Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3212685 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #17375 on: July 25, 2017, 03:27:12 PM »
I mean if they really wanna go that route

That video was posted to YouTube 11 years ago. Concussions are a lot less funny now that we know their potential long-term effects.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17376 on: July 25, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »

That video was posted to YouTube 11 years ago. Concussions are a lot less funny now that we know their potential long-term effects.

Who said it was funny? The point was if they really want to go down the "hur hur we knocked the stupid grape out" road, they can't even "win" that.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17377 on: July 25, 2017, 03:50:15 PM »

Who said it was funny? The point was if they really want to go down the "hur hur we knocked the stupid grape out" road, they can't even "win" that.

Well, I thought it was funny when it happened. Now I just hope the poor guy is able to form complete thoughts and sentences. :frown:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17378 on: July 25, 2017, 03:54:19 PM »
Remember when their best player running back guy got a concussion from hitting his head on their track and field stuff they shared the football playing field with? That was very sad  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17379 on: July 25, 2017, 04:53:26 PM »
Remember when their best player running back guy got a concussion from hitting his head on their track and field stuff they shared the football playing field with? That was very sad  :frown:

A long jump/vault runway was literally incorporated into their out-of-bounds line on that side of the field.   But KU people are weird and want the wall like right next to the field like Oklahoma State.   Man I hope on their reno that don't move the wall right up to the field like T. Boone Stadium.  It's like two steps and straight into a wall, very dangerous even with padding.   The deceleration area on K-State's sidelines are much preferable.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17380 on: July 25, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »
I like how the big play they gave up against K-State at 0:50 was a highlight only because Barnes got hurt during it.

If you are Barnes are you pissed that they glorified the spear then keep the camera as you catch your breath, out of bounds?

of course. low blow.

we should slip Beaty's "eff me" circa 2015 Dillons sunflower showdown into our hype video

The Big Train

« Reply #17381 on: July 25, 2017, 09:46:17 PM »
Finally watched it, man, what an incredible video that will go to waste once again  :frown:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17382 on: July 26, 2017, 12:35:12 PM »
#anygivensaturdayhawkaholic 
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17383 on: July 26, 2017, 01:51:04 PM »
Beaty on 810 talking about how amazing the hill is and said memorial is amazing and beautiful and if they did nothing to it that it would still be one of the best stadiums in the country but it's nice they're gonna do some updating to it.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17384 on: July 26, 2017, 02:10:47 PM »
Beaty on 810 talking about how amazing the hill is and said memorial is amazing and beautiful and if they did nothing to it that it would still be one of the best stadiums in the country but it's nice they're gonna do some updating to it.

he also mentioned they're going to have a "bowl type season" this year. sooo...  :excited:

Offline The Hill

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17385 on: July 26, 2017, 02:13:56 PM »
Just demolish the stadium and build a new one around me. No football field, just seats to stare at me for 3 hours every fall Saturday. I guarantee you won't have to give these tickets away at every gas station and fast food place in town to put butts in the seats.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:28:07 PM by The Hill »

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17386 on: July 26, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »

he also mentioned they're going to have a "bowl type season" this year. sooo...  :excited:

I LOL'd at that too... but you never know!

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17387 on: July 26, 2017, 02:40:00 PM »
wtf is a bowl type season?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17388 on: July 26, 2017, 02:41:22 PM »

3-5 wins

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17389 on: July 26, 2017, 03:04:24 PM »

3-5 wins

With a couple "we played well enough to win, but just couldn't catch any breaks" scattered in

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17390 on: July 26, 2017, 03:04:48 PM »
it's a really exciting time to be a jayhawk

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17391 on: July 26, 2017, 03:22:01 PM »

3-5 wins

With a couple "we played well enough to win, but just couldn't catch any breaks" scattered in
still being mathematically in the hunt for a bowl after daylight savings time ends

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17392 on: July 26, 2017, 04:10:15 PM »

Was probably a typo.  The original intent was to post the words bowel season.

Offline Coach Beaty

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17393 on: July 26, 2017, 05:58:55 PM »

Well it is a dadgum amazing hill and stadium.  When you beat Texas and you #EarnIt on and off the field good things do happen.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17394 on: July 26, 2017, 06:26:23 PM »
TBT, stop.

The Big Train

« Reply #17395 on: July 26, 2017, 07:05:53 PM »
:confused:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17396 on: July 26, 2017, 09:19:24 PM »
for the last time, ku football is not hurting.  they're back and it's time we get used to it. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17397 on: July 27, 2017, 09:28:58 AM »
Just demolish the stadium and build a new one around me. No football field, just seats to stare at me for 3 hours every fall Saturday. I guarantee you won't have to give these tickets away at every gas station and fast food place in town to put butts in the seats.

At first this was a great idea but a few concerns.  When do they wave the wheat?  These are farm kids and wheat is precious to them.  It is a very long tradition of ag appreciation. 

Also, a more new but just as cherished tradition is screaming Adam Sandler movie lines containing obscenities.  When would they be able to do this?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17398 on: July 27, 2017, 10:15:35 AM »

At first this was a great idea but a few concerns.  When do they wave the wheat?  These are farm kids and wheat is precious to them.  It is a very long tradition of ag appreciation. 

Also, a more new but just as cherished tradition is screaming Adam Sandler movie lines containing obscenities.  When would they be able to do this?

yell Adam Sandler lines when people walk on the hill grass.  wave the wheat everytime the penis building bell tolls.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17399 on: July 27, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »

yell Adam Sandler lines when people walk on the hill grass.  wave the wheat everytime the penis building bell tolls.

MM, thk. for the tips! :excited:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.