Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99824 times)

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2015, 11:58:35 AM »
Tim McVeigh says 'what's up, normal white Christians!?!'

Nothing to do with religion.

Still had beef with our government and country.

As most people do in one way or anoth er.

Thats why its more grievance based than religious/muslim based.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »
Why is the left so obsessed with attempting to minimize the fact that these horrific acts are undertaken by muslim groups?

It's a huge rough ridin' problem that is well funded (both in dollars and people) and globally institutionalized.  Conflating it with the okc bombing or rando murders motivated by God knows what (likely drugs) is pathetic and idiotic.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »
Why is the left so obsessed with attempting to minimize the fact that these horrific acts are undertaken by muslim groups?

It's a huge rough ridin' problem that is well funded (both in dollars and people) and globally institutionalized.  Conflating it with the okc bombing or rando murders motivated by God knows what (likely drugs) is pathetic and idiotic.

I agree with FSD on this.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2015, 12:26:18 PM »

Because you can be more specific than muslims and avoid blaming a whole group of innocent people.  The KKK believes themselves to be a Christian organization.  If they commit hate crimes against people, we don't say Christians are running around committing hate crimes.  Are people who commit mass shootings gunowners?  Usually, but the more telling bit might be that they are mentally ill.  All of these people are certainly Christian, Muslim, or Gunowners but characterize them that way stereotypes a much broader group of innocent people.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »
:dance:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2015, 12:34:14 PM »

It isn't a huge problem.

Perpetrators of crimes in the name of religion should be treated just like people who commit crimes without considering religion.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »

Because you can be more specific than muslims and avoid blaming a whole group of innocent people.  The KKK believes themselves to be a Christian organization.  If they commit hate crimes against people, we don't say Christians are running around committing hate crimes.  Are people who commit mass shootings gunowners?  Usually, but the more telling bit might be that they are mentally ill.  All of these people are certainly Christian, Muslim, or Gunowners but characterize them that way stereotypes a much broader group of innocent people.
I agree with you, but there are some pretty shocking statistics that make me wonder about the support for these types of things among the muslim population.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/05/01/64-percent-of-muslims-in-egypt-and-pakistan-support-the-death-penalty-for-leaving-islam/

Now I'm certainly not saying that the Paris perps are representative of all muslims, but I sincerely doubt theirs is as minority a view as the KKK's relative to each's religion as a whole.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2015, 12:53:51 PM »

It isn't a huge problem.

Perpetrators of crimes in the name of religion should be treated just like people who commit crimes without considering religion.
Huge is a matter of perception, I guess. It seems huge to me. 

Are criminals motivated by religion treated differently? I didn't know they were.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2015, 12:58:17 PM »

It isn't a huge problem.

Are criminals motivated by religion treated differently? I didn't know they were.

Maybe I don't understand what you and FSD are trying to say. Other than religion and the fact that way fewer people died, what makes this different from the OKC bombing? Are we treating this differently? How/why should we react differently?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2015, 01:17:14 PM »

It isn't a huge problem.

Maybe I don't understand what you and FSD are trying to say. Other than religion and the fact that way fewer people died, what makes this different from the OKC bombing? Are we treating this differently? How/why should we react differently?

The difference to me is that OKC was a couple of anti-government nut jobs. They weren't a part of a larger network committing similar atrocities.  When McVeigh and Nichols were arrested, problem solved.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2015, 01:30:35 PM »
Yeah, the multi billion dollar, multi million person group called Islamic State, which is currently waging war across the middle east, claiming territory in its name and orchestrating terrorist attacks across the globe is clearly is NOT a problem, and is basically the SAME as two guys in a truck and the KKK.

The idiocy is simply stunning.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2015, 01:39:41 PM »
I don't see terrorism as a problem that should be getting the amount of attention that it does. We could save a lot more lives with a lot less money invested in infrastructure.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 01:47:10 PM »
I don't know if this counts because it's Nigeria.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30728158

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2015, 01:48:15 PM »

It isn't a huge problem.

The difference to me is that OKC was a couple of anti-government nut jobs. They weren't a part of a larger network committing similar atrocities.  When McVeigh and Nichols were arrested, problem solved.

that makes sense.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2015, 02:22:32 PM »
I don't see terrorism as a problem that should be getting the amount of attention that it does. We could save a lot more lives with a lot less money invested in infrastructure.

If the infrastructure includes a bunch of autonomous machines roaming the country that will eliminate radical islamist terrorists in the good ol' USofA, I'm all in.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2015, 02:25:31 PM »
This thread threatened to turn full on libtard there for a moment, but several voices of reason have intervened. :thumbs:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2015, 02:38:29 PM »
STRAWMAN

I can summarize your posts too, only much more accurately.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2015, 02:43:41 PM »
Yeah, I can totally see Christians doing this in the name of Christianity - 3 or 4 centuries ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/09/world/europe/survivors-retrace-a-scene-of-horror-at-charlie-hebdo.html?_r=1
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2015, 02:50:24 PM »
Yeah, I can totally see Christians doing this in the name of Christianity - 3 or 4 centuries ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/09/world/europe/survivors-retrace-a-scene-of-horror-at-charlie-hebdo.html?_r=1

I'm not sure who you are arguing with, OK Cat maybe?  I mean you can argue with him if you want, but you would be the only one taking him that seriously

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »

so what should be done, differently from what is being done right now?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »
Christopher Hitchens on Islam

one of a million great hitchens videos on the subject of religious violence

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2015, 03:13:40 PM »

so what should be done, differently from what is being done right now?

I don't know the answer to that. I guess stop denying the problem exists, for starters. I'm not saying that's happening here, except for a few dumbasses, but the so much of the media seems to bend over backwards to "not rush to judgment" when it so obvious what happened. CNN had a video of these monsters shouting Allahu Ahkbar but they were cautioning people that they didn't yet know the cause.

We have to continue fighting the intelligence/military/police counter-offensive. Withholding all aid from state sponsors and enablers of terrorism would also help.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »
No one denies a problem exists

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2015, 03:27:16 PM »
No one denies a problem exists

Depends upon what you mean by "problem." There are plenty of libtards who will tell you that muslim extremism is no worse than christian extremism, or that these people aren't really Muslims so ___ attack had nothing to do with Islam, etc. The simple truth is that Islam and Muslims have a particular problem with fostering violent extremists.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:30:22 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2015, 03:27:42 PM »
Link?