Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 630961 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #5650 on: January 15, 2015, 01:47:37 PM »
the superdraft would be 1,000x better if it was happening at union station and there was free beer everywhere

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #5651 on: January 15, 2015, 02:49:51 PM »
the superdraft would be 1,000x better if it was happening at union station and there was free beer everywhere

That's an absolutely amazing idea. Someone get it to Robb immediately.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: January 15, 2015, 02:51:05 PM »
I know absolutely nothing about any of the picks but taking a big, athletic kid always makes me happy

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: January 15, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
We traded our 30th pick for Carrasco of Houston (Alex Morgan's husband). :fatty:

Not positive but I think he is a defensive midfielder who has had injury problems and if healthy could be very good.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: January 15, 2015, 03:28:31 PM »
We traded our 30th pick for Carrasco of Houston (Alex Morgan's husband). :fatty:

Not positive but I think he is a defensive midfielder who has had injury problems and if healthy could be very good.

Syd and Alex both :D

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: January 15, 2015, 03:29:44 PM »
;)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: January 15, 2015, 03:46:20 PM »
I love MLS Superdraft was a fun follow on Twitter today. I like the picks and trade. I'm not an expert tho

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: January 15, 2015, 03:49:12 PM »
It's pretty hard to find college soccer experts. I'm also happy with our moves today.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: January 15, 2015, 04:25:40 PM »
Idk if I said this already but drafting two fullbacks leads me to believe we won't be bringing back Juliao. Think Ellis will be back still. If we don't bring back Igor, we will still be bringing in one other Fluminense player on loan through our partnership with them.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: January 16, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »
Idk if I said this already but drafting two fullbacks leads me to believe we won't be bringing back Juliao. Think Ellis will be back still. If we don't bring back Igor, we will still be bringing in one other Fluminense player on loan through our partnership with them.

I love google translate's translation abilities, but hate what it implies . . .

Igor Julian is back to Fluminense after a season on loan in the United States to Sporting Kansas City. And for the side the biggest bet in the base will be no problem in 2015 - with the output of Unimed and financial difficulties, the tricolor cast will be formed largely by silver-of-home. Read More: - Walter ensures that only thinks about the Flu and says he wants to stay - Copa SP: With all the goals in the first half, Fluminense defeat the Northwest and guarantees a place in the second phase - Sport Recife is close to hit with Samuel, Fluminense "I think very cool the Fluminense initiative. The club always bet the base personnel. It has players who are already three or four years in the professional. This will make a difference this season. They are all more mature, more prepared. I think it's a good bet. It's a winning generation. All who are here have won almost everything in the base. They are very prepared. I think the club has made ??a legal funnel. All are players who have a very good future in here and have a beautiful walk through the front, "said the 20 year old to site 'Lancenet'. Igor came to hold for 22 games in 2013, some even 18 years, under necessity in Laranjeiras. In the Major League Soccer last year, the side participated in 25 games as a starter for Sporting KC, and now back to play in the right position with Renato and Wellington Silva, if the latter remains.

http://www.futnet.com.br/futebolcarioca/fluminense/noticias/?377654-de-volta-as-laranjeiras-igor-juliao-esta-confiante-o-clube-sempre-apostou-na-base

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: January 16, 2015, 09:36:42 AM »
If it is truly the end of the Juliao era, I really hope he does have a beautiful walk through the front.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: January 16, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »
Quote from: Matt Doyle (stud)
Got the best pure winger in the draft at No. 10 in Connor Hallisey, who will make the team and play legitimate minutes. Some were divided on Saad Abdul-Salaam, the overlapping right back from Akron, but it's hard to argue with Sporting's track record in the draft, and it's hard to argue they didn't need depth at that spot last year. Amadou Dia, who they took at 20, will be converted from attacker to left back over the next few years, and should be a worthy understudy for Seth Sinovic.

So Hallisey will play LW (and RW, they're the same thing in PV's system), Abdul is RB depth, and Dia will eventually be LB depth.

I like adding RB depth because that allows Anibaba (currently a better RB than CB) to work on playing CB especially if Ellis re-signs. Last season, he struggled in the middle for Seattle. When he played for Chicago a couple years ago, I remember him always being solid at all 3 defensive positions. Anibaba being a good option at CB will help if/when EPB goes to Europe.

Looking at the history of the SuperDraft in general (and PV's history especially), most first round picks make teams and contribute at some level in the first season.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2015/news/article/2015/01/15/armchair-analyst-team-team-breakdown-who-did-what-2015-superdraft

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: January 16, 2015, 09:53:43 AM »
If it is truly the end of the Juliao era, I really hope he does have a beautiful walk through the front.

Fwiw, before we drafted two fullbacks, I wanted him back. I wanted to see him develop behind Myers. Now that we have plenty of fullback depth, I prefer to use that loan on a position that would help the team more. I honestly doubt they have any young wingers and especially d mids who we could get and could contribute though. Attacking midfielder could be nice to have compete with Medranda for that spot behind Benny.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: January 16, 2015, 10:09:51 AM »
http://www.torontofc.ca/live <-- Jozy press conf starting soon

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: January 16, 2015, 06:40:01 PM »
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pguy316?utm_campaign=JPER&utm_medium=FlashPlayer&utm_source=embed

Red Bull town hall meeting. crap is going down rn.

Here is the first 37 min before the stream died. http://m.ustream.tv/recorded/57627772 Very interesting if you have the time to watch and/or are interested in teams other than SKC.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:44:19 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:15:44 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: January 17, 2015, 07:01:26 PM »
Wow, curious how things will fall with their roster now or if MLS is changing DP rules??
[

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: January 17, 2015, 07:59:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/downthebyline/status/556630992622866432

Apparently his contract was terminated.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: January 17, 2015, 08:00:32 PM »
Wow, curious how things will fall with their roster now or if MLS is changing DP rules??
Either a 4th DP added, they will pay down Gilberto's salary, or the obvious Gilberto will leave.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: January 17, 2015, 09:39:33 PM »
Goodbye Taca. Best for both parties really
[

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: January 17, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »
Definitely. Opens the door for the DP winger I hope we sign.