Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99813 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »
I don't think I have ever seen anyone, left wing or otherwise, excuse the theocracies of the Middle East. I do think it's a little bit ridiculous to group people who immigrated here to get away from those people with them. I'm also curious what the people who think Islam is a problem want to see done. Should we round them all up and put them in camps like we did with Japanese people during WW2? Just send them all back to the Middle East? What is your solution?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2015, 08:23:39 AM »
I feel that the reasons these attacks occur are more because of a Western/U.S. meddling of affairs in the Middle East and the near century long support of brutal dictators in the region.

I feel that this is a post hoc rationalization that ignore centuries of worth of history, and either disingenuous rhetoric or simple ignorance.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2015, 08:27:18 AM »
I don't think I have ever seen anyone, left wing or otherwise, excuse the theocracies of the Middle East. I do think it's a little bit ridiculous to group people who immigrated here to get away from those people with them. I'm also curious what the people who think Islam is a problem want to see done. Should we round them all up and put them in camps like we did with Japanese people during WW2? Just send them all back to the Middle East? What is your solution?

You and ChiCat need to cool it with the strawmen. Not productive.

We do have a democrat in office, so internment camps are a real possibility, I suppose. But that's neither here nor there.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2015, 08:29:09 AM »
The enemy of extremism is integration. These are more than anything, attacks on integration, and they are working perfectly (see above). The best thing for radical islamic groups is for all muslims to be shunned and alienated wherever they choose to live. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2015, 08:30:10 AM »

You and ChiCat need to cool it with the strawmen. Not productive.

We do have a democrat in office, so internment camps are a real possibility, I suppose. But that's neither here nor there.

It's not a strawman. It was a question about what should be done with all of the muslims. Because if you don't want to do anything with them, then they hardly seem worth worrying about.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2015, 09:21:27 AM »
The enemy of extremism is integration. These are more than anything, attacks on integration, and they are working perfectly (see above). The best thing for radical islamic groups is for all muslims to be shunned and alienated wherever they choose to live.

I agree with you that integration is a really good way to reduce extremism. And I would also agree that an opposition to integration motivates extremism - put another way as opposition to adopting western culture.

Uncontrolled immigration is the primary reason for failure to assimilate, and many European countries now have a much bigger problem on their hands than we do. It's gotten really, really bad, and given Europe's history of ethnic atrocities, this does not bode well.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2015, 09:40:57 AM »
We can always count on the progressive Europeans for a good go round of ethnic cleansing and extermination. It's in their culture and blood.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2015, 10:31:36 AM »
Frenchie GIGN just resolved the crap out of this situation.  Simultaneous operations took out multiple terrorists in 2 spots.  Some hostages freed.  Unsure on causalities.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »
Amnesty International saying that boko haram killed as many as 2000 in the town of Baga.

There needs to be a terrorism thread with a non-ridiculous title.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/kids-reunite-parents-lost-nigeria-islamic-uprising-28106423

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2015, 01:30:18 PM »
Amnesty International saying that boko haram killed as many as 2000 in the town of Baga.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/kids-reunite-parents-lost-nigeria-islamic-uprising-28106423

global outrage and global mainstream media are both very racist. nobody cares about africa. sad.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »

I will entertain suggested revisions, but no guarantees.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2015, 02:08:10 PM »

I will entertain suggested revisions, but no guarantees.

Put t in the "another muslim " thread.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2015, 02:18:32 PM »
"another salifi jihadist(whose number and influence is subject for debate) did something shitty"

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »
I feel that the reasons these attacks occur are more because of a Western/U.S. meddling of affairs in the Middle East and the near century long support of brutal dictators in the region.

I feel that this is a post hoc rationalization that ignore centuries of worth of history, and either disingenuous rhetoric or simple ignorance.

-post WW1 lines
-the Shah
- Mubarek
- creation of Israel
- upholding the Saudi Royal family
- a decade plus American occupation in two middle Easteren regions

Yeah no Westeren meddling of affairs there.   :rolleyes:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2015, 02:56:55 PM »

-post WW1 lines
-the Shah
- Mubarek
- creation of Israel

please don't ask Fake to draw connections between events which he sees as totally unrelated.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2015, 06:08:41 PM »

-post WW1 lines
-the Shah
- Mubarek
- creation of Israel

please don't ask Fake to draw connections between events which he sees as totally unrelated.

What you two idiots are too dense, indoctrinated and propogated to realize is that:
- history began more than 100 years ago (hence "centuries")
- the rape, torture, murder, enslavement and other forms of violence these groups inflict upon people is overwhelming inflicted upon other muslims, belying the very premise you rely upon
- your perverse self deprecating position is nothing more than an excuse to justify and/or rationalize the atrocious behavior of these radicals
- these groups have outlawed the practice of religion, other than their own form of it, from the regions they control

If the usa has any fault in this matter, its our pathetic president who shares your view and is so weak and ineffective as a leader that he's actually emboldened these people to pursue their raping, maming and murdering rampage.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »
Amazing

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2015, 07:18:36 PM »

-post WW1 lines
-the Shah
- Mubarek
- creation of Israel

What you two idiots are too dense, indoctrinated and propogated to realize is that:
- history began more than 100 years ago (hence "centuries")
- the rape, torture, murder, enslavement and other forms of violence these groups inflict upon people is overwhelming inflicted upon other muslims, belying the very premise you rely upon
- your perverse self deprecating position is nothing more than an excuse to justify and/or rationalize the atrocious behavior of these radicals
- these groups have outlawed the practice of religion, other than their own form of it, from the regions they control

If the usa has any fault in this matter, its our pathetic president who shares your view and is so weak and ineffective as a leader that he's actually emboldened these people to pursue their raping, maming and murdering rampage.

Apparently history with you only begins with Obama. 

Now if you weren't so sure of yourself you would realize that the atrocities muslims commit against other muslims and against the west  is a byproduct of the lack of cultural and social development that has been hindered by western influence in the region. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2015, 07:29:01 PM »
You live in a fantasy.

Western influence has curtailed social and cultural development of the extremist muslims? Are you rough ridin' crazy?

You seriously haven't noticed how much more powerful these groups have become over the last 6 years??

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2015, 07:43:45 PM »
Our history of upholding brutal dictators who have suppressed any type of progress amongst the common muslim citizen has spawned extremism towards the west and towards each other in a battle for power. 

The average muslim citizen is broke, underemployed, and they live under the sword of Islam that we so happily have supported because of our selfish oil interests.   

I'm sorry that you don't know it all FSD.  None of us do.   I figured that what I'm speaking was common knowledge amongst college educated individuals.   

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2015, 08:02:51 PM »
I want to hear a FSD version of recent history

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2015, 08:03:18 PM »
And we've come full circle. Where history begins less than 100 years ago.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2015, 08:14:12 PM »

And we've come full circle. Where history begins less than 100 years ago.
I just want to hear more about China being Russia's right hand.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2015, 08:21:59 PM »

School is out bubbles, two stay at home days for you, child.