Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99567 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #625 on: December 03, 2015, 06:14:00 AM »
i can't smell a difference between rices and i'll bet money the writer couldn't distinguish in a blind test either.

didn't see a problem with the story.  weird reaction by liblib.

The story is fine, going to the house of the family of a SUSPECT of a developing story is horseshit. As I type this FNC is now saying the second name reported was a hoax and inaccurate, rough ridin' take a second to chill before chasing family members of potential suspects.
This is why I just change the channel and wait until today to read the news. Too many stations and publications rush to be the one to break with the latest information.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 03, 2015, 10:38:49 AM »
Kill in feels and go to heaven.  Very sensible ro militants.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 03, 2015, 01:37:58 PM »
reporting incorrect information is a different issue than whether it's appropriate to interview the family of suspects.  i'm sure there's a correlation between reporting incorrect information and how much time has elapsed since the story first emerged, but if a reporter knows/believes they have correct information, i don't see any reason why they should have to wait any set amount of time.

That isn't the only reason to wait, it isn't even the most compelling. I'm not completely 100 about the timeline but those reporters went knocking on that door no more than 3 hours after these people found out about what happened and even less than that after they were shot to death by cops on national television. What the eff kind of information are you going to get that quickly? The gentleman in Belgium had 4 days to grieve and process so he had the capacity to collect their thoughts and present something cogent. Those people in California had no idea what the hell was going on, didn't know what to think or feel. Some strange white guy knocking on their door is not only inhumane but its counterproductive.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 03, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
reporting incorrect information is a different issue than whether it's appropriate to interview the family of suspects.  i'm sure there's a correlation between reporting incorrect information and how much time has elapsed since the story first emerged, but if a reporter knows/believes they have correct information, i don't see any reason why they should have to wait any set amount of time.

That isn't the only reason to wait, it isn't even the most compelling. I'm not completely 100 about the timeline but those reporters went knocking on that door no more than 3 hours after these people found out about what happened and even less than that after they were shot to death by cops on national television. What the eff kind of information are you going to get that quickly? The gentleman in Belgium had 4 days to grieve and process so he had the capacity to collect their thoughts and present something cogent. Those people in California had no idea what the hell was going on, didn't know what to think or feel. Some strange white guy knocking on their door is not only inhumane but its counterproductive.

What does the reporter being white have to do with it?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 03, 2015, 01:49:19 PM »

That's journalism. It's getting the scoop. Journalists justify is as getting information to the people as quickly as possible. The real reason is that journalism is a competitive business. But this only bothers me when journalists are in such a rush for the scoop that they get facts wrong - I don't think the family of a suspected killer is entitled to any particular buffering protection other than to not disclose their address.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 03, 2015, 01:50:45 PM »
Well that's because you're a horrible person that cares nothing for others
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 03, 2015, 01:51:49 PM »

pot kettle  :lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 03, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »

the family can decline to be interviewed.  "no comment" and close door.  doesn't seem overly intrusive to me.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 03, 2015, 02:23:06 PM »

That's the kind of crap I would expect from edna or ok_cat. You're better than that lib7.  :nono:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 03, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »

pot kettle  :lol:

Weird post
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 03, 2015, 02:57:52 PM »

just mir being a racist and blaming white people for all the world's problems. 
@lopakman

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 03, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »

Not a damn thing, just stating a fact. Why did you choose to extract that?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 03, 2015, 03:04:30 PM »

just mir being a racist and blaming white people for all the world's problems.

I don't want to play cuckold games with you and your wife, leave me alone already.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 03, 2015, 03:09:14 PM »

That's journalism. It's getting the scoop. Journalists justify is as getting information to the people as quickly as possible. The real reason is that journalism is a competitive business. But this only bothers me when journalists are in such a rush for the scoop that they get facts wrong - I don't think the family of a suspected killer is entitled to any particular buffering protection other than to not disclose their address.

His name was not officially released yet, when they went knocking its entirety possible that they could have been wrong. Also this isn't journalism. I was taught that journalism is getting it right, not getting it fast.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 03, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »

His name was not officially released yet, when they went knocking its entirety possible that they could have been wrong. Also this isn't journalism. I was taught that journalism is getting it right, not getting it fast.
That's because you were taught on a daily news cycle. That certainly isn't true anymore, for better or worse. It's worse.
:adios:

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 10, 2015, 04:59:21 AM »
Wallace has a string of convictions for violent offences including possession of a knife.

Didn't know the UK regulates knives much like the US regulates guns.  nuts

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 01, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »
Just read on Fox News that a bunch of Muslim meat whackers at a slaughter plant in Fort Morgan walked out in protest because the plant wasn't giving them time to pray.  They got canned.  Why in the hell should a business be forced to make such accomodations?  This is the pattern laid on in the jihadists take over recipe, make a society change for our religion.  This is not sensible; it's horse crap.  I have to keep my faith out of the workplace.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 01, 2016, 11:52:14 PM »
No you don't

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 08, 2016, 11:09:42 AM »
Do we want to continue to import these stone age thinking thugs.  Pepper spray is a hot buy in Europe.  Last night some islamonut tried to execute a Philly police officer.  Why in the hell import people who want to kill America.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 08, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Do we want to continue to import these stone age thinking thugs.  Pepper spray is a hot buy in Europe.  Last night some islamonut tried to execute a Philly police officer.  Why in the hell import people who want to kill America.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dramatic-photos-capture-moment-gunman-allegedly-execute-philadelphia/story?id=36162427

weird since no legit place is reporting that.

edit: NY Daily is not legitimate.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cullen Fitzpatrick

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • sobriety is overrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 08, 2016, 11:41:48 AM »
Just read on Fox News that a bunch of Muslim meat whackers at a slaughter plant in Fort Morgan walked out in protest because the plant wasn't giving them time to pray.  They got canned.  Why in the hell should a business be forced to make such accomodations?  This is the pattern laid on in the jihadists take over recipe, make a society change for our religion.  This is not sensible; it's horse crap.  I have to keep my faith out of the workplace.

Those goat fuckers moved here. If they don't like our culture they should go back to whatever 5th century shithole Muslim country they came from.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 08, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »

Those goat fuckers moved here. If they don't like our culture they should go back to whatever 5th century shithole Muslim country they came from.

This is probably exactly what the other meatpackers said during their smoke break.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 08, 2016, 01:34:21 PM »

This is probably exactly what the other meatpackers said during their smoke break.

Meat packing you say?  Probably more like this...

¿Has visto el tweet de Brownback ? Él no ' saber cómo funciona el código tributario.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting