said, great game. I thought both teams might be unable to walk after the first couple periods' physicality, forget about 2 OT

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 22, 2016, 10:08:51 AM »
Joda, maybe it was just the Chicago affiliate announcers but did you hear their bit complaining about the 8:42 start time? Pretty dumb way to attract interest in the sport having games ending at 11:30 or later on a weekday.

Yea, NBC cut to commercial in the middle of it, but I heard most of it. And I agree, I think the two things all Blues and Blackhawks fans can agree on is that the officials have been pretty bad this series (I thought last nights game was probably the best of the series because they at least where consistent on letting them play) and that the late start time for a series in the CTZ is absolutely ridiculous.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 22, 2016, 10:18:03 AM »
That said, great game. I thought both teams might be unable to walk after the first couple periods' physicality, forget about 2 OT

Kane, as much as I hate the guy, found that last bit of energy and made a phenomenal play. You could tell both teams where dead on their feet and there was no way anyone else was stopping those moves. I know I've seen a few people raging on the Blues D of that play, but if no one was stopping that in 2OT. Elliott should have just dropped his stick and I think he makes it over in time to stop that, but I don't really blame him either.

Normally, considering the Blues recent history, I'd feel like this would have done them in but there's something different about this team. I actually think losing in that manner may fire them up even more for game 6

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 22, 2016, 10:20:28 AM »
I'd be excited about heading back to the United Center, if not for the games last week.  I think the Blues will take game 6. They have been much more physical, and the Blackhawks have looked worn down for a month or more.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 22, 2016, 10:23:46 AM »

NBC being excessively cheap and using the Chicago and San Jose CSN broadcast teams is reason enough to cheer against those teams.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 22, 2016, 10:25:20 AM »

NBC being excessively cheap and using the Chicago and San Jose CSN broadcast teams is reason enough to cheer against those teams.

I really figured that was just local by watching it on CSN Chicago...

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 22, 2016, 10:28:18 AM »

I actually don't mind the pbp guy from Chicago's broadcast as long as Eddie doesn't speak.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 22, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
I'd be excited about heading back to the United Center, if not for the games last week.  I think the Blues will take game 6. They have been much more physical, and the Blackhawks have looked worn down for a month or more.

That's how I feel, but I'm not going to be sure of anything until that clock hits zero on StL's fourth win. It sure seemed to me that the Blues where pretty dominant for long stretches of the game last night, they just played way too passive in the 2nd and by 2OT it was just a war of attrition.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 22, 2016, 11:18:02 AM »

I actually don't mind the pbp guy from Chicago's broadcast as long as Eddie doesn't speak.

I'm completely the opposite, I like edzo.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 22, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »
LET'S GO STARS!!!!!!!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: April 23, 2016, 07:27:19 AM »

That's how I feel, but I'm not going to be sure of anything until that clock hits zero on StL's fourth win. It sure seemed to me that the Blues where pretty dominant for long stretches of the game last night, they just played way too passive in the 2nd and by 2OT it was just a war of attrition.

The Blues are a better team top to bottom.  They've had Stanley Cup talent for a few years.  It's a tough division to advance.  The Hawks have lived on the edge in the playoffs in each of their Cup years.  I'm not sure they can handle that this year.  I see the Blues taking game six.  But you're right.  The clock has to hit zero.  That's what makes NHL playoffs so great.  They're intense from start to finish and in this division, every team has a realistic chance to advance deep.  That said, Go Hawks (and Pat Foley)!

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 23, 2016, 09:52:28 PM »
 :bang:

2nd game in a row the Blues forgot there's a 2nd period

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 23, 2016, 10:05:01 PM »
 :party:

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 24, 2016, 08:46:17 AM »
:bang:

2nd game in a row the Blues forgot there's a 2nd period

Crazy flow to the game.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 24, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
Just saw this on another forum. Tarasenko's average TOI for this series (remember there's been an OT and a 2OT game) is 17:27. That's ridiculously low for a guy that has been arguably the most dangerous player on the ice for either team. Brouwer has played decent, but he's averaging nearly 3 1/2 more minutes a game.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 25, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »
Bring on the islanders  :zzz:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 25, 2016, 03:35:26 PM »

You will destroy those douches
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 25, 2016, 04:19:16 PM »

That's going to be a great series and if the Lightning don't get healthy I think the Isles will win. They played a great series against FLA, Luongo saved them from getting beat worse, he was awesome.

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 25, 2016, 04:57:20 PM »
Just saw this on another forum. Tarasenko's average TOI for this series (remember there's been an OT and a 2OT game) is 17:27. That's ridiculously low for a guy that has been arguably the most dangerous player on the ice for either team. Brouwer has played decent, but he's averaging nearly 3 1/2 more minutes a game.

"Hitchcock said Tarasenko plays a heavier game so needs shorter shifts, and noted he doesn’t kill penalties. Nobody thought there would be lingering animosity."  Hitchcock responding to a question about Tarasenko's ice time.  Also, they tend not to match lines.  If I were a St. Louis fan I'd want to see Tarasenko out there more often.  He's a difference maker at both ends.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 25, 2016, 08:48:24 PM »
That Blues guy shouldn't have kicked the puck in his own net like that. Poor decision.