Author Topic: 2017 in Review (Pit Style)  (Read 4181 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
2017 in Review (Pit Style)
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »
There's blame on both sides puni, remember?

This appears to be the latest liberal mythology, just like “hands up don’t shoot.” No rational person can deny that Antifa came armed to the protest and poured gasoline on the fire in Charlottesville, but to liberals it is an outrage for Trump to say there was blame on both sides. See Point 3 of my negatives list.
That is an argument for "there are bad people on both sides".  Your dear leader's argument was that "there are very fine people on both sides." That argument is clearly false. There are no "very fine" white supremacists. There are no  "very fine" Neo-Nazis.
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 in Review (Pit Style)
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »
There's blame on both sides puni, remember?

This appears to be the latest liberal mythology, just like “hands up don’t shoot.” No rational person can deny that Antifa came armed to the protest and poured gasoline on the fire in Charlottesville, but to liberals it is an outrage for Trump to say there was blame on both sides. See Point 3 of my negatives list.
That is an argument for "there are bad people on both sides".  Your dear leader's argument was that "there are very fine people on both sides." That argument is clearly false. There are no "very fine" white supremacists. There are no  "very fine" Neo-Nazis.

So again, to support your mythology, you have cherry picked 8 words from remarks made off the cuff. Here is the full context....

REPORTER: You said there was hatred and violence on both sides?

TRUMP: I do think there is blame – yes, I think there is blame on both sides. You look at, you look at both sides. I think there’s blame on both sides, and I have no doubt about it, and you don't have any doubt about it either. And, and, and, and if you reported it accurately, you would say.

REPORTER: The neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville.

TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

And his follow up comments....

I watched those very closely, much more closely than you people watched it. And you have -- you had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent, and nobody wants to say that, but I'll say it right now. You had a group -- you had a group on the other side that came charging in without a permit, and they were very, very violent."

Which is all perfectly sensible and accurate.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 11:20:30 PM »
I don’t understand what about that context makes you think it is some kind of comeback to the comments posted so far.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 11:26:11 PM »
I don’t understand what about that context makes you think it is some kind of comeback to the comments posted so far.

The context is kdub being ok with the president empowering nazis cause it owns the libs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 11:41:47 PM »

It is perfectly reasonable to point out that (1) not everyone protesting the removal of confederate monuments is a nazi or white nationalist, and (2) there was blame on both sides for the violence in Charlottesville. If you don’t understand that, or cannot acknowledge that, it goes to my Negatives #3.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 11:55:21 PM »
Resident libs just being willfully ignorant as usual.  Catastrophe might be this stupid, but the rest have no excuse.  :frown:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 10:47:02 AM »
Relax buddy you are 25 % thru the Trump
Presidency
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 12:21:08 PM »
Kdub, would you rate trump's first year as great, good, okay, or other?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 12:28:57 PM »

and try to measure it w/o considering lib butthurt as a factor

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 12:31:50 PM »
I wish I was more surprised at K-S-U listing the Antifa but not Nazis

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »
A year with more people being killed in mass shootings then ever before is pretty amazing year because tax cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2017, 09:25:58 PM »
I think just any interview Trump does with the New York Times immediately reveals what a complete moron he is.  That has been a good part of 2017.

https://twitter.com/dylanlscott/status/946564778142650368

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2017, 09:34:17 PM »
How unexpected. A 2017 in review thread has devolved into liberals posting random butthurt tweets about Trump... Isn’t there another thread, or 20, you can clutter with this crap?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 09:37:13 PM »
How unexpected. A 2017 in review thread has devolved into liberals posting random butthurt tweets about Trump... Isn’t there another thread, or 20, you can clutter with this crap?

No, this fits here.

The Big Train

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2017, 09:49:56 PM »

and try to measure it w/o considering lib butthurt as a factor

I’m still anxiously awaiting the response to this. However it may never happen because lib butthurt is such a big part of what was so successful.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »

I’d say okay, maybe a C or C+. As I mentioned above, he’s been marvelous for the economy, and refreshingly pro-America regarding immigration, energy production, and foreign policy. He is significantly reforming the judiciary for the better, and he’s made some stellar cabinet picks like Betsy DeVos and Scott Pruitt.

He’s also done a fairly remarkable job of keeping his base - thanks largely to twitter - despite a rabidly partisan media applying an absurd double standard vis a vis his predecessor, and swampy federal bureaucrats.

But the Jeff Sessions pick for AG was a spectacular if unforeseeable disaster, resulting in both a recusal that ultimately led to appointment of a special prosecutor and loss of a safe senate seat. Failure to fire Comey on Day 1 was also a big mistake. The independent counsel, despite finding not a whiff so far of what it was charged to investigate - Russian COLUSION to interfere with the election - has now broadened its scope as special prosecutors always do. While unlikely to finger Trump directly, it will continue to dog much if not all of his presidency.

Trump’s biggest failing is that, because he is a populist, and he despises establishment pubs (and the feeling is mutual) he has neglected to adequately engage and lead the pub majorities in congress. The Obamacare repeal collapse was a disaster and Trump bears some of the blame for that.

So good and bad, overall ok. Hoping he steps up his game with congress in 2018.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:56:08 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2017, 09:57:05 PM »
how do you rate mike pence's first year as veep?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2017, 10:20:45 PM »

Seems like he made a good call on the #MeToo front.

The Big Train

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2017, 10:21:47 PM »

Seems like he made a good call on the #MeToo front.

Explain please.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2017, 12:10:02 AM »
Mike Pence won’t associate with women because he will sexually assault them if he does.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2017, 03:14:29 AM »

can we get a ruling on the impact of tweeting by POTUS in year one from a "always trump" supporter?  What is the thought when he fires off a tweetstorm off message?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2017, 08:18:08 AM »
Good roundup of 10 big stories of 2017 that didn’t get the coverage they deserved.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-davis-ten-undercovered-20171228-story.html

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2017, 06:08:10 PM »

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »
Scott's the man  :cool: