Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 448525 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #1375 on: February 13, 2017, 11:11:56 PM »
Didn't take pictures because I don't use tapatalk, but I went to Northern Iowa's McLeod Center and the UNI Dome today. The McLeod Center is absolutely the best college arena I've ever seen. Modern, compact, uniform (that's for you sb); they have nice loge boxes, they have an arena club that is behind a basket, right over the band section. The arena club has lots of tables and chairs, and large windows that open and close like our luxury boxes at the bill. There's absolutely nothing to complain about with this arena, I can't believe I've never been. I'm definitely going to a game there before the season ends.

The UNI Dome was fine, nothing really weird. They have no premium seating. The dome is an actual dome, like the old baggie at the metrodome, a lot of natural sunlight comes in. I imagine it gets really loud in there when they are good.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 13, 2017, 11:14:49 PM »
Didn't take pictures because I don't use tapatalk, but I went to Northern Iowa's McLeod Center and the UNI Dome today. The McLeod Center is absolutely the best college arena I've ever seen. Modern, compact, uniform (that's for you sb); they have nice loge boxes, they have an arena club that is behind a basket, right over the band section. The arena club has lots of tables and chairs, and large windows that open and close like our luxury boxes at the bill. There's absolutely nothing to complain about with this arena, I can't believe I've never been. I'm definitely going to a game there before the season ends.

The UNI Dome was fine, nothing really weird. They have no premium seating. The dome is an actual dome, like the old baggie at the metrodome, a lot of natural sunlight comes in. I imagine it gets really loud in there when they are good.

That's really bizarre because I was just reading the article in the Mercury on CK7 coming back from Northern Iowa, and I thought to myself, "UNI has a great arena." Then you wrote that. :cheers: Never been but I definitely hope to check it out someday. Seems rowdy.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 14, 2017, 05:54:47 AM »
I would never be friends with a Houston person, I just hold myself to a higher standard I guess
You never watched a houcat vid?

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 15, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »
Go Big Red

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 16, 2017, 12:27:37 AM »
ITHACA! :love: :love: :love:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: February 16, 2017, 01:35:59 PM »
Too bad they didn't stick to the arches and columns look for everything...I like that stuff.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 16, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »
how how HOW did you not get a shot opposite the half moon bleachers? 

cornell and brown are my two biggest WTF stadium setups.  right up there with the weirdo GT overhang.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 16, 2017, 02:15:11 PM »

cornell and brown are my two biggest WTF stadium setups.  right up there with the weirdo GT overhang.

:sdeek:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 16, 2017, 02:25:09 PM »
Why are there bleachers under the pressbox in the flyover but not the other photos?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 16, 2017, 02:26:36 PM »
Construction. Remodel?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 16, 2017, 02:28:01 PM »
Haha nope. Torn down to lack of use and being in disrepair. Oh man.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 16, 2017, 06:18:15 PM »

Very cold and I had to get back to our sister Ivy's Vet Med facility.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 16, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »

Man dlew, we are stade twins. And also stade thread twins. Was just going to say literally everything that you just said (except that I call the weirdo GT overhang "Bobby Dodd's Snaggletooth").
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 03, 2017, 11:27:00 PM »
I can't stop thinking about hilarious arenas. Barnhill Arena at Arkansas (the old pig aggy hoops stade/current volleyball stade detailed here) is so LOLWTF. I google it all the time. I mean there's just so much wut in this picture.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 04, 2017, 10:06:56 AM »
I can't stop thinking about hilarious arenas. Barnhill Arena at Arkansas (the old pig aggy hoops stade/current volleyball stade detailed here) is so LOLWTF. I google it all the time. I mean there's just so much wut in this picture.

Pretty nice Vball venue

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 04, 2017, 10:50:14 AM »

Do those corner seats come with a voucher for a free chiropractor visit?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 04, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »
Gooch gets it

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 04, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »
It's funny, I spent four years at the University of Arkansas and never missed a home basketball game.  Nothing about it ever seemed weird, in fact, I thought it was probably the most awesome venue in the country.  Of course we had fantastic basketball then, and a band director named Robson that was a maniac that kept the place rocking.  Looking at these pictures i have to admit it's pretty mumped up.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 04, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »
It's such an odd shape. I mean it's oriented 90* away from how you'd think it would be when you see an aerial shot of the building. Along the sidelines the bleachers go up to like row 300. (You can't really tell from this picture but it absolutely goes up into the darkness of this photo and the top row is like 2 feet from the ceiling. Super weird. The bleachers behind the basket are also really tall for being bleachers behind the basket, but they're really skinny. Then there's those corner sections that are just shoehorned in there wherever they have room and that are facing in who-knows-what direction. That scoreboard is SOOOOO squashed. Look at the roof-line. Changes angles kinda partway through lolwut. Those curvy white support columns that appear in this picture on both sides of the WTF corner section look so out of place. Also maybe it's just me, but on the sideline bleachers that go up to the heavens in this picture, it kinda looks like they change their angle as they get closer to the court.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 04, 2017, 08:41:32 PM »
My first thought when I saw that was "When they made it volleyball only, did they change the orientation of the court?"
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: April 04, 2017, 08:52:05 PM »
My first thought when I saw that was "When they made it volleyball only, did they change the orientation of the court?"

:lol:

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 04, 2017, 09:20:07 PM »
It's such an odd shape. I mean it's oriented 90* away from how you'd think it would be when you see an aerial shot of the building. Along the sidelines the bleachers go up to like row 300. (You can't really tell from this picture but it absolutely goes up into the darkness of this photo and the top row is like 2 feet from the ceiling. Super weird. The bleachers behind the basket are also really tall for being bleachers behind the basket, but they're really skinny. Then there's those corner sections that are just shoehorned in there wherever they have room and that are facing in who-knows-what direction. That scoreboard is SOOOOO squashed. Look at the roof-line. Changes angles kinda partway through lolwut. Those curvy white support columns that appear in this picture on both sides of the WTF corner section look so out of place. Also maybe it's just me, but on the sideline bleachers that go up to the heavens in this picture, it kinda looks like they change their angle as they get closer to the court.

That's one helluva breakdown.  I would add the oversized cables hanging down from the scoreboard.  I mean, at least throw em on top of the damn thing.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 04, 2017, 09:33:47 PM »

Do those corner seats come with a voucher for a free chiropractor visit?

Razorbacks played basketball there until the 93-94 season, a very very tough place to win. The Altman Cats played there in December 1990

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 04, 2017, 10:41:30 PM »
:lol:

It's like if you took a bunch of pictures of different arenas out of a few magazines and just kinda glued 'em together to make your own hodge-podge arena.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 04, 2017, 10:42:37 PM »
P.S. Look closely at how high up those behind-the-basket bleachers go

lolololololololololol