Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99565 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »
Most terrorist attacks are in places with really unstable governments (like Afghanistan and Iraq)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_2014

Funny - you don't see much terrorism in South American or Central American countries, home to some of the most corrupt governments on the planet. Violence seems to be almsot entirely drug/kidnapping related. Over a billion poor and oppressed people. American intervention in propping up corrupt regimes. What's different... Hmmm..... Oh yeah, Catholics.

Well, the drug cartels do murder people, kidnap, dismember bodies, etc. It seems the biggest difference between the two is that we don't call it terrorism in the west.

Oh yeah, Catholics.

Right. We don't call gang violence terrorism here, either. Now, if those gangs are murdeing people because they're insulting the Pope, or teaching girls how to read, or for not converting to Catholicism, then I'd call that terrorism. Is any of that happening sud of the border?

Our gangs don't commonly use the same tactics as Middle Eastern terrorists. Mexican drug cartels do. If you don't consider dismembering somebody a form of terrorism, then I guess things are all rosy south of the US.

It looks like the Mexican drug cartels are being inspired taught by terrorists as they pass through on their way to the US.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2015, 04:31:47 PM »
Most terrorist attacks are in places with really unstable governments (like Afghanistan and Iraq)

Funny - you don't see much terrorism in South American or Central American countries, home to some of the most corrupt governments on the planet. Violence seems to be almsot entirely drug/kidnapping related. Over a billion poor and oppressed people. American intervention in propping up corrupt regimes. What's different... Hmmm..... Oh yeah, Catholics.

Well, the drug cartels do murder people, kidnap, dismember bodies, etc. It seems the biggest difference between the two is that we don't call it terrorism in the west.

Oh yeah, Catholics.

Right. We don't call gang violence terrorism here, either. Now, if those gangs are murdeing people because they're insulting the Pope, or teaching girls how to read, or for not converting to Catholicism, then I'd call that terrorism. Is any of that happening sud of the border?

Our gangs don't commonly use the same tactics as Middle Eastern terrorists. Mexican drug cartels do. If you don't consider dismembering somebody a form of terrorism, then I guess things are all rosy south of the US.

Yes.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2015, 07:01:14 PM »
This thread really took an amusing turn. The libtards are so set on blaming anything other than Islam for terrorism that the south/Central American drug cartels' motivations are really no different than Muslim terrorists. :lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2015, 07:19:21 PM »
This thread really took an amusing turn. The libtards are so set on blaming anything other than Islam for terrorism that the south/Central American drug cartels' motivations are really no different than Muslim terrorists. :lol:

You seem to have a firm grasp of what's going on

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2015, 07:33:48 PM »
great job making this terrorist attack about a photo op, conservatives.

You sound like a complete dumbass
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »
self loathing Americans are the weirdest.

Agreed. I think it comes in the mail to order "progressotard makeover" kit

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2015, 07:42:48 PM »
I'm sure the libtards desperately want to include gang violence within the definition of terrorism and enemy combatant so they can start wire tapping without warrants and droning domestically. Alpha target, tea party gang bangers.

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2015, 08:20:55 PM »

Oh yeah, Catholics.

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/republicans-propose-bill-treat-mexican-drug-cartels-terrorist-insurgency

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2015, 08:23:15 PM »
lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2015, 08:58:41 PM »
Expansion of the police state and global hegemony, libtard objectives a & b under Obama and criticisms a & b of W.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2015, 08:58:54 PM »
Omg

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2015, 10:54:20 PM »
IMO Buttcrack Obama's inept foreign policies have been a big reason for the upsurge of ISIS.  Where would ISIS be if there were still US troops in Iraq?  Pushing for the Arab spring only agitated the bowels of these sadistic nuts.  Instead of weakening Assad, maybe we should of let him squeeze the camel dung out of the terrorists.  Abandoning Isreal and not trying to strengthen the PLO and get them to negotiate has given rise to Hamas in Gaza.  Throw in the work of Hapless Hillary and war zero Lurch Kerry as SOS,  It is no wonder these knotheads are attacking the west.  Who knows a bearded kook may be hiding among the Amish at Yoder or Garnett.   I hear ISIS wants to attack golf courses -- crap now Obama will fight back!!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2015, 08:14:06 AM »
Who knows a bearded kook may be hiding among the Amish at Yoder or Garnett.

Probably getting a carriage bomb ready as we speak.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2015, 09:00:43 AM »
There's no question that recent foreign policy blunders and strategic gross negligence have brought unprecedented power and influence to the radical Islamic stage, whereas prior policy had largely muted their effectiveness. Those facts, in no way, have had substantial influence on the motivations behind the atrocities perpetrated by the radicals. Those motivations are timeless.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »
What I'm learning here is that western policy can have an effect on terrorism as long as it was Obummer's. No policy decisions prior to that had an impact on the growth of ISIS

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2015, 09:16:42 AM »
What I'm learning here is that western policy can have an effect on terrorism as long as it was Obummer's. No policy decisions prior to that had an impact on the growth of ISIS

Hyperbole much?

Are you seriously going to deny or dispute that the radicals have grown substantially, exponentially, in power and influence over the last 5 or 6 years?  If you are, than I think we know who the real partisan assclown is here.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2015, 09:18:29 AM »

Hyperbole much?

:lol:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2015, 09:29:16 AM »
I view radical Islam as more of a pawn used by larger players. The ultimate motivations aren't really religious.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2015, 09:36:17 AM »
And I don't think radicalism has "grown exponentially" globally over the past five years. If someone has data that supports this, I would easily be swayed, however.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2015, 10:09:28 AM »
cRusty . . . OMG, sometimes bro . . . I mean  :lol:

:thumbsup:

Well that's not very convincing

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2015, 10:17:28 AM »
cRusty, everyone knows that long term U.S. policy has lead to the formula that has created ISIS, but anyone with a brain (thus, it would exclude many around here) knows that it's been the Obama administrations policy in Syria (with cheerleading from idiots like McCain) that has made ISIS what is now.

To think, this dumba$$ administration is still contemplating training "moderate" coalitions of Syrian rebels . . . again.

Oh and you can thank the idiotic Libyan foray for helping ISIS as well.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:22:16 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2015, 10:24:11 AM »

cRusty, everyone knows that long term U.S. policy has lead to the formula that has created ISIS, but anyone with a brain (thus, it would exclude many around knows) that it's been the Obama administrations policy in Syria (with cheerleading from idiots like McCain) that has made ISIS what is now.

To think, this dumba$$ administration is still contemplating training "moderate" coalitions of Syrian rebels . . . again.

Oh and you can thank the idiotic Libyan foray for helping ISIS as well.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with all of that, but I don't think that constitutes an "exponential growth" in global extremism.

I would argue overthrowing Saddam and dismantling the Iraqi army and Baath party structure had far more to do with the growth of ISIS than our recent Syrian policy, but whatever.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2015, 10:44:54 AM »
No, not really.  But hey, you're a huge prog liberal, so, always lay the blame elsewhere, and never let a crisis go to waste.

I've consistently been critical of Obama's ISIS strategy and argued that the beheading videos shouldn't draw us into a stupid rough ridin' war (in other words, let that crisis go to waste). But keep kicking the crap out of those strawmen, dax. It's what you do!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2015, 11:00:12 AM »
has assad approved of us being in syria yet, or are we still there illegally?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2015, 11:01:32 AM »
Syria is almost entirely the child of the current administration, ISIS/ISIL has taken advantage of the fact that Syria has vast expanses not controlled by the Syrian government and that is wholly and exclusively to blame on the current administration and its proxies.   

wholly and exclusively to blame