Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1292975 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )
« Reply #16202 on: April 24, 2018, 04:12:35 PM »
Hated that Liverpool gave up those two goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: April 24, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
The two biggest best and most prestigious clubs in England going at it for the most important trophy in club football. Wouldn’t have it any other way. United vs Chelsea the two titans of the beautiful game for the FA Cup the only prize that matters.
Great for the game. It's not every year you get to watch the two towering giants of the English game go head to head for the most illustrious prize in world club soccer.  You couldn't dream up a better World Cup appetizer.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #16204 on: April 24, 2018, 04:21:49 PM »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: April 24, 2018, 04:48:06 PM »
When you're a big club, you can do crap like this right spaces? https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/988863181048176647?s=21

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: April 25, 2018, 08:18:28 AM »
Looks like Chelsea got that bit of business wrong but who would've guessed at the time. And didn't they go on to win the league anyway?

And Mourinho won't mind will he? Last time he met Salah, he played Ashley Young at left back who pocketed him and he won the game. But nice tweet Paddy Power   :thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: April 25, 2018, 08:28:58 AM »

You're not comfortable with a three goal cushion?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16208 on: April 25, 2018, 08:57:14 AM »

You're not comfortable with a three goal cushion?

When you see what Roma did to Barca you can't be completely comfortable but I'm happy with the result.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
btw MIR, who do you wanna see leave/join in the summer? I really hope they don't sell Martial.  :frown:

And are you still #MourinhoOut? If so, who should be next?

As for Mou, it's playing out exactly like I thought it would, so yeah, I want him gone. He has helped put together a good club but there is constant drama around the team and I think the players don't perform as well as they can because of it. The Pogba stuff is something you'll always have with a Mourhino squad, he can't help himself. Martial even being mentioned in terms of being sold is ridiculous. Look at this sentence
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho hinted to Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial that he can not guarantee regular them regular football at Old Trafford.
what in the holy eff are we talking about here?

This bullshit was so predictable, his ego is just too much.
https://twitter.com/RedDevilArmada1/status/992074244786999296
https://twitter.com/KingMartiaI/status/992049316461268994

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well that was a fun El Clasico.
Suarez is still a trash human.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
its going to be super frustraiting tying with GBR FC for 4th place and lose out on CL because of GD because we had some of the most maddening losses and ties this season. ugh.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
its going to be super frustraiting tying with GBR FC for 4th place and lose out on CL because of GD because we had some of the most maddening losses and ties this season. ugh.
it's going to be even worse when they draw with Brighton but you draw with Rafa

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who do you guys want to get sent down? Normally I'd pick the baggies, easily, but I cheer for black coaches 99% of the time. However, my Saints are sitting right there too and they both cannot make it. The Swans are sentimental as well. I wish there were more shitty squads down there that no one cares about, like Burnley, Watford, and Bournemouth.

The Baggies are mumped, so I would like the swans and saints to draw tomorrow, both win on Sunday and nondescript Huddersfield to lose out.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm delighted to see garbage'y Stoke go down. I wish West Ham was joining them. At this point I'm just rooting for Southampton to stay up. I guess if I had to pick I'd say send Huddersfield down and keep Swansea up since their Welsh rivals Cardiff City will be joining us in the Premier leauge again next season.

Tiny Championship update: Preston finished 7th, missing out on a playoff spot by just 2 points :frown: It'll be Fulham v Derby County and Aston Villa v Boro to see who joins Wolves and Cardiff in being promoted. Out of those four I'd say go Fulham because I like Craven Cottage.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm delighted to see garbage'y Stoke go down. I wish West Ham was joining them. At this point I'm just rooting for Southampton to stay up. I guess if I had to pick I'd say send Huddersfield down and keep Swansea up since their Welsh rivals Cardiff City will be joining us in the Premier leauge again next season.

Tiny Championship update: Preston finished 7th, missing out on a playoff spot by just 2 points :frown: It'll be Fulham v Derby County and Aston Villa v Boro to see who joins Wolves and Cardiff in being promoted. Out of those four I'd say go Fulham because I like Craven Cottage.

I’d prefer Villa, but Chelsea fans finding a way to get 10k fans into the cottage again would be fun.

Also maybe Europa will be fun. Ugh :-/

I also am not looking forward to another managerial search.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I’d prefer Villa, but Chelsea fans finding a way to get 10k fans into the cottage again would be fun.

I can assure you there is nothing fun about Europa until the final. Playing Thursday-Sunday seems to really be an issue. Who is on your shortlist for new manager? And where do you think Antonio will end up?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I can assure you there is nothing fun about Europa until the final. Playing Thursday-Sunday seems to really be an issue. Who is on your shortlist for new manager? And where do you think Antonio will end up?

i'll be honest, with my new job and other time commitments my Chelsea fandom has suffered a bit, i'm not sure where Conte will end up, just know he's getting the sack after the Cup Final. I think we'll look at Enrique or Allgeri. if neither one of those come i wouldn't be surprised if we do a 2 or 3 year run with Carlo again.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
:)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
What a day!

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Welp, is was fun while it lasted, can only bleed assets for so long before it bites you in the ass. Hopefully we keep a strongish squad together and it’s only a year absence. Until then, Go Cherries and whatever team plays Cardiff. :buh-bye:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

i'll be honest, with my new job and other time commitments my Chelsea fandom has suffered a bit, i'm not sure where Conte will end up, just know he's getting the sack after the Cup Final. I think we'll look at Enrique or Allgeri. if neither one of those come i wouldn't be surprised if we do a 2 or 3 year run with Carlo again.

Conte shouldn't be fired, at some point that club should be stabilized and support good managers, there's only so many. How does Roman not understand that his managerial philosophy is destabilizing?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Welp, is was fun while it lasted, can only bleed assets for so long before it bites you in the ass. Hopefully we keep a strongish squad together and it’s only a year absence. Until then, Go Cherries and whatever team plays Cardiff. :buh-bye:

Sorry bud, we'll miss the swans. Don't pull a Sunderland, the championship is no joke.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We’re all pulling for Liverpool in the CL final, right?