Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 299499 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #2625 on: March 14, 2024, 05:48:34 PM »
favorite part of yesterday, after the trev news, rhule posts a video on his twitter with paul harvey's "God created a farmer" speech.

:love:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: March 18, 2024, 10:24:20 PM »
favorite part of yesterday, after the trev news, rhule posts a video on his twitter with paul harvey's "God created a farmer" speech.

:love:

good day!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: March 19, 2024, 06:44:42 AM »
Trev said that he was attracted to aTm's connections to agriculture and the military.  Didn't mention that he's mumped up pretty bad on football hires and can't afford another eff up or his own people will turn on him faster than they turned on their own Scott Frost, as they are fickle and have an absurdly inflated self importance, just like aTm.

This one is fascinating to me, because I think less of them both than any other sports organizations ever in the history of mankind.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: March 19, 2024, 08:36:57 AM »
Congrats to Trev when he receives his buyout settlement in 2028

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: March 19, 2024, 08:38:41 AM »
Yep

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: March 19, 2024, 09:47:04 AM »
Yep

Yeah hard to ignore a slot machine that always pays out
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: March 19, 2024, 12:01:16 PM »
I don't think any reasonable person can dispute the meaning of Trev leaving NU...which includes:

1.  Trev has serious doubts about Rhule's ability to meet boosters' expectations.

2.  Trev is concerned he'll be held responsible for any grievances with Rhule.

3.  After spending only 3 years at his alma mater, a place that he spoke of frequently as his "home" blah blah blah, increasing his own personal wealth is much more important to him that NU.

4. Trev knows that he doesn't really have a job to do at aTm until aTm's football coach gets fired, and at that point he'll have another 3 years of free money until he either finds his next job or gets canned.

To sum up, I think it was a very smart move.  Perhaps Trev is like me and hates the crap out of Nebraska?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: March 19, 2024, 12:16:00 PM »
I think a very large part of it is the absolute rough ridin' shitshow the Nebraska BOR has made of the state academic institutions. There's a reason the president, chancellor, and provost all got the eff out. the BOR is supposed to name a priority candidate for the pres. job tomorrow. You can rest assured it'll be some shithead (unless they've learned their lesson).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: March 19, 2024, 01:00:10 PM »
I think a very large part of it is the absolute rough ridin' shitshow the Nebraska BOR has made of the state academic institutions. There's a reason the president, chancellor, and provost all got the eff out. the BOR is supposed to name a priority candidate for the pres. job tomorrow. You can rest assured it'll be some shithead (unless they've learned their lesson).

I read that people think he was making reference to the DEI stuff but he's going to Texas and Texas A&M who will almost certainly cut DEI as well. Apparently there's talk within college athletics that states who are explicit in eliminating DEI programs will have some difficulties with recruiting. I have serious doubts about that.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: March 20, 2024, 02:31:26 PM »

I read that people think he was making reference to the DEI stuff but he's going to Texas and Texas A&M who will almost certainly cut DEI as well. Apparently there's talk within college athletics that states who are explicit in eliminating DEI programs will have some difficulties with recruiting. I have serious doubts about that.

It's not "almost certainly". Texas is one of the states that has made DEI at public universities against the law. I would say more, but it would Pit the hell up out of this thread.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: March 20, 2024, 02:50:31 PM »

It's not "almost certainly". Texas is one of the states that has made DEI at public universities against the law. I would say more, but it would Pit the hell up out of this thread.

Well, that's basically what NE did as well so sideways move at worst.