Author Topic: gorSuch a Great Choice  (Read 16022 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: gorSuch a Great Choice
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »
Did you even read the article? It was a tongue in cheek jab at his liberal professors, dumbasses. Stop being so butthurt and whiny. Get a sense of humor.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »
To be fair, reading the article was quite a challenge.  The DailyMail.co.uk website is garbage.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 08:26:47 AM »
The things we do as kids....Imagine when the college kids today go to get nominated for something....It will be trolltrace IRL

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 08:34:57 AM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »
They're really daring Democrats to play this game.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2017, 12:29:45 PM »
They're really daring Democrats to play this game.

I say they just screw with this guy and force the Republicans to break another check and balance.  Make Trump whine about it for a while, show what a baby he is, and then watch McConnell cave to him.

Then Weekend at Bernies the hell out of RBG and wait until 2020.  Then put the most liberal judge on the bench with a slim majority.

And by liberal, I hope they get sworn in in a pink knit hat and a rainbow colored robe.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
And is like 32
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »
Maybe instead of just nominating Gorsuch, Trump ought to nominate two or four more textualist judges now (I'd keep it an odd number, obvs). No reason he can't do that. I say if you're gonna go all in, you go all in.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2017, 07:57:17 PM »
this guy seems fine. similar to the obama guy who people crap their pants over. both good.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2017, 08:08:13 PM »
this guy seems fine. similar to the obama guy who people crap their pants over. both good.

The only competent thing trump has done so far. We should be encouraging this
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2017, 08:19:46 PM »

The only competent thing trump has done so far. We should be encouraging this

oh for sure. I'm all in on this guy (same as the guy everyone lost their brains about that obama nominated).

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2017, 08:33:05 PM »
i think it's the same dude

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2017, 09:59:52 PM »

If you care about such things his ideology is pretty far right, even right of Scalia. There is some think tank that has a left to right continuum in which they place the current justices. Three of the current four conservatives are either centrist, Chief Justice Roberts, or center right. Justice Long Dong Uncle Tom is far right on the scale and this dude was just slightly left of JLDUT.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »

If you care about such things his ideology is pretty far right, even right of Scalia. There is some think tank that has a left to right continuum in which they place the current justices. Three of the current four conservatives are either centrist, Chief Justice Roberts, or center right. Justice Long Dong Uncle Tom is far right on the scale and this dude was just slightly left of JLDUT.

I tried to find the one I think you are talking about but found this one and it seemed cooler:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2017, 10:42:19 PM »
The one I saw was on vice news tonight, last night, it was pretty damn cool, I wish I could remember the sourcing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2017, 11:19:56 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2017, 02:55:31 AM »
It was that only with faces for the plots, thanks sys

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2017, 05:34:45 AM »

I tried to find the one I think you are talking about but found this one and it seemed cooler:

Chart seems very suspect as Scalia had several fat right decisions at the end like Heller, McDonald, and Shelby county v Holder. that should have tacked his line "right" to a great degree. It's interesting to see how others perceive the court's members though.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 06:51:04 AM »
I'd be interested to know how those determinations are made, but my guess would be that the needle isn't going to move as much for 5-4 decisions.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2017, 09:38:15 AM »

well, I'm a republican so that's fine by me. unlike president of the united states you can't really be a complete dumbass and get to the supreme court.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
I really have no major problem with him.  I just want the Democrats to fight it so Trump melts down on Twitter and smacks McConnell around for a while.

He's going to get confirmed. It's just how much damage can you do to Trump and the Republicans before he is.  I'm hoping for maximum damage.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2017, 10:44:21 AM »
RBG should have retired 10 years ago (actually should have never been confirmed-aclu lawyer, lol). She's going to die while trump is president and the court is going to be made right for 30 yeqrs.

The dems aren't going to put up a fight, at all. There will be some stupid immature soundbites that the libtarded base will rejoice about, but nothing substantive.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2017, 10:56:48 AM »
RBG raised kids while acing law school and still always had a nice meal prepared for her husband by dinner time.  If she wants to survive four more years she can make it happen.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »
Oh look more repubs having fantasies about people dying. How very pro-life of you.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2017, 11:48:34 AM »
Semi-humorous (I think) article about liberals concerned about RBG. http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Can-she-eat-more-kale-Hordes-of-liberals-want-10903762.php

Actually, these quotes may be 100% serious, which makes them even funnier.