Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99926 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2015, 08:29:08 AM »
I'm guessing the Charlie Hebdo folks are pretty liberal and would have been quite critical of American meddling in the Middle East - but you know they all had to be slaughtered cause they drew some offensive cartoons.... Anyway it's still Americas fault, somehow.
nobody (nobody) is defending the terrorists

No, but people are blaming the terrorism on prior Mideast policy, which I'm just pointing out is a pretty stupid thing to say.

These people are the same savages now that they were 100 years ago. That's one of the reasons why the Mideast was carved up the way it was by the more civilized nations.

The main problem is Islam itself. It has more doctrinal impediments to modernization, peace, and civilized behavior than other religions. As Bill Maher correctly points out, Islam just seems to have a lot more bad ideas than other religions. "There is something wrong with the Orchard."

Ignoring cause and effect is pretty rough ridin' stupid too.

True, but no dumber than inventing a cause for an effect that doesn't fit with the facts.

You know who totally supported western foreign policy? Those 200 or so Pakistani children massacred last month. Or that entire village of people massacred in Nigeria. #AmericasChickensComingHomeToRoost.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:32:09 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2015, 09:00:41 AM »
I really dislike websites that blast a video at me when I click on a link.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »
I'm guessing the Charlie Hebdo folks are pretty liberal and would have been quite critical of American meddling in the Middle East - but you know they all had to be slaughtered cause they drew some offensive cartoons.... Anyway it's still Americas fault, somehow.

No, but people are blaming the terrorism on prior Mideast policy, which I'm just pointing out is a pretty stupid thing to say.

These people are the same savages now that they were 100 years ago. That's one of the reasons why the Mideast was carved up the way it was by the more civilized nations.

The main problem is Islam itself. It has more doctrinal impediments to modernization, peace, and civilized behavior than other religions. As Bill Maher correctly points out, Islam just seems to have a lot more bad ideas than other religions. "There is something wrong with the Orchard."

True, but no dumber than inventing a cause for an effect that doesn't fit with the facts.

You know who totally supported western foreign policy? Those 200 or so Pakistani children massacred last month. Or that entire village of people massacred in Nigeria. #AmericasChickensComingHomeToRoost.

If you don't understand why previous actions and policies have caused animosity towards the west then I'm not really sure you understand the topic at all. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2015, 11:33:35 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if those people massacred didn't support western policy in their regions.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2015, 11:42:43 AM »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/09/21/why-do-they-hate-us-its-a-pretty-long-list/
""""""
Marayati — perhaps best known for equating jihad with Patrick Henry’s stance on “give me liberty or give me death” — explained that Muslim views are shaped around what they consider a series of U.S. foreign policy “blunders,” including a belief that:

The U.S. consistently supports Middle East dictators
The U.S. “sanctions” anti-Islam propaganda
Has controlled the natural and industrial resources of Muslim countries
“Blindly” supports Israel against the Palestinians
Kills Muslim civillians indiscriminately in drone attacks
“Destroyed Iraq” in both 1991 and 2003
Maintains a military presence throughout the Middle East
"""""

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2015, 12:16:51 PM »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/09/21/why-do-they-hate-us-its-a-pretty-long-list/
""""""
Marayati — perhaps best known for equating jihad with Patrick Henry’s stance on “give me liberty or give me death” — explained that Muslim views are shaped around what they consider a series of U.S. foreign policy “blunders,” including a belief that:

The U.S. consistently supports Middle East dictators
The U.S. “sanctions” anti-Islam propaganda
Has controlled the natural and industrial resources of Muslim countries
“Blindly” supports Israel against the Palestinians
Kills Muslim civillians indiscriminately in drone attacks
“Destroyed Iraq” in both 1991 and 2003
Maintains a military presence throughout the Middle East
"""""

LOL, I don't think you understand what's going on here

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »
I bet Joe Biden would have loved a free trip to Paris. :sad: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/01/media-slam-obamas-paris-snub-200928.html

I guess Obama was too busy polishing his Nobel, or dusting off his veto pen?

Eric Holder? He was probably too busy marching in another civil rights protest. Er, I guess he was actually in Paris at the time, but just couldn't make the event.

Wasn't a big deal though. Only 40 or so other world leaders.

Or maybe Obama just doesn't agree. This is the guy who recently blamed Benghazi on a YouTube video and told the UN "the future has no place for those who insult the prophet of Islam." There's a bunch of terrorists who couldn't agree more.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2015, 12:54:07 PM »
a US face is counterproductive in this situation.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2015, 12:56:52 PM »

If you don't understand why previous actions and policies have caused animosity towards the west then I'm not really sure you understand the topic at all.

I'm not denying that prior (and current) policy causes animosity - but to pretend that that is a significant factor in terrorism is absurd. Islam itself is unfortunately the main reason. There are billions of poor and oppressed people the world over - not just Muslims. And yet only the Muslims have this pervasive an extent of radicalism and terrorism.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2015, 12:58:29 PM »

:lol: Yeah, opposing terrorism is really counterproductive. Somebody could get hurt!

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »

:lol: And yet the president of France walks arm in arm down the street with Netanyahu.
jesus christ. do you not understand my point?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2015, 01:04:59 PM »

:lol: And yet the president of France walks arm in arm down the street with Netanyahu.

I understand it perfectly. And, I repeat: :lol: This isn't a situation where the U.S. is offering clandestine support to Muslim countries to oppose terrorism - this is Paris, France. These are the cats who gifted us the Statue of Liberty. Weak-knee'd as they have been in recent conflicts, they used to be one of our strongest allies.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »

I understand it perfectly. And, I repeat: :lol: This isn't a situation where the U.S. is offering clandestine support to Muslim countries to oppose terrorism - this is Paris, France. These are the cats who gifted us the Statue of Liberty. Weak-knee'd as they have been in recent conflicts, they used to be one of our strongest allies.
idk that you do. my point is that the cats who are making a point of their commitment to liberty don't need to be seen with the cats who torture and drone everything that moves.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2015, 01:32:54 PM »

idk that you do. my point is that the cats who are making a point of their commitment to liberty don't need to be seen with the cats who torture and drone everything that moves.

Yup, I got your point. That's why I'm laughing. The idea that is would be counterproductive to make a public show of opposition in Paris to an act of terrorism because we have taken the lead combat/intelligence role in fighting terrorism is pretty sad/funny.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2015, 01:40:24 PM »
Never mind - turns out Obama was there afterall.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2015, 01:44:05 PM »
great job making this terrorist attack about a photo op, conservatives.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2015, 01:49:30 PM »

I'm not denying that prior (and current) policy causes animosity - but to pretend that that is a significant factor in terrorism is absurd. Islam itself is unfortunately the main reason. There are billions of poor and oppressed people the world over - not just Muslims. And yet only the Muslims have this pervasive an extent of radicalism and terrorism.

It is a significant factor dumbass.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2015, 01:51:21 PM »
Most terrorist attacks are in places with really unstable governments (like Afghanistan and Iraq)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_2014

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2015, 01:51:40 PM »
self loathing Americans are the weirdest.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2015, 02:37:29 PM »
Most terrorist attacks are in places with really unstable governments (like Afghanistan and Iraq)

Funny - you don't see much terrorism in South American or Central American countries, home to some of the most corrupt governments on the planet. Violence seems to be almsot entirely drug/kidnapping related. Over a billion poor and oppressed people. American intervention in propping up corrupt regimes. What's different... Hmmm..... Oh yeah, Catholics.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2015, 02:53:44 PM »

Funny - you don't see much terrorism in South American or Central American countries, home to some of the most corrupt governments on the planet. Violence seems to be almsot entirely drug/kidnapping related. Over a billion poor and oppressed people. American intervention in propping up corrupt regimes. What's different... Hmmm..... Oh yeah, Catholics.

yes religion is the only difference

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2015, 03:13:36 PM »

Well, the drug cartels do murder people, kidnap, dismember bodies, etc. It seems the biggest difference between the two is that we don't call it terrorism in the west.

Oh yeah, Catholics.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:17:33 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »

Well, the drug cartels do murder people, kidnap, dismember bodies, etc. It seems the biggest difference between the two is that we don't call it terrorism in the west.

Oh yeah, Catholics.

Right. We don't call gang violence terrorism here, either. Now, if those gangs are murdeing people because they're insulting the Pope, or teaching girls how to read, or for not converting to Catholicism, then I'd call that terrorism. Is any of that happening sud of the border?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »

Oh yeah, Catholics.

Right. We don't call gang violence terrorism here, either. Now, if those gangs are murdeing people because they're insulting the Pope, or teaching girls how to read, or for not converting to Catholicism, then I'd call that terrorism. Is any of that happening sud of the border?

Our gangs don't commonly use the same tactics as Middle Eastern terrorists. Mexican drug cartels do. If you don't consider dismembering somebody a form of terrorism, then I guess things are all rosy south of the US.