Author Topic: Auburn game  (Read 56638 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Auburn game
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2014, 07:56:37 PM »
It will be fun to kick their ass and watch the national media act all surprised that bill has the gang running again.

:billdance:
bears are fast...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2014, 09:05:51 PM »
Most people fail to realize that prior to the bowl games, we would have been a 1 pt fave at home vs Auburn and a 2 pt dog in a neutral location...
I find that wildly unlikely.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2014, 09:10:37 PM »
Auburn is probably going to kick the rough ridin' crap out of us.  They will eat waters alive.
I always thought ppl drank water, but now I know better.  :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2014, 09:17:54 PM »
Most people fail to realize that prior to the bowl games, we would have been a 1 pt fave at home vs Auburn and a 2 pt dog in a neutral location...

Even with the Bama game, $EC CG and BCS CG games all factored into the Massey equation, that math model still only has Auburn by 5 in BSFS.

http://www.masseyratings.com/game.php?s0=199231&t0=Auburn&h=-1&s1=199231&t1=Kansas+State

Some statistician/handicapper buddies and I got into a discussion about it near the end of last season and statistically we were literally dead even with Auburn even with SOS factored in.  Their performance in their last three games (with 2/3 being against elite competition) put a little gap in the numbers however.

bears are fast...

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2014, 10:19:14 PM »

Even with the Bama game, $EC CG and BCS CG games all factored into the Massey equation, that math model still only has Auburn by 5 in BSFS.

http://www.masseyratings.com/game.php?s0=199231&t0=Auburn&h=-1&s1=199231&t1=Kansas+State

Some statistician/handicapper buddies and I got into a discussion about it near the end of last season and statistically we were literally dead even with Auburn even with SOS factored in.  Their performance in their last three games (with 2/3 being against elite competition) put a little gap in the numbers however.
Well...they lost their bowl game...so "prior to their bowl game" was still after Alabama and the SEC CG and before they lost...

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2014, 12:03:37 AM »

Well...they lost their bowl game...so "prior to their bowl game" was still after Alabama and the SEC CG and before they lost...

The Alabama game and the $EC CG were also both "prior to their bowl game".

:fatty:
bears are fast...

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2014, 12:48:18 AM »

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »
Auburn is probably going to kick the rough ridin' crap out of us.  They will eat waters alive.
I always thought ppl drank water, but now I know better.  :D

:ROFL:

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2014, 10:10:21 AM »
I'm looking ahead, past all other games, to the time that we again face NDSU in the epic rematch.
take a number. Ndsu will have scoreboard for 30 more years as more teams line up the bison to see how it's done, up close.

I want a return trip to Manhattan. Twas fun

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

titletown..lulz

Offline Harmon4ksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 02:52:56 PM »
We should allow auburn to buy out of this game   We stand to gain nothing by playing them.

:gocho:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
Who has ESPNinsider that can cut/paste the whole story?  Apparently, they are predicting a K-State win at home vs Auburn...

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10861397/projecting-2014-sec-team-records-division-rankings-college-football

They use their models to predict SEC standings for this upcoming season, and project Auburn to finish 8-4 (5-3 in conference).  Barring that 4th loss is to LaTech, Samford, or SJSU at home, their models indicate we would win at home.
bears are fast...

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »
Who has ESPNinsider that can cut/paste the whole story?  Apparently, they are predicting a K-State win at home vs Auburn...

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10861397/projecting-2014-sec-team-records-division-rankings-college-football

They use their models to predict SEC standings for this upcoming season, and project Auburn to finish 8-4 (5-3 in conference).  Barring that 4th loss is to LaTech, Samford, or SJSU at home, their models indicate we would win at home.
:excited:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
ZEAL!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »
MODELS! :love:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2014, 11:38:28 AM »
MODELS! :love:

When I need sure fire winners, who better to turn to than MODELS?!?!

:drool:
bears are fast...

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »
Don't worry about the actual article, it doesn't even mention k-state by name, but yeah it does predict an auburn loss i guess.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2014, 11:54:05 AM »
Don't worry about the actual article, it doesn't even mention k-state by name, but yeah it does predict an auburn loss i guess.

So.... You can read it, but can't be bothered to cut/paste it for all?

:dubious:
bears are fast...

Offline yat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2014, 12:02:31 PM »
No mention of KSU game - has them 8-4 and 5-3 in SEC, though.

3. Auburn Tigers
Projected finish: 8-4 (5-3)
Chance to win SEC: 4 percent
Chance to finish 11-1 or 12-0: 4 percent

The projection model is designed to accurately project the fortunes of the majority of teams, and Auburn was one of its biggest misses last year. Its five-year trendline certainly didn't forecast a run to the national championship game in 2013. The Tigers' performance prospects are more favorable in this year's projection (No. 8 overall in the FEI ratings), but the schedule holds them back. Cross-division games against South Carolina and Georgia and a road trip to Alabama present the most difficult draw of any SEC West team. There are seven games on the Auburn schedule that fall into toss-up territory. If Auburn can recapture the magic of last season, those toss-ups will be victories for sure. However, a solid but not spectacular season is more likely.

Offline yat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »
Also predicts KSU Cats to have a non-con loss though, so . . .

4. Kansas State Wildcats
Projected finish: 8-4 (6-3)
Chance to win Big 12: 9 percent
Chance to finish 11-1 or 12-0: 3 percent

Our projection model almost always underrates Kansas State, a program that doesn't recruit like an elite program but one from which head coach LHC LHC Bill Snyder consistently draws efficient performances. The program-building that Snyder has done at KSU is remarkable, but we don't have a specific factor in the formula to account for his wizardry. We can project that they'll be in the Big 12 mix throughout the year. More than 50 percent of the Wildcats' offensive drives crossed the opponent's 30-yard line in 2013, the second straight season Kansas State had a top-20 mark in that value drive measure.

Kansas State had a rough start, then picked up steam in the second half the season, a story that may play out similarly this year. The Wildcats will be tested early in 2014 with a rare pair of nonconference games against Big Five opponents (Auburn and Utah), though they are more than twice as likely to win both (35 percent) than they are to lose both (16 percent).

wizardry, tho.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
Utah? :confused:

Offline yat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2014, 12:46:14 PM »
Utah? :confused:

Utah, UTEP = Tomatah, TomaTEP

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2014, 12:51:26 PM »

Utah, UTEP = Tomatah, TomaTEP

:thumbs:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2014, 12:52:02 PM »

4. Kansas State Wildcats

Our projection model almost always underrates Kansas State, a program that doesn't recruit like an elite program but one from which head coach LHC LHC Bill Snyder consistently draws efficient performances. The program-building that Snyder has done at KSU is remarkable, but we don't have a specific factor in the formula to account for his wizardry. We can project that they'll be in the Big 12 mix throughout the year. More than 50 percent of the Wildcats' offensive drives crossed the opponent's 30-yard line in 2013, the second straight season Kansas State had a top-20 mark in that value drive measure.

Kansas State had a rough start, then picked up steam in the second half the season, a story that may play out similarly this year. The Wildcats will be tested early in 2014 with a rare pair of nonconference games against Big Five opponents (Auburn and Utah), though they are more than twice as likely to win both (35 percent) than they are to lose both (16 percent).

wizardry, tho.

go home projection model you're drunk.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2014, 12:56:09 PM »

4. Kansas State Wildcats

Our projection model almost always underrates Kansas State, a program that doesn't recruit like an elite program but one from which head coach LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder consistently draws efficient performances. The program-building that Snyder has done at KSU is remarkable, but we don't have a specific factor in the formula to account for his wizardry. We can project that they'll be in the Big 12 mix throughout the year. More than 50 percent of the Wildcats' offensive drives crossed the opponent's 30-yard line in 2013, the second straight season Kansas State had a top-20 mark in that value drive measure.

wizardry, tho.

go home projection model you're drunk.