Author Topic: massive racist self calls player spear chucker and liar  (Read 12655 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: massive racist self calls player spear chucker and liar
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2014, 08:20:26 AM »
http://www.zoocrew.eu/conservation.php?mode=archive&id=7

Amboseli National Park, Kenya

In Kenya, conflicts between animals and people are also a big issue. Here, the Leo Foundation is involved in a collaboration project with Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS) around Amboseli National Park. The Park is completely surrounded by Masai, a community of warriors. To become a man, it is tradition amongst the Masai to spear a lion. And, as in the Cameroonian study lions are killed in retaliation of attacking livestock. Thus, lions that appear near Masai settlements are killed more quickly than in Cameroon.

As lions are a huge tourist attraction, Kenyan government tries to keep lions to their assigned but restricted areas and lion populations up to the mark. Because if local people keep killing lions, the government looses a significant source of income.

With support of the Leo Foundation five lions have been GPS/radio-collared in Amboseli National Park between July 2007 and August 2008. We saw that the animals left the Park in November and December in 2007 and 2008. During this time, the researchers got reports of conflicts from the local people. The collars have an SMS function which enables researchers to alert local Masai that lions are in their vicinity. This tool is directly beneficial for Masai during ongoing research and provides researchers with a way of informing local people about lions in their awareness campaigns.

Embid is not a Masai warrior.  But I bet they all look the same to you, huh?

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
  • Everyone's a little douche'e sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2014, 11:00:10 AM »
http://www.zoocrew.eu/conservation.php?mode=archive&id=7

Amboseli National Park, Kenya

In Kenya, conflicts between animals and people are also a big issue. Here, the Leo Foundation is involved in a collaboration project with Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS) around Amboseli National Park. The Park is completely surrounded by Masai, a community of warriors. To become a man, it is tradition amongst the Masai to spear a lion. And, as in the Cameroonian study lions are killed in retaliation of attacking livestock. Thus, lions that appear near Masai settlements are killed more quickly than in Cameroon.

As lions are a huge tourist attraction, Kenyan government tries to keep lions to their assigned but restricted areas and lion populations up to the mark. Because if local people keep killing lions, the government looses a significant source of income.

With support of the Leo Foundation five lions have been GPS/radio-collared in Amboseli National Park between July 2007 and August 2008. We saw that the animals left the Park in November and December in 2007 and 2008. During this time, the researchers got reports of conflicts from the local people. The collars have an SMS function which enables researchers to alert local Masai that lions are in their vicinity. This tool is directly beneficial for Masai during ongoing research and provides researchers with a way of informing local people about lions in their awareness campaigns.

Embid is not a Masai warrior.  But I bet they all look the same to you, huh?

"And, as in the Cameroonian study lions are killed in retaliation of attacking livestock"

Limestone-You have been weighed on the scales and been found wanting.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:14:30 AM by KSUblacklab »
Did you know Kansas State's first mascot was a black lab?

I don't like master threads as much as others. I mean, they have there purpose. But, so do new threads.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2014, 11:52:28 AM »
I learned in Harold Prins' Cultural Anthropology course that cattle are a form of currency for the Masai.

Since according to ksublacklab everyone from Cameroon kills lions like the Masai, they must all use cattle for currency too, right ksublacklab?

How many head of cattle do you think Doug Compton had to shell out to land this kid, ksublacklab?

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
  • Everyone's a little douche'e sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »

Nov 15th

Joel-Hans Embiid

@MichaelBlackson it s over for u I m from Africa too..Next time u come here, I m gonna show u why they call me LION KILLER!! I killed a lion

https://twitter.com/jojo_embiid/status/401561957527863296
Did you know Kansas State's first mascot was a black lab?

I don't like master threads as much as others. I mean, they have there purpose. But, so do new threads.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2014, 03:17:28 PM »
I see u found my parody account, blackbob