Author Topic: Are you boycotting Arizona?  (Read 14212 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
Re: Are you boycotting Arizona?
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 05:00:38 PM »

Sugar Dick

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 08:34:31 PM »
Has anyone noticed that there is constant media coverage on the protests against the Arizona law?  Media constantly talking about how everyone is up in arms about it and how its got to be fixed  :blah: :blah: :blah:

Has anyone heard any mention of its 60%+ favorable approval of the law, compared to its approx 23% disapproval?

Does the media have some vested interest in getting this law overturned?  Why do they have to half-truth us?  [rhetoricals]

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 10:12:11 PM »
It also specifically states you can't pull someone over based on race.

I love this argument. The ppl in charge of this bill think that if they yell this enough, the average joe will actually believe that the cops won't do this.

Why the eff would the cops do something so "Paperwork Intensive"?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »
This boycott thing seems pretty stupid considering 70% of Arizona and more than 60% of the rest of the country like the fact that AZ is enforcing federal immigration law. Seems like a reason to move a convention to Arizona unless you have illegals working for you. :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
This boycott thing seems pretty stupid considering 70% of Arizona and more than 60% of the rest of the country like the fact that AZ is enforcing federal immigration law. Seems like a reason to move a convention to Arizona unless you have illegals working for you. :dunno:

i wonder what percentage of the south and the country used to support slavery?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »

BOOM

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 01:02:29 PM »
misinformation, fear-mongering, scare tactics.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »

Another bad analogy/diversion/race bait.  Illegals are here by choice, willingly breaking the law.

You just want cheap produce and maid service.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »
I am no longer shopping for cheap jeans at JC Penneys.  But it really has nothing to do with this law.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 01:29:23 PM »

Another bad analogy/diversion/race bait.  Illegals are here by choice, willingly breaking the law.

"THEY DURK DUR JERBS!"  (Pike can post a screenshot)

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »

"THEY DURK DUR JERBS!"  (Pike can post a screenshot)

THERS NO JERBS TU DURK   :frown:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 04:53:41 PM »
good column by whitlock on this issue.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »

RD with a brutally effective BMW jedi mindtrick.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

so you would've been pro segregation then?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2010, 09:48:13 PM »

No. This has nothing to do with race. If a Canadian is here illegally they need to be deported and re-enter through the proper channels. Stop making this about race.

wetwillie

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2010, 10:00:48 PM »
 :bwpopcorn:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »

No. This has nothing to do with race. If a Canadian is here illegally they need to be deported and re-enter through the proper channels. Stop making this about race.

who said that it had anything to do with race? why are you even bringing race into the conversation?  :dunno:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2010, 10:11:48 PM »

who said that it had anything to do with race? why are you even bringing race into the conversation?  :dunno:

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »

Racists are always so quick to deny they are. Just fess up Doug. Be proud. Be racist. Go Whites.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »

I wonder what percentage of the population still supports slavery? 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »

wtf does slavery have to do with this or any other law, sugar dick?  stay on topic, sugar dick.  illegal, arizona, sugar, dick.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2010, 10:37:11 PM »

:eye:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 10:37:15 PM »
This topic is a doozy.

I read the NY Times article by the UMKC guy who helped write the bill, and he makes some seemingly reasonable points about this thing.  Then I read the NPR interview, where he had to respond to critics of his bill. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126390888

Basically, I came away believing that the objective merits of the main argument against the bill are weak....which is "Dude, you know fracking cops are going to abuse the crap out of this."  And, simultaneously, the most persuasive subjective argument against the bill are dead on.  Cops ARE going to abuse the crap out this.  No reasonable person can argue this point given the great weight of history on these types of things.

However, it seems pretty air tight.  Can't due much to fight it, IMO.

I'm against it, but just because I'd rather see them handle it differently......more secure border, etc.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:53:04 PM by Pete »

Sugar Dick

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 10:40:30 PM »

wtf does slavery have to do with this or any other law, sugar dick?  stay on topic, sugar dick.  illegal, arizona, sugar, dick.

:surprised:

You just like saying Sugar Dick  :lick: