Author Topic: classic  (Read 3179 times)

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
classic
« on: May 21, 2010, 12:09:12 AM »
BP is marshaling equipment for an attempt as early as Sunday at a "top kill," which involves pumping heavy mud into the top of the blown-out well to try to plug the gusher. A top kill has been used before above ground, but like other methods BP is exploring, it has never been attempted 5,000 feet underwater.

If it doesn't work, the backup plans include a "junk shot"—shooting golf balls, shredded tires, knotted rope and other material into the well to clog it up.

God I hope this happens

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: classic
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:28:30 AM »
BP is marshaling equipment for an attempt as early as Sunday at a "top kill," which involves pumping heavy mud into the top of the blown-out well to try to plug the gusher. A top kill has been used before above ground, but like other methods BP is exploring, it has never been attempted 5,000 feet underwater.

If it doesn't work, the backup plans include a "junk shot"—shooting golf balls, shredded tires, knotted rope and other material into the well to clog it up.

God I hope this happens

Then you get environazis complaining that we're littering.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »

God I hope this happens

Sounds to me like we're recycling

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 07:11:46 AM »

God I hope this happens

Agreed, but remember, to them, big everything "big oil" does is evil.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 07:17:02 AM »

God I hope this happens

Agreed, but remember, to them, big everything "big oil" does is evil.

Well, this whole thing is pretty evil :dunno:   WORLD FORUM!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 07:17:29 AM »
Seriously..how the eff does this happen? Sometimes we regress back to the stone age...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:31:06 AM by WillieWannabe »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »
lack of regulation.  domestic water plumbing requires shut off or isolation valves at certain locations at every building.  why doesnt plumbing that carries high volumes of oil under the sea have them?  prolly be cause they dont have to.  Bad regs.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 07:31:22 AM »
this seems like the wrong thread to whine about "environazis".  :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 07:32:34 AM »
I do love that this is what it's come to, though.  They should have just started throwing golf balls and mud and tires into the hole from the start.  Would have been hilarious.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 07:54:23 AM »
Will be fun when oil covered Top-Flites start washing up on beaches all over the south.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 07:59:26 AM »
Will be fun when oil covered Top-Flites start washing up on beaches all over the south.

Would love to go for a beach stroll with my 7 iron and whack them back into the water as I came across them

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 08:01:39 AM »

Would love to go for a beach stroll with my 7 iron and whack them back into the water as I came across them

Would be excellent. 

They should just bring down hundreds of golfers and give them a bunch of old golf balls and let them tee off.  Seems like it would do about the same thing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 08:53:33 AM »
They already have a big ass box there.  Drop the box on the well, fill the box with Sham Wows.  Make sure to get the Sham Wows slightly damp first(otherwise they are worthless).

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 09:30:30 AM »
SNL had a great skit last week with the BP execs discussing a variety of "plans" to stop the leak.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 12:31:38 AM »
Just watching the latest from Sanjay Gupta and AC on CNN doing their special reporting on the situation. Somehow after the break, they're getting ready to drag Joran Van Der Sloot into this. They're also talking about the human health effects now. If have a feeling BP could be on the hook for a couple hundo Billion after this is all said and done (20 years from now). :frown:
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 08:47:03 AM »
Just watching the latest from Sanjay Gupta and AC on CNN doing their special reporting on the situation. Somehow after the break, they're getting ready to drag Joran Van Der Sloot into this. They're also talking about the human health effects now. If have a feeling BP could be on the hook for a couple hundo Billion after this is all said and done (20 years from now). :frown:

I think the republicans somehow blocked legislation that would allow bp to be sued for more than $75 million. With the numbers advantage the democrats have, I'm not sure how this was possible. :flush:

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 10:45:54 AM »

Would be excellent. 

They should just bring down hundreds of golfers and give them a bunch of old golf balls and let them tee off.  Seems like it would do about the same thing.

I bet Bate and/or TNCat both have a legitimate gutbusting Tiger Woods joke to go along with this.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 11:30:15 AM »

God I hope this happens

Pretty sure you're really reaching on this.  Hard.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »
Obama could've plugged this thing on day one my just dropping a dozen or so copies of his health care bill into the waters directly above the wellhead.   :users:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 02:43:33 PM »
Obama could've plugged this thing on day one my just dropping a dozen or so copies of his health care bill into the waters directly above the wellhead.   :users:

:peek: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :cool: :surprised: :D :grin: :grin: ;) :grin: :cool: :peek: :peek: :peek: :lol: :lol: :surprised: :lol: :surprised:

DUDE THAT IS HILAAARRRRIIIIOUUUUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Sugar Dick

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »
I do love that this is what it's come to, though.  They should have just started throwing golf balls and mud and tires into the hole from the start.  Would have been hilarious.

Challenge:  rearrange these words into a hilarious sexual image

Sugar Dick

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 12:25:59 AM »

wouldn't the sand wedge be a more appropriate club?

Question:  why is the political forum the only fun one to read in the summer?

The42Yardstick

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 05:54:14 AM »

wouldn't the sand wedge be a more appropriate club?

Question:  why is the political forum the only fun one to read in the summer?

Sorry to say, but the Democrats are set to absorb England's Labour and Social Democrats while the 'Pubs are gonna absorb North Korea. EXPANSION WORLD FORUM!