Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1293070 times)

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
no, don't want to be in pot 3 for ucl draw again

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
We’re all pulling for Liverpool in the CL final, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

feck off

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We’re all pulling for Liverpool in the CL final, right?

feck off
Whoa.  That’s mean. I always root for Everton stay above relegation.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm delighted to see garbage'y Stoke go down. I wish West Ham was joining them. At this point I'm just rooting for Southampton to stay up. I guess if I had to pick I'd say send Huddersfield down and keep Swansea up since their Welsh rivals Cardiff City will be joining us in the Premier leauge again next season.

Tiny Championship update: Preston finished 7th, missing out on a playoff spot by just 2 points :frown: It'll be Fulham v Derby County and Aston Villa v Boro to see who joins Wolves and Cardiff in being promoted. Out of those four I'd say go Fulham because I like Craven Cottage.

I’d prefer Villa, but Chelsea fans finding a way to get 10k fans into the cottage again would be fun.

Also maybe Europa will be fun. Ugh :-/

I also am not looking forward to another managerial search.
I can assure you there is nothing fun about Europa until the final. Playing Thursday-Sunday seems to really be an issue. Who is on your shortlist for new manager? And where do you think Antonio will end up?

i'll be honest, with my new job and other time commitments my Chelsea fandom has suffered a bit, i'm not sure where Conte will end up, just know he's getting the sack after the Cup Final. I think we'll look at Enrique or Allgeri. if neither one of those come i wouldn't be surprised if we do a 2 or 3 year run with Carlo again.

Conte shouldn't be fired, at some point that club should be stabilized and support good managers, there's only so many. How does Roman not understand that his managerial philosophy is destabilizing?

i don't disagree

because Chelsea still continues to win more trophies in his reign as owner than anyone else

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
[youtube]https://youtu.be/OTZT8l3SjzA[/youtube]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm delighted to see garbage'y Stoke go down. I wish West Ham was joining them. At this point I'm just rooting for Southampton to stay up. I guess if I had to pick I'd say send Huddersfield down and keep Swansea up since their Welsh rivals Cardiff City will be joining us in the Premier leauge again next season.

Tiny Championship update: Preston finished 7th, missing out on a playoff spot by just 2 points :frown: It'll be Fulham v Derby County and Aston Villa v Boro to see who joins Wolves and Cardiff in being promoted. Out of those four I'd say go Fulham because I like Craven Cottage.

I’d prefer Villa, but Chelsea fans finding a way to get 10k fans into the cottage again would be fun.

Also maybe Europa will be fun. Ugh :-/

I also am not looking forward to another managerial search.
I can assure you there is nothing fun about Europa until the final. Playing Thursday-Sunday seems to really be an issue. Who is on your shortlist for new manager? And where do you think Antonio will end up?

i'll be honest, with my new job and other time commitments my Chelsea fandom has suffered a bit, i'm not sure where Conte will end up, just know he's getting the sack after the Cup Final. I think we'll look at Enrique or Allgeri. if neither one of those come i wouldn't be surprised if we do a 2 or 3 year run with Carlo again.

Conte shouldn't be fired, at some point that club should be stabilized and support good managers, there's only so many. How does Roman not understand that his managerial philosophy is destabilizing?

i don't disagree

because Chelsea still continues to win more trophies in his reign as owner than anyone else

This is true, but again, how many more top flight managers are left out there that will want to be subjected to this? Conte has been on the hot seat since he's gotten there. Finishing fifth out of the big six clubs shouldn't cost you a job after you've won the league.

Of course I'd be willing to take all of this back if they wanted to hire Jose again.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yeah, i don't disagree just pointing out why Roman is still continuing to do what he does.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's Fulham and Villa for all the marbles. Best of luck to one of our own, fun muffin.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
if history tells us anything its that a John Terry captained side isn't going to lose to Fulham. Villa will be back in the PL

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
It's Fulham and Villa for all the marbles. Best of luck to one of our own, fun muffin.

I'm so excited for this game!!!  Mitro has been immense all spring.  I like our chances. 

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm so excited for this game!!!  Mitro has been immense all spring.  I like our chances.
I completely forgot John Terry was at Villa now. Should be a great game, I'm behind you 100%. I like your chances too with the wonder kid Sessegnon. He's been a joy to watch and should be going to the WC imo after seeing England's roster this morning.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The city of Madrid just won their first of two European titles this season. Congrats to Atleti and now on to Real.

And I say this probably once a year but Alexi Lalas is insufferable as a color commentator. I hope he doesn't get any WC matches.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The city of Madrid just won their first of two European titles this season. Congrats to Atleti and now on to Real.

And I say this probably once a year but Alexi Lalas is insufferable as a color commentator. I hope he doesn't get any WC matches.

Lalas is going to be a studio analyst.

Broadcasting pairings for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ are listed below:

Play-by-Play / Analyst
John Strong & Stu Holden
JP Dellacamera & Tony Meola
Derek Rae & Aly Wagner
Glenn Davis & Cobi Jones
Jorge Perez Navarro & Mariano Trujillo
Mark Followill & Warren Barton

Studio Analysts
Hernan Crespo
Guus Hiddink
Alexi Lalas
Lothar Matthäus
Moises Muñoz
Kelly Smith
Ian Wright

Studio Hosts
Rob Stone
Kate Abdo
Fernando Fiore
Ian Joy

Reporters
Rachel Bonnetta (Digital)
Sergey Gordeev (National Geographic)
Maria Komandnaya
Rodolfo Landeros
Geoff Shreeves
Jenny Taft

Correspondent-at-Large
Grant Wahl

Rules Analyst
Dr. Joe Machnik

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thank you sw. That's some good news

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys...... just over a week to go....#sonervous

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Idk what you’re talking about. The biggest trophy in European club football is tomorrow.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Idk what you’re talking about. The biggest trophy in European club football is tomorrow.
Arguably the biggest game in world soccer, Fulham-Villa, is next weekend and I'm getting nervous as well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:15:49 AM by Spaces »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That first half was a real snooze fest .

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
eff Jose

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hated those commentators too

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile