Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 631315 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/08/03/nasl-npsl-teams-file-claim-over-promotionrelegation/

NASL, NPSL teams file claim over promotion/relegation
Two lower-tier teams in the U.S. have launched a claim with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to try and impose promotion and relegation in the U.S. Soccer pyramid.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i would probably bet my life that pro/rel will not be achieved by going through the courts.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that made me chuckle.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I wish Trump would deport every single pro/rel soccer dork.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i'm not at the base of it anti-pro/rel in North American Soccer. I'm anti the Pro/Rel Truthers, also anyone who thinks MLS franchise owners would go for it.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also, if we every see pro/rel at the top flight, it won't be due to court mandate, and it won't be rolling in NASL/USL and existing leagues into a pyramid. It would be an MLS and MLS2 still done exclusively with clubs that buy into the MLS structure, and that also will not happen.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i can't even imagine how devastating financially it would be to an mls franchise to be relegated to a meaningless conf.

i mean i have no idea but i have to think there are zillions of diehard Sunderland (or whatever) fans still mushing their way through the turnstiles no matter what. no mls franchise has that kind of fan base.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yea, if it ever came about it would just be MLS 1/MLS 2 type of thing, it's not just going to be hey, you won the NASL, you're now in MLS.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you can call the worthless 2nd tier conf whatever you want, joda

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i can't even imagine how devastating financially it would be to an mls franchise to be relegated to a meaningless conf.

i mean i have no idea but i have to think there are zillions of diehard Sunderland (or whatever) fans still mushing their way through the turnstiles no matter what. no mls franchise has that kind of fan base.

Yeah while there are a handful of NASL and USL teams that draw well, almost all of them would be mocked if they were MLS attendance numbers, and more than half of the current MLS clubs would have less than 30% to capacity attendance if they went down to MLS2/NASL/USL

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yea, if it ever came about it would just be MLS 1/MLS 2 type of thing, it's not just going to be hey, you won the NASL, you're now in MLS.
Yup, which is why I find it so damn funny NASL is trying to sue their way into a top division path.

Honestly if anything, NASL should be spearheading an effort to break USL and MLS's partnership and create a pyramid below MLS including NASL, USL, USL2, PDL, and the Canadian Premier league. Their best way to prove their concept would be to create the model they want independent of MLS and hope that drives something.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Vermes is far and away the best in MLS and that article is proof of it. Sunil would be an idiot not sign him up after the '18 WC, but if he doesn't, Sporting will ALWAYS be a playoff team, and be in the hunt for trophies.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
rough ridin' dropped two points

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If we could get one guy who likes to finish at the net.......(and Dom wasn't really cutting it either).......

No good reason that points were given away.  I also didn't appreciate their clydesdale running roughshod through our D on their goal mowing people down, but whatevs, it was too soft and they never should have allowed that situation to happen.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Carson Galaxy :love:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
anyone else going to be at the cup semi final tomorrow?  :cheers:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
anyone else going to be at the cup semi final tomorrow?  :cheers:

I have an extra ticket for one of you if you want to sit with sw and me

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i reserve the right to veto you actually sitting with us.

The Big Train

I don't think I can make this one

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i reserve the right to veto you actually sitting with us.
I was in until I saw that id get vetoed.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Sorry guys my idiot best friend and co season ticket holder got his days mixed up so he'll be using his ticket after all

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
WTF MAN?!!!!