Author Topic: The would-be bomber  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The would-be bomber
« on: May 04, 2010, 09:27:12 PM »
registered dem?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

The42Yardstick

Re: The would-be bomber
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:38:06 PM »
Yes, all lefties are terrorists. The phog.net politics board told me so

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:50:12 PM »
Why would that surprise you?

If it were a Federal building, it would have been a Republican.  It's a ridiculous two party system....you can't rough ridin' put people into that broad of categories without ridiculous generalizations that make no sense.

I wish we had a parliamentary system, even though I think it would function less efficiently.....just so we didn't have such broad generalizations, and groups would be forced to attempt to get along with each other in order to build consensus and majority governments.

This two party crap if rough ridin' stupid, just stupid.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:54:10 PM »
It's the Tea Party's fault!  :runaway:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 10:12:48 PM »
Remember when the media was all "White Male" this and "White Male" that because some guy changed his shirt near the car?

Surprise, Surprise a Muslim   :flush:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 10:17:29 PM »
Remember when the media was all "White Male" this and "White Male" that because some guy changed his shirt near the car?

I think they were just saying that because a bunch of white dudes just got arrested for conspiring within their anti-American Government militia to kill American police officers who were attending a funeral.......but, that's no big woop. 

JFC.   :facepalm:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »

I think they were just saying that because a bunch of white dudes just got arrested for conspiring within their anti-American Government militia to kill American police officers who were attending a funeral.......but, that's no big woop. 

Epic Fail

They haven't said Muslim since 9/11.  Lib media  :flush:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 10:25:43 PM »

Your disappointment is hilarious.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 10:38:05 PM »

Pete actually made my point for me.   :facepalm:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 11:00:29 PM »

Those guys talked about it, but never did anything. As of a few days ago, a judge told the government that the case was pretty thin.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 11:56:43 PM »

Wait, it's not relevant that last major terrorist attempt that we foiled that was an attempted attack against us on our own soil was all white dudes in mid-America?  AND, that there has been a fever pitch of rhetoric and threats from self-avowed anti-government white hate groups who brag outloud about their armaments and military "know how?"

GTFOOMF.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 12:14:08 AM »

Wait, it's not relevant that last major terrorist attempt that we foiled that was an attempted attack against us on our own soil was all white dudes in mid-America?  AND, that there has been a fever pitch of rhetoric and threats from self-avowed anti-government white hate groups who brag outloud about their armaments and military "know how?"

GTFOOMF.

Those inbred hicks probably would have never followed through.  Something like that has to be a crime of passion.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 12:20:12 AM »

GTFOOMF.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If every time somebody tried to kill a cop it was a "major terrorsist attempt" all gang bangers would be in Gitmo.  GMAFB

The Hippocracy:  
Media:  White guys try to kill cops = major terrorist attempt.  Repeat over and over again it's white males, probably tea party people, "maybe they're upset about healthcare" - Michael Bloomberg, etc., etc.

Muslim tries to mass murder people (AGAIN) = I hope this doesn't force people to jump to conclusions, we need to be careful before we stereotype an entire group of people.  Muslim shoots a bunch of people at an Army base, Muslim tries to kill a bunch of people in Times Square, Muslim tries to blow up  a plane = let's not jump to any conclusions.

Ignoring the media's willingness to pounce on "white males" while doing everything they can to keep "muslim" out of these stories is a double standard FUBAR.  It's prima facie racism and despicable.    

But I do thank you for making my point

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 12:22:49 AM »
Sugar Dick FTW

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 12:38:06 AM »

GTFOOMF.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If every time somebody tried to kill a cop it was a "major terrorsist attempt" all gang bangers would be in Gitmo.  GMAFB

The Hippocracy:  
Media:  White guys try to kill cops = major terrorist attempt.  Repeat over and over again it's white males, probably tea party people, "maybe they're upset about healthcare" - Michael Bloomberg, etc., etc.

Muslim tries to mass murder people (AGAIN) = I hope this doesn't force people to jump to conclusions, we need to be careful before we stereotype an entire group of people.  Muslim shoots a bunch of people at an Army base, Muslim tries to kill a bunch of people in Times Square, Muslim tries to blow up  a plane = let's not jump to any conclusions.

Ignoring the media's willingness to pounce on "white males" while doing everything they can to keep "muslim" out of these stories is a double standard FUBAR.  It's prima facie racism and despicable.    

But I do thank you for making my point

This was racial profiling at it's worst, not that I care, but that is what it was.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 02:30:26 AM »
Per National Review:

"About that bomb-training. The fertilizer used in the bomb was non-explosive. The crude firecracker detonators didn't work. The clocks and wires seemed to have been completely extraneous. Makes you wonder."

Seems to me the last few "terrorists" were flattered by the term.  Shouldn't there be some minimum "terrifying" credentials for these ass holes?  Just because you're smarter than a 5th grader does not means you a member of MENSA.  I think the broad definition currently being used tells us much more about our media/public reaction than it accurately describes the abilities, as opposed to ambitionsm of these fools.  Just because I told everyone who was near me that I wanted to play football for Kansas State when I was in grade school, and I played football in Parks & Rec and on the playground, did not make it a reality.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
Per National Review:

"About that bomb-training. The fertilizer used in the bomb was non-explosive. The crude firecracker detonators didn't work. The clocks and wires seemed to have been completely extraneous. Makes you wonder."

Seems to me the last few "terrorists" were flattered by the term.  Shouldn't there be some minimum "terrifying" credentials for these ass holes?  Just because you're smarter than a 5th grader does not means you a member of MENSA.  I think the broad definition currently being used tells us much more about our media/public reaction than it accurately describes the abilities, as opposed to ambitionsm of these fools.  Just because I told everyone who was near me that I wanted to play football for Kansas State when I was in grade school, and I played football in Parks & Rec and on the playground, did not make it a reality.

If the definition of one of these guys was that if if was a successful bomb, then the term would be destructionist or some such.  But as it is, even if some of these guys are a bit on the incompetent side, they are still causing some form of fear and mayhem even if they aren't killing people.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 07:07:17 AM »
I think given their lack of stature that we shouldown our panic instead of ascribing it to incompetent morons.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 07:18:53 AM »
http://spectator.org/blog/2010/05/03/bomb-suspect-is-pakistani-darn
  News reports indicate that law-enforcement officials investigating Saturday's attempted car-bombing in Time Square are now seeking a  suspect with ties to Pakistan. Ah, but Monday morning -- before this latest development in the investigation was reported --  liberal blogger Susie Madrak wrote:

You know, I don't want to jump to conclusions here, because that would make me too much like Matt Drudge. But if the car bomber was indeed a white guy in his 40s who didn't know the difference between ammonium nitrate and plain old fertilizer, I'm thinking it's gotta be a Beck Patriot who was trying to water the tree of liberty with... the blood of random Times Square tourists. . . .
    Ah, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's a Limbaugh listener.

Less than 12 hours later, with egg on her face, Madrak engages in some rather bizarre projection:

Oh darn, looks like the wingnut team scores! No, seriously, isn't it just a little wacky that some people are more interested in who they get to blame than in the fact that someone tried to blow up Times Square?

No, Ms. Madrak, you were the one who was "more interested in . . . blame." This reminds me very much of the Left's rush to blame Glenn Beck in the Sparkman case in Kentucky. Neither Andrew Sullivan ("Southern populist terrorism") nor Rick Ungar ("Send the Body to Glenn Beck") has ever apologized for their misguided speculation in a case that ultimately proved to be a suicide, rather than a right-wing hate crime.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 07:24:03 AM »
I'm a little confused on the sides taken in this thread....need to monitor closely.  :opcat:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 10:40:41 AM »
http://spectator.org/blog/2010/05/03/bomb-suspect-is-pakistani-darn
  News reports indicate that law-enforcement officials investigating Saturday's attempted car-bombing in Time Square are now seeking a  suspect with ties to Pakistan. Ah, but Monday morning -- before this latest development in the investigation was reported --  liberal blogger Susie Madrak wrote:

You know, I don't want to jump to conclusions here, because that would make me too much like Matt Drudge. But if the car bomber was indeed a white guy in his 40s who didn't know the difference between ammonium nitrate and plain old fertilizer, I'm thinking it's gotta be a Beck Patriot who was trying to water the tree of liberty with... the blood of random Times Square tourists. . . .
    Ah, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's a Limbaugh listener.

Less than 12 hours later, with egg on her face, Madrak engages in some rather bizarre projection:

Oh darn, looks like the wingnut team scores! No, seriously, isn't it just a little wacky that some people are more interested in who they get to blame than in the fact that someone tried to blow up Times Square?

No, Ms. Madrak, you were the one who was "more interested in . . . blame." This reminds me very much of the Left's rush to blame Glenn Beck in the Sparkman case in Kentucky. Neither Andrew Sullivan ("Southern populist terrorism") nor Rick Ungar ("Send the Body to Glenn Beck") has ever apologized for their misguided speculation in a case that ultimately proved to be a suicide, rather than a right-wing hate crime.

I think Susie just owned herself
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.