Author Topic: We don't "own" KC guys . . .  (Read 1064 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We don't "own" KC guys . . .
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:44:28 AM »
in a slight break from TSC'ing my ass off here, I have to say that KU beat us by a whole 4,000 or so fans when comparing recent Sprint Center game attendance.

They had a little over 12,000 at their game with Georgia, and we only had a little over 8,000 at our game with Washington State University (Where Every Person is a Cougar aka EPAC, which is said while imitating a tabby upchucking a hairball). 

Our Rock Chalk friends truly do "own" Kansas City.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: We don't "own" KC guys . . .
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 10:54:49 AM »
in a slight break from TSC'ing my ass off here, I have to say that KU beat us by a whole 4,000 or so fans when comparing recent Sprint Center game attendance.

They had a little over 12,000 at their game with Georgia, and we only had a little over 8,000 at our game with Washington State University (Where Every Person is a Cougar aka EPAC, which is said while imitating a tabby upchucking a hairball). 

Our Rock Chalk friends truly do "own" Kansas City.

oscar is in a make or break year after two dogshit seasons in a row, and we were playing one of the top five worst P5 teams in the country. KU doesn't own KC, oscar just sucks, along with our schedule.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 11:15:11 AM »
Wasn't a very watchable game.  That may have something to do with it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 11:27:10 AM »
The second half was ok.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 11:58:50 AM »
Did they have the upper deck open?  The low water mark for KState games at the Sprint Center was the So. Miss game in 2008.  The box score attendance was 6k, they had the curtain down on the upper deck (which is not great for basketball viewing and absolutely crap for concerts imo) and it felt like less.

That game prolly draws another 1k or 2k fans if we don't lose all three of the UK, Iowa and Oregon games that led up to it. 

In addition to the general lack of enthusiasm for a program coming off back to back 7th place finishes you have to remember the crowd for Sprint Center games is 90% of folks 2 hrs or less from MHK and if I have my choice of a mediocre matchup as the main course I much prefer an appetizer of Aggieville to PnL.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 12:02:41 PM »
Lack of big-time PAK plans.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 12:16:37 PM »
this too, I can't imagine many texts or email chains were fired up when the schedule was released in July or whenever to claim December 10th on the family calendar.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 12:31:24 PM »
I must say as I was looking through my leather bound 2016-17 KU Basketball Media Guide I noticed that they list Sprint Center having a capacity of 18,972, and I was little surprise at that error.   Sprint Center has a capacity of 12,107 as that is exactly the listed attendance for KU's last game there.   I suggest KU's SID's department get a little better at editing their most valuable document. 

I am also a little surprised that the taxpayers of KC had to pay so much money for such a smallish venue.    That's like 7,000 less then what Kemper held, right?  12,107, no wonder they can't draw a full time sports occupant at the SC.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »
this too, I can't imagine many texts or email chains were fired up when the schedule was released in July or whenever to claim December 10th on the family calendar.
I launched one of these before Huggie vs Frank at IBA.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 01:13:51 PM »
Currie is conceding KC to the hawks by keeping oscar