Author Topic: West Point studies Far-Right  (Read 1421 times)

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
West Point studies Far-Right
« on: January 17, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
"The center — part of the institution where men and women are molded into Army officers — posted the report Tuesday. It lumps limited government activists with three movements it identifies as “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement."
The West Point center typically focuses reports on al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists attempting to gain power in Asia, the Middle East and Africa through violence."

"...the report also draws a link between the mainstream conservative movement and the violent “far right,” and describes liberals as “future oriented” and conservatives as living in the past."

"...far-right groups’ ideology is designed to exclude minorities and foreigners, the liberal-democratic system is designed to emphasize civil rights, minority rights and the balance of power."

:lol:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/17/west-point-center-cites-dangers-far-right-us/

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
untuck manhattan

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: West Point studies Far-Right
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »
"The center — part of the institution where men and women are molded into Army officers — posted the report Tuesday. It lumps limited government activists with three movements it identifies as “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement."
The West Point center typically focuses reports on al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists attempting to gain power in Asia, the Middle East and Africa through violence."

"...the report also draws a link between the mainstream conservative movement and the violent “far right,” and describes liberals as “future oriented” and conservatives as living in the past."

"...far-right groups’ ideology is designed to exclude minorities and foreigners, the liberal-democratic system is designed to emphasize civil rights, minority rights and the balance of power."

:lol:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/17/west-point-center-cites-dangers-far-right-us/
Why would it compare "far" right groups to the mainstream liberal-democratic system?  wouldn't a better comparison be to "far" left groups?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:53:07 PM »
What a surprise. A think tank led by a government paid college social sciences professor posts an anti-conservative study without details.  :party:

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:02:13 PM »
I don't usually post here (in birther pit), because most people who spend their days worrying and arguing about politics are complete morons, BUT... this study is so stupid it hurts. People are people. There are far right racists and far left racists and there are people from both the right and the left worth knowing and befriending and chatting and well, you get the picture. This is stupid.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
West Point studies Far-Right
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:08:28 PM »
I would be willing to bet there are far far less far left racists.

That does not mean that these individuals aren't incredible dicks/dbags.

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 11:12:50 PM »
I would be willing to bet there are far far less far left racists.

That does not mean that these individuals aren't incredible dicks/dbags.

Would take that bet depending on who the judges are in the "racist" contest.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 11:14:02 PM »
I don't usually post here (in birther pit), because most people who spend their days worrying and arguing about politics are complete morons, BUT... this study is so stupid it hurts. People are people. There are far right racists and far left racists and there are people from both the right and the left worth knowing and befriending and chatting and well, you get the picture. This is stupid.

You have your own thread, named after you, and pinned to the top of the pit. :dubious:

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 11:16:49 PM »

You have your own thread, named after you, and pinned to the top of the pit. :dubious:

Denied. I am not Fanning.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 03:21:45 AM »
What a surprise. A think tank led by a government paid college social sciences professor posts an anti-conservative study without details.  :party:
Only you would be so stupid. 
http://www.ctc.usma.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ChallengersFromtheSidelines.pdf
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 05:48:14 AM »
Butthurt engage

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »
http://www.ctc.usma.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ChallengersFromtheSidelines.pdf

That is a dangerous opinion piece that paints more than half the country as white supremacists nazis. Horrendous.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 03:51:50 PM »

That is a dangerous opinion piece that paints more than half the country as white supremacists nazis. Horrendous.

Really? I've lost count the number of times I've heard the average everyday conservatives say that if President ObAMa takes their guns the SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN.
untuck manhattan

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »

#msnbc thread
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd