Author Topic: Texas Football is hurting  (Read 48503 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Football is hurting
« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2015, 08:59:28 AM »
Guys, they are really pissed off about the refs right now. They want to go to either the Pac 12 or Big 10 to get away from this shitty Big 12 officiating.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/163577-Big-12-exonerates-officiating-crew
Wow. They seem to not be very happy.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 29, 2015, 09:12:19 AM »
Quote from: Al_4_ISU
Oh, for eff's rough ridin' sake. Our coach went after the refs two years ago. Our AD called out the refs last year. Everyone laughed, you fuckheads included, because "haha Iowa State". We have been getting raped by this conference's officiating crews in both revenue sports since it's inception. Were in your corner on this. Every Big 12 game I watch features inexplicable calls that eff someone over. This whole league hates the rough ridin' refs. The reason it got so bad is because the schools that could do something about it weren't all that motivated. Well, now you are. We tried, no one listened. They'll listen to Texas.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2015, 09:25:06 AM »

Oh, for eff's rough ridin' sake. Our coach went after the refs two years ago. Our AD called out the refs last year. Everyone laughed, you fuckheads included, because "haha Iowa State". We have been getting raped by this conference's officiating crews in both revenue sports since it's inception. Were in your corner on this. Every Big 12 game I watch features inexplicable calls that eff someone over. This whole league hates the rough ridin' refs. The reason it got so bad is because the schools that could do something about it weren't all that motivated. Well, now you are. We tried, no one listened. They'll listen to Texas.

I hope that instantly made the Texas fans realize how ridiculous they are being.

Some awful calls, no doubt. But I would say the punter's inability to kick the ball beyond the line of scrimmage was a bigger factor in the loss...as was Strong's clock management.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline MIZMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2015, 01:17:07 PM »
Quote from: ShaggyTexas poster who is clearly hurting
Charlie Strong didn't get flagged for what he said. He got flagged for being a black head coach at 'tu' and saying what he said to an aggy with a penalty flag.

Coach Strong got uppity with an aggy who from his days in the aggy corps had never tolerated a black man calling bull$#@! bull$#@! and the aggy exactly reacted as one would expect. He put Charlie Strong back in his place. Or so he thought.

Walt Anderson and Bob Bolwsby can condone this bull$#@! all they want. This is absolute bull$#@! and Mike Perrin had better not also condone it. The good 'ol boy power structure in the Big 12 cannot be allowed to ensure the $#@!s behind this circus are allowed to escape accountability.

$#@! Walt Anderson, $#@! Bob Bowlsby, $#@! the "good 'ol boy Big 12 power structure" and $#@! the Big 12
Would I be a bad person if I pointed out that Texas A&M has a black coach of their own and that Walt Anderson is a Texas grad?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2015, 01:20:03 PM »
who's in the good ole boy Big 12 power structure?  I assumed that would be mostly Texas folks.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 29, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »
who's in the good ole boy Big 12 power structure?  I assumed that would be mostly Texas folks.
I envisioned him screaming that last sentence into a mirror.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 29, 2015, 01:38:36 PM »
Poor little University of Texas, getting pushed around and held down by the Big 12 power structure.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 29, 2015, 01:47:47 PM »

I hope that instantly made the Texas fans realize how ridiculous they are being.

Some awful calls, no doubt. But I would say the punter's inability to kick the ball beyond the line of scrimmage was a bigger factor in the loss...as was Strong's clock management.

I was kind of hoping the filter would change that to "rough ridin's rough ridin' sake."

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2015, 02:12:26 PM »
I never thought I'd see the day that Texas fans claimed an officiating conspiracy against them and cried racism.

The Big 12 is shitty this year and our offense is horrid, but this is shaping up to be a very fun season.

Offline MIZMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2015, 02:41:23 PM »
I never thought I'd see the day that Texas fans claimed an officiating conspiracy against them and cried racism.

The Big 12 is shitty this year and our offense is horrid, but this is shaping up to be a very fun season.
My favorite was the guy who said something along the lines of "I usually hate it when people play the race card, but this time it's totally justified".

It's a pretty amazing coincidence that the only time this white dude from Austin has ever agreed with playing the race card just happens to also be the one time that it supports his agenda.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2015, 02:54:56 PM »
Who knew about the double super secret stealth probation that is keeping Texas down?   :dunno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2015, 01:56:15 PM »
1.  I would expect shaggy to have some self awareness on this matter.  They got effed but on some judgment calls and when their coach went batshit on a ref.  they have won a dick ton of games on bad calls.

2.  Go to the SEC and see how those refs treat the University of Texas.  LOL

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2015, 03:03:34 PM »
They better take that UA money and be happy about it. If Adidas gave James Harden $200 million, UA may give Texas half a bil.

The Big Train

« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2015, 05:32:15 PM »
They better take that UA money and be happy about it. If Adidas gave James Harden $200 million, UA may give Texas half a bil.

:barf:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »
It would be a major coup and windfall for Texas to go to UA or Adidas. That being said, Nike and Texas would be better served staying together.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2015, 08:30:43 PM »
It would be a major coup and windfall for Texas to go to UA or Adidas. That being said, Nike and Texas would be better served staying together.

not really at all.  the only way ua or adidas get a chance to bid on the ut contract is if nike allows them to.  if ut goes somwhere else, it's because nike chose to let them go.  not a coup in any way.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2015, 10:19:01 PM »

not really at all.  the only way ua or adidas get a chance to bid on the ut contract is if nike allows them to.  if ut goes somwhere else, it's because nike chose to let them go.  not a coup in any way.

I don't remember where I saw it, but I think Patterson was burning bridges with Nike, and that was one of the many reasons he fell out of favor so quickly.  They didn't trust him to execute this process in the best interest of Texas, regardless of who they ultimately picked.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »
1.  I would expect shaggy to have some self awareness on this matter.  They got effed but on some judgment calls and when their coach went batshit on a ref.  they have won a dick ton of games on bad calls.

2.  Go to the SEC and see how those refs treat the University of Texas. LOL

Not sure it would matter... Having seen what Mizzou and aggy have done in the SEC, Texas would likely run off about 7 straight nattys without even breaking a sweat over there.

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2015, 11:28:42 AM »
  :frown:

Another special teams blunder led to a safety and a TD on the ensuing possession. They're broken right now.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »
You'd think the punter would be worth a crap as often as he gets to kick. Nope.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
texas is terrible at every aspect of football. every. one. ever. y. one.